Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    hey i had the previous ver of quickinstall on my pc and i downloaded v3.14, but it looks exactly the same as the previous. I tried installing over it, and completely removing it but still no dice. trying to get the newer ver so i can use themer with themes i downloaded.

Suggestions?
    Unless I'm mistaken WebOS QuickInstall will not run on a non intel mac. I'm running Leopard 10.5 but my mac would only update java to SE5.0 ...and the soylatte patch also requires an intel mac.

Perhaps it would be good if you could put a notice on the first page so that people like me don't waste a couple of hours just to find out!

Best regards, Neil.
    I'm having this exact same problem... anyone know why/how to fix it?
    If the problem you're having is your computer won't communicate with your Palm here's what you do. Open Quick Install then click "Help". Select "Usage" and it shows a few things you have to do to get the computer to connect with your Palm. I was having the same problem and this straightened it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    Great guide but had a lot of trouble getting my Palm to connect with Ubuntu 9.10.

To solve this problem go to the novacom directory, "/opt/Plam/Novacom", run "./novacomd" and then run WebOS Quick install.

Code:
    ~$ cd /opt/Palm/novacom/
    /opt/Palm/novacom$ sudo ./novacomd
    It would help if this info were added to the guide.

(If it's in here somewhere, I couldn't find it because the thread search kept timing out.)
    We got a new Pre in the house and I needed this info. Glad I found it because I forgot how I did it last time.

**I think this should be added to the guide just in case someone else needs this information.
    Last edited by ohiomoto; 09/13/2010 at 11:24 PM.
    I need help. I HAVE BEEN USING THIS FOR A WHILE NOW AND IM RUNNING ON A MAC. When i wanna add apps from the feeds on my computer i cant get the feed window to pop up. I pressed the Blue arrow thats facing down, but nothing happens. This started happening when i entered a wrong feed website. Now the feed window wont pop up. Any suggestions?
    my wife and I just each got sprint pres through the HP site for free w/a $50 card. She needed a new phone cuz her centro quit responding and since we were renewing the contract I figured that I would scratch my itch for webos finaaly. Anyways, we've had the phones for about 2 weeks and it's time to start patching. Well we're running winxp sp 3, I dl'ed wosqi and opened it up, put the pre in dev mode, wosqi asks to dl webosdoctor, I say yes, it dl's most of it then stops( gets interupted or something), I repeatedly try to dl it through all the channels I know of along with deleting and re dling wosqi numeruos times, tried the wiki page for the doctor and official palm site I've got webosdoctor to come up with the official dl but that is only a web shortcut or something where java calls it up(.jpnl file I think) I can't find the jar file of the doctor if it really did dl it and wosqi can't either.

I patiently await any and all help anyone can give me here. I think I've given as much info as I can.

is it just webosdoctor that is not dling for anyone else?

thanks much!!

kevin
    Search the forums, There's usually plenty of links to the doctor around. Download it and place it in the same directory as WOSQI and it should work fine.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    it dl's most of it then stops( gets interupted or something),
    when you say 'stops' what do you mean exactly? because when you download DR, at the end it pauses for what seem,s forever (but it's probably 3-5 minutes) before it completes/closes.

if you are getting to this point, be patient and let it finish.
    if you aren't getting this far, then you'll probably need someone more experienced to help.
    it's stops downloading anywhere from 18MB up to 202MB out of 206. i tried getting it this past weekend most of the evening saturday and through out the day on sunday with it consistantly not finishing. the official palm jnlp file lets java open the doctor and i see the start screen but i've been unable to download the whole thing so far. it's quite frustrating. java finally worked with it after i uninstalled and reinstalled. but i still don't have the full file to place with wosqi.

gotta go out with the kids to the store but i'll check back in a bit later.

thank you for all the suggestions so far!

kevin
    this link. Choose your correct version.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    thank you... that is one of the places that i've been trying over and over again with no success. webos internals webos doctor wiki, official palm site and letting wosqi do it's thing too.

is anyone willing to check and see if they can download from the above link and make sure it's just me that's got the problem on my end connection wise or other.

i'm currently trying the above suggestion again,

thanks ChemEngr

kevin

:Update: only made it to 37.1MB
    Last edited by kevhead; 09/15/2010 at 08:02 PM.
    I tried to search through the thread but I didn't find anything.
    I'm on webOS 1.4.5 using QI 3.14. Whenever I try to go to the tweaks part of the program, I get a "Error Downloading Package Feed" box. Is there a way to fix this?
    Thanks, I will try this
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    I tried to search through the thread but I didn't find anything.
    I'm on webOS 1.4.5 using QI 3.14. Whenever I try to go to the tweaks part of the program, I get a "Error Downloading Package Feed" box. Is there a way to fix this?
    Can someone help with me this? QI can't connect to it, but I can access the feed through IE or Firefox.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    Can someone help with me this? QI can't connect to it, but I can access the feed through IE or Firefox.
    That sounds like a firewall issue. Are you trying to access it from your work PC? I've seen these types of issues with work PC's and network firewalls. Have you tried it from a pc that is hooked up to the net through a different network?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    That sounds like a firewall issue. Are you trying to access it from your work PC? I've seen these types of issues with work PC's and network firewalls. Have you tried it from a pc that is hooked up to the net through a different network?
    I was thinking it was a firewall problem, but I'm able to go through IE and download the tweaks, just not able to with QI. I tried downloading it through IE and installing it with QI. But it's not installing properly.
    how long does the webOS doctor take to download
    ^it's a 200+ MB file.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I am receiving an error when trying to install a theme, It says Error: Unable to connect to url: Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers and Boot Screens @ PreThemer