Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    A recent thread by milominderbinder (sp?) suggests otherwise. (Recent, as in, maybe a couple of weeks, ago, I'd say.)

I'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe that explains why there's some confusion - either due to the points in his thread or due to similar concerns, independent of the thread.

Just an FYI.
    There was a minor issue in 2.96, but that was corrected in 3.0/3.01
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Every time I download webosdoctor it doesn't seem to work. after it finishes downloading i get the popup message about would you like to download webos it is 200MB. Keeps repeating itself and won't finish the install.
    You da man!! Who Dat, Dat be Jason Robitaille!! Go Jason and Go SAINTS!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mperkinsky View Post
    Every time I download webosdoctor it doesn't seem to work. after it finishes downloading i get the popup message about would you like to download webos it is 200MB. Keeps repeating itself and won't finish the install.
    I'm no expert but as an FYI, the first thing I did was make a brand new folder, download the latest WosQI then start it up. When it asked about downloading the Doctor, it automatically saved it in that same folder.

It was my way of ensuring that no previous versions of anything might interfere with the new hotness.

After that, it was all good (except that I needed to reboot my Pre and my laptop in order for WosQI to stop trying to install those two lil files - GNU and whatever).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by mperkinsky View Post
    What folder is WebOSQuickInstall.jar in? As you sure you have 3.01?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi Jason,

Is there anywhere to get information on this theme standardization that you are holding themer disabled for?

Thank you,

Robert
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    HELP...

I've downloaded 3.01.

Tools/device management seems to work fine and displays all applications and patches in the correct areas.

When I try to do the Ipkg Repository Viewer, I get the Loading List... but it then seems to hang... with no loading of feeds. I can close the viewer screen.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I just downloaded WOSQI 3.01. Renamed the 2.96 WOSQI, and saved 3.01 in the same folder. All worked just fine.
    3.01 works great here thanks jason for all you do !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    For some reason IE was not downloading the entire .jar file. Only 167KB out of a 1.9MB download. I switched to Google Chrome and the download worked beautifully.

Thought I should post this in case anyone else is having the same problem.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Great work Jason. Out of curiosity do you have a time line for when Themer will be reactivated?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    If you don't mind me asking, why isn't it opensource?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    im not great at this type of stuff but i had the older version and everything works but what do i do to get the new one....do i delete preware and luna off my old phone do i delete webosquick install off my cpu also...i download this new 3.01 and it just open up and seems to be the same 1.9 mb version, do i just reinstall preware or something im confused...sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    v3.0 - February 1, 2010
    - packages no longer install/uninstall if postinst/prerm scripts fail
    Hey there,

Back when version 2.96 was the most current, when folks had problems with patches that had not quite successfully installed or removed in Preware, one of the ways to clear it up was to go into WebOS QI, remove it (with errors expected), and then install it again, after which Preware would then see the patch, and be able to remove it if necessary.

Does the change excerpted in the above quote mean that that workaround/solution will no longer work with WebOS QI 3.0/3.01? If so, just in case anyone runs into that same problem again (while we're still on WebOS 1.3.5.1, I mean), does it make sense to keep QI 2.96 around?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleezy305 View Post
    im not great at this type of stuff but i had the older version and everything works but what do i do to get the new one....do i delete preware and luna off my old phone do i delete webosquick install off my cpu also...i download this new 3.01 and it just open up and seems to be the same 1.9 mb version, do i just reinstall preware or something im confused...sorry
    If you're that unfamiliar with this kind of stuff, you may just want to delete the old version of WebOS Quick Install and the old version of WebOS Doctor, then download this version and start it up. It'll ask if you want to download the Doctor and you can go from there.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    First time install of 3.x was with 3.01. Anyway, when I try to install tweaks, it pops up with the error saying it cannot uninstall an old version or whatever. I have preware installed, and is updated to its latest. I have edited the file .webosinternals.patches.packages and that did not solve the problem.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    For some reason IE was not downloading the entire .jar file. Only 167KB out of a 1.9MB download. I switched to Google Chrome and the download worked beautifully.

Thought I should post this in case anyone else is having the same problem.
    You are dead on about problems downloading in Internet Exploder.

I haven't posted this since the 1.x versions of WOQI, but since people are still having this issue I will say it again:

If you use Firefox, you can specify in your options to prompt the location of where to save your download, AND the name of the file!!!
    (I can't speak to the ease of using Chrome, as I just downloaded it last week.)

When I download a new version, I choose the folder to save in, and I rename the download with the version number. The folder already contains a (very old) version of WebOSDoctor, which means when downloading and running the new WOQI versions, I have NEVER been prompted to download the doctor again. Also, although the WebOSDoctor.jar must be named correctly, WOQI works no matter what you name it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Irish
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Virtual Keyboard Installation = Error Installing: See IPKG Log. This never happened to me before. Why can't I install the virtual Keyboard? Thanks
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cpolism View Post
    Virtual Keyboard Installation = Error Installing: See IPKG Log. This never happened to me before. Why can't I install the virtual Keyboard? Thanks
    I have been having this same issue for a couple weeks now was hooing that this update would fix that... But was mostky waiting fir the WebOS update 1.4 promised earlt this month! Holding my breath :-O
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    How come when I connect my pre to webos quick install it go offline for a few seconds?