Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 135358596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    Link is down please fix thanks!
    Link seems to be working right now.
    I have just got a palm pre, I have downloaded the relevant software to get preware installed. It goes through all the motions with no difficulty, I restart. Still no preware loaded on my phone. If I use webos quick install to check device status it says it is on the phone. Why can't I access it or find it on my phone? phone details are, palm web os 1.1.2, firmware cu0.5.13(127), model p100UEU. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    any particular reason you are on 1.1.2? I dont know if you need to have an older version of quick install to match but I would try updating the phone to 1.4.5 with webOS doctor and try again.
    Is it me... or has nobody replied to numerous responses about using the themer on this updated version? The load theme button IS NOT THERE. I have looked through this thread... but don't see anything. Can anyone give a step-by-step tutorial? It only is allowing me to use the pre-installed themes, rather than the themes that I download from precentral.
    And when you try to download the themes that is DOES provide, it says unable to connect to url.
    For some reason I'm failing to use webOSQuickInstaller behind the proxy.
    I'm using 3.14 version.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    For all people having issues on Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit) I just found another solution (sorry if it has been posted before):

As a Windows 7 user you can download "XP Mode" for free here:

Download Windows XP Mode

That basically gives you a small Windows running XP inside Windows 7. Inside this XP Window, install Java and webOSQI. Install Novacom by running the Doctor once. Connect your device.

In the upper part of the XP Mode you'll see a menu with an "USB" entry. Click that and select "Pre". The device is now available to XP Mode and it should detect it as Novacom device. After the driver installation is done (this take like a minute, be patient) XP should prompt you to restart. After rebooting XP, click "USB" and "Pre" again and QI should work.

This is how i got it working on Windows 7 64-bit. Hope it helps.
    I am using the home premium win 7 which is not eligible to download the XP Mode freely. I am crazy now.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrach42 View Post
    I have a major problem.I can't even get webOS quick install to launch. All it does is flash a cmd screen and then nothing. The flash is less than half a second. I have win 7 32bit, have downloaded and reinstalled the newest java several times, already have webOSdoctor, and cant think of anything else to do. I have also gone over the troubleshooting guide several times, and nothing has helped.
    Yep. Same here. I am crazy now.
    Someone just found the solution for win 7 user, which to install xp mode.
    Download Windows XP Mode
    However, it seems that it is only eligible to those who installed Professional and above.
    Too bad, I am using home premium version.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    I got it to work...
    I put Webosquickinstall v3.12 in my C:\users\(computer name) folder and I also put webosdoctor in that same folder(btw at&t users get your webosdoctor from here Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    then I ran command prompt (go to start menu, search for "run", click "run", type in cmd and command prompt will open up)
    In command prompt I typed "java -jar webosquickinstall.jar" and webosquickinstall opens up
    Also folks remember to go to the file menu when webosquickinstall opens up and then select options and then click "attempt novacom (re)installation". Make sure the setting Device to Use is USB Device.
    you r genius. finally helped me out. I really appreciate it. I takes me almost 2 days searching around to find the solution.
    hy there, i have a question:

WOQI work with the new Pre 2?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I just downloaded WebOSQI today. The file seems to be quite a bit smaller than expected (only 1.3MB compared to the 3MB+ I've seen referred to). It took a very long time for it to download WebOSDoctor.jar, as well.

The issue I'm having at this point is that Novacom refuses to install. I get a System Error message, and only after sending the Error Report do I get what looks like the novacom install progress bar, which only appears for a moment, then vanishes. When running "sc query novacomd" from a command prompt, it says the program is not installed. I've tried to reinstall from the QI Options multiple times.

Any suggestions? My main reason for installing WebOSQI is to pull copies of the Prelude font off my phone. Thanks!

Well, duh'r, it was a simple permissions issue with the user account logged into while installing. Nevermind!
    Last edited by ackthbbft; 11/20/2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: question withdrawn
    Buddy Hatts off to you
    waiting for funds to flow in my a/c to transfer to you
    i was just able to install the WebOSQuickInstall, after much problems and redownloading of WeOSDoctor and Novacom. I'm able to downloadbut can not utilize the Tweaks section. When I get into that menu, I get a msg box with the following error:

Cannot connect to package feed:

http//ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.4.5/Packages

Once I hit <OK>, the selections are enabled, however when I click on one of the selections, I receive another msg box:

Unable to connect to patch feed

Can someone please assist me with this?

I'm on OS version 1.4.5 on the original Palm Pre from Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbariao View Post
    i was just able to install the WebOSQuickInstall, after much problems and redownloading of WeOSDoctor and Novacom. I'm able to downloadbut can not utilize the Tweaks section. When I get into that menu, I get a msg box with the following error:

Cannot connect to package feed:

http//ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.4.5/Packages

Once I hit <OK>, the selections are enabled, however when I click on one of the selections, I receive another msg box:

Unable to connect to patch feed

Can someone please assist me with this?

I'm on OS version 1.4.5 on the original Palm Pre from Sprint.
    It sounds like you don't have your device in Developer Mode. Bring up the device launcher and type the following: webos06062009 then tap the Icon to enable Developer mode. Your device will restart and WOSQI should be able to see it then.
    The other night, when I first started this process, after I followed the steps on my phone, I connected it to the computer and pressed "charge". As soon as I did, a pop up installation window appeared. From what I can tell, it looked as if it were trying to install novacomd. However, since this wasn't mentioned in the Getting Started guide, I ignored it. From there I went thru the steps as outlined on the Getting Started page. After I answered "Yes" to the webos doctor question and picked my carrier and phone, webos doctor was downloaded. Then the QI window appeared. It appeared seemingly without installing novacomd because I was never asked to connect my device and I never saw the window showing novacomd configuration. Since then I have deleted QI and WebOS doctor multiple times and started anew with the steps, always with the same results (except that I haven't been able to get the install window mentioned above) to come back.

Things I have tried:

* When I click on File -> Options to try to restart novacomd, nothing happens when I select Options.
    * When I go to "services.msc", Palm Novacomd is not listed on the list on the right.
    * After I couldn't get the steps to work the first time, I went thru the steps in the pop up install window I mentioned above. It seemed to go thru the process of installing but at the end I got an error saying that it could find a device (or something to that effect).
    * I looked at the steps for Setting Up Novacomd, but since it seems to be written for Windows 7, I don't know that it would apply to me.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
    did you also update java to the current 6.0 version ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It sounds like you don't have your device in Developer Mode. Bring up the device launcher and type the following: webos06062009 then tap the Icon to enable Developer mode. Your device will restart and WOSQI should be able to see it then.
    Thanks Newman. I was in developer mode, i enabled it after typing in upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
    once it restarted i tried everything and it didn't work, i got the same error.

i tried typing in webos06062009, but nothing came up.
    While I assumed I had the most up to date version prior, I went ahead and upgraded, tried again. Same results.
    The only thing more I wish this had was the ability to select each patch and then install them after I've selected which ones I want instead of one by one.
    [I'm, of course, referring to the online repository]