Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12525758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Troubleshooting Guide

My browser downloaded the file as WebOSQuickInstall.download or WebOSQuickInstall.zip
    This seems to be an issue for some people on some browsers. Try renaming manually to ".jar" extension.

I've unzipped the file, what do I do next?
    Nothing! Don not, I repeat, DO NOT, unzip/unrar the .jar file. The nature of a JAR file is that it is both an archive and an executable program. We only wanna use the executable program aspect.

How do I run the program?
    Window:
    • Double-clicking on the .jar should work. If it doesn't, reinstall Java 1.6.

Mac OS X:
    • According to this document, OS X 10.5 Update 1 is when Macs got Java SE 6 (aka Java 1.6). This is required for WebOS Quick Install to run correctly.
    • For some MacOS versions that don't support the above release of Java 1.6, you want to try SoyLatte.
    • Also, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use and should have no ill side effects.

Ubuntu:
    • To install the current version of Java, enter the following in terminal:
      sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre
    • To run the .jar, right click, choose "Open with" and select "Sun Java X.X runtime"

For more info, see How to Run a .Jar Java File: 11 steps - wikiHow

I already WebOSDoctor downloaded. Do I have to download it again?
    Nope, you can just move your existing copy to the same folder as WebOS Quick Install and the program will run.

I'm seeing this screen. What do I do next?
    Nothing, close that window! That's WebOSDoctor. You don't want to run that unless you want to reset your Pre to factory WebOS settings (and wiping all your data).

In WebOS Quick Install, clicking menu Tools->Device Management does absolutely nothing
    This means WebOS Quick Install is unable to access the WebOSDoctor.jar file. Possibly corrupted jar file. You'll want to delete the WebOSDoctor.jar file then redownload from this link in post #1. Put that downloaded file in the same folder as WebOS Quick Install.

I'm getting "ERROR: No device found."
    Common error. Two main reasons this could occur:
    1. Mis-matched your choice of device. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. If your target is the WebOS emulator on your computer, choose "Emulator"; if your target is a real device, like a Palm Pre, choose "USB Device".
    2. Your device and/or computer are not configured correctly. WebOS Quick Install depends on both your device being ready for the connection as well as your computer being ready for the connection.
      • Novacom needs to be installed on your computer. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. Click the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
        • Alternatively, Windows users can manually install Novacom via this method.
        • Linux users can download Novacom here. Read this guide if your Linux distribution doesn't use Debian files.
        • A computer restart is highly recommended.
        • Windows users can verify Novacom is running by going StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" and looking for a "Palm Novacom" entry and making sure it's started.
      • Bad USB Connection
        • It's recommended to plug in your device into a main USB port that outputs power
        • Some people have reported devices, like Canon printers, interfering with a Novacom-based connection
        • It's highly recommended to use an OEM USB cable, as some eBay ones have been reported to prevent a Novacom-based connection
      • WebOS device needs to have DevMode.
        • This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature. Don't worry, the reset won't wipe any data.
        • Some circumstances can cause the the toggle to show as enabled even when its disabled. To solve this problem, disable it then re-enable it.
        • Some people report OTA updates reset DevMode. Keep that in mind when updating.
      • Novacom Connection Issue
        • Rare, but not unheard of. Restarting the service (or your computer) will fix this
        • On Windows, go StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" and look for a "Palm Novacom" entry. Right click it and choose "Restart"
      • Wrong Java Installation
        • Some people have reported that installing 32bit Java on 64bit computer, and vice versa, can cause issues when running WebOS Quick Install
      • When you plugin your device, choose "Just Charge"
    i cannot find the file at all
    I keep having an issue with the novacom install. It says control service failed service removed. What do io have to do?
    Patches can't be installed with woqi downloaded gnu patch/lsdiff

Hi,

using woqi 3.14 I get the following error:
    if gnu_patch and lsdiff are not installed and woqi installs them, all patches (lokal patch-files or patches from the tweaks section) give an
    line 2: syntax error ")" unexpected
    error.
    I could reproduce it with the emulator and also a real pre (both 1.4.5). On a windows 7 x64 and a windows xp system.

If I install gnu_patch and lsdiff via preware first and than use woqi to install a patch, everything works fine.

The only difference I could find was the version number of gnu_patch:
    2.5.9-4 from preware
    2.5.9-3 from woqi

What's going wrong there?

thanks for your help

mik
    Thanks again!
    How can I get WOSQI 2.96? I have a theme that isnt showing in preware I heard 2.96 is the only version that will let me remove it. Can someone help?
    thanks for the app!
    I am still having a problem with the blue arrow not working. I can access my phone and install programs that I have already downloaded, but I can't get the blue arrow (repositories?) to work.

I read earlier that it has happened when people have accidentally changed the "feeds" - I may have done that. How do I restore? I have tried deleting and reinstalling webos doctor, webos quickinstall, and novacom.
    Read through this post and saw several questions about the "Themer" but never saw any answeres. I had to revert back to 2.96 in order to install a .zip theme. In 3.14 there is no "Load Theme" button to add sip files and it never gets to the point where I can even add feed themes. Attached are screen shots of each that I end up with when using each version of WOQI.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    when i click to install the webos quick install i get error that says invalid or corrupt jarfile...any way to fix this?
    "I get by with a little help from my friends, get high with a little help from my friends."
    -The Beatles

My Device History

Went a year without a Palm and had to go back lol
    Nevermind lol...i feel like a complete ***** lol...java wasnt installed lol
    "I get by with a little help from my friends, get high with a little help from my friends."
    -The Beatles

My Device History

Went a year without a Palm and had to go back lol
    Just an FYI for Windows 7 users....I was having problems getting WebOS Quick Install to work until I downloaded and installed the SDK and that seemed to fix my issues. May not work for everyone but it's an easy fix if it does. Hope it helps someone else.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

what is the "SDK"??? I am trying to get this to work. it downloaded(took forever) amd then did nothing. I cant even find it on my computer.
    found SDK....still wont work. i click the 'webosquickinstall' and nothing happens....
    i have java(current) and windows 7
    Hi,
    I'm from Australia and i just imported an unlocked Pre from the UK.
    Last night I downloaded WOSQI and notised a few programs arn't in the feeds i think they should be.
    Preware was the first one(it should be in the web os intenals feed right) and Navit was also missing(precentral feed?).
    Is this like in the normal app feed where some apps are only available in certain countries? Or am i doing somthing wrong?
    The knowledge and expertise of the Precentral members would be a great help.
    Thanks
    Luigi
    Rebooting ubuntu netbook edition after the novacom.deb install was the key for me. Recognized my Pre right after that. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by darth_luigi View Post
    Hi,
    I'm from Australia and i just imported an unlocked Pre from the UK.
    Last night I downloaded WOSQI and notised a few programs arn't in the feeds i think they should be.
    Preware was the first one(it should be in the web os intenals feed right) and Navit was also missing(precentral feed?).
    Is this like in the normal app feed where some apps are only available in certain countries? Or am i doing somthing wrong?
    The knowledge and expertise of the Precentral members would be a great help.
    Thanks
    Luigi
    Try checking here if you need confirmation:

Index of /feeds/
    I'm getting no device found error. I followed all the steps in the troubleshooting post. Still no luck

Running on Windows 7. Followed the Windows 7 - easier Method thread, i have novacom installed. Still doesnt work for me
    when i try to install the Preware through "WebOS Quick Install", after I click the "Install" icon in the "WebOS Quick Install" window, it says: "Erroe 1, connection refused:connect", any one had this problem before?
    Win7, WebOS 1.4.5, and I have set the Palm Pre in develop mode.
    Last edited by tel5858; 10/20/2010 at 06:37 AM.
    when i try to install the preware it says ERROR 1 connection refused:connect i already tried the novacom install and it still doesnt work so please help