Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    If themes are ipks I assume you can install them any way that an ipk can be installed. Have you posted in the preware thread the trouble you are having with it? I'm sure we can help you with whatever you need help with. I know occationally when loading feeds in preware the prethemer feed times out or something like that. I'm not sure the exact cause I assume it is because the prethemer server might be getting overloaded at times.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I am running Palm webOS 1.4.5 and WEBQI 3.14 I just installed a new theme using Preware and WEBQI does not recognize it as being installed. It states that "Default" is installed. Also no themes show up under the "Available Themes" menu. I had the same issue with the theme not being recognized before I upgraded to webOS 1.4.5
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    I am running Palm webOS 1.4.5 and WEBQI 3.14 I just installed a new theme using Preware and WEBQI does not recognize it as being installed. It states that "Default" is installed. Also no themes show up under the "Available Themes" menu. I had the same issue with the theme not being recognized before I upgraded to webOS 1.4.5
    I read somewhere that you have to uninstall the theme with the same apps that you used to install the theme.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaicho View Post
    I read somewhere that you have to uninstall the theme with the same apps that you used to install the theme.
    I also read that. However, neither app displays a theme being installed. I finally fixed the problem to get rid of the theme that both Preware and
    WEBQI thought existed. I used the app "Internalz" to delete the "theme.xml" file in the directory "media/crytofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install"
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    When I go to File > Options, nothing happens.

"Or download and install the SDK from palm which includes novacom." Where exacltly would I go to find it?

Thanks for the advice on filecoaster. I am now looking into Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by nfez View Post
    When I go to File > Options, nothing happens.

"Or download and install the SDK from palm which includes novacom." Where exacltly would I go to find it?

Thanks for the advice on filecoaster. I am now looking into Preware.
    If the options dialog doesn't open when you select options from the menu you should download quick install again the file may be slightly corrupted. The SDK can be downloaded at: SDK Download - Palm Developer Center
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quick Install is not recognizing my Palm Pre. I have used Quick Install in the past. I have all the requisite programs such as Novacom loaded and my Pre in in Developer Mode. When I connect my Pre to the computer I choose Just Charge. However, when I launch Quick Install 3.14 and then choose device management, it asks me to connect my device and hit OK. When I do that is gives me and error message saying 'no device connected'. Any thoughts?
    There are a few things you can try. Unplug the device from the pc, reboot the pc and device, plug in USB again and try quick install again. If it still doesn't work you can try different USB ports. If still not working you can try reinstalling novacom through quick install or with the SDK from palm.
    No Theme feed showing any list of themes.
    webOS Quick Install hasn't worked for me since 1.4.5 was installed. I downloaded the latest version of webOS doctor and webOS QI, but when I hit the blue down arrow on QI nothing happens.

Any ideas on how to remedy this? TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    webOS Quick Install hasn't worked for me since 1.4.5 was installed. I downloaded the latest version of webOS doctor and webOS QI, but when I hit the blue down arrow on QI nothing happens.

Any ideas on how to remedy this? TIA!
    I've got a similar but not identical problem; access to feeds and tweaks through WOQI has gradually deteriorated.

Over time, there were more and more error messages.

Just now I'm trying to get my brand new Pre+ into working condition - haven't accessed WOQI since my Pre- "died" while I was abroad on vacation two weeks ago.

Tonight I clicked "Tweaks" 20 times and each time saw either "Error downloading package feed" or "cannot connect to package Feed:...".

I clicked on the blue arrow 20 times as well, and Precentral app gallery feed alway told me "cannot connect..." and "Error: invalid feed url"

The WebOS-Internals feed (Pre) was a bit more adventurous: mostly I received the same two messages, but sometimes there was just a white rectangle, and once it worked, so I could install PreWare and Save/Restore.

Are there any known causes for this behaviour?
    Novacom crashes when I try to install it. Any thoughts as to why?
    hey wassup i need some help, ive been up since 6 trying to get my webos quick install to work. the computer isnt reading my device . i have been over 20 different ideas that were written in the past and obviously thy havent worked for me can i please get some help this is my 4th pre and its getting on my nervous. thanx i would appreciate it if u could give a helping hand
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinb1812 View Post
    Novacom crashes when I try to install it. Any thoughts as to why?
    What is you PC OS and version? What method are you using to install novacom?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I don't know what happened but preware and quickinstall don't see any of my apps i have installed. The last thing I did before this happened was use EPR to get rid of an IPKG issue I was having. Help?
    Run the emergency reconstruction utility from preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    What's up with this/How do I work around it? I installed/reinstalled the latest Java to be sure.

Im getting this error too. Worked last week. Any ideas?
    When i try to add a theme all it says on the right is "loading themes feeds..." and never does anything. Help?
    i don't know what this is about but when i download the preware, & open to install it nothing comes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydenflanders View Post
    i don't know what this is about but when i download the preware, & open to install it nothing comes up.
    I'm not sure I'm understanding the question. Are you saying that when trying to open quick install nothing happens? Or a window comes up but it is blank? Or am I completely off and you are trying to ask something else?