Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    i managed to get it working after like an hour of reading through this thread and a few others
    mind telling us what you did?

I just got a refurb Pre and cant get WOSQI working. Developer mode is enabled(reset and did it a second time), uninstalled and reinstalled nova, tried different USB ports,... everything people have suggested and still cant get it working.

****ing frustrating.
    This is my first foray. I turned developer mode on on my Sprint Palm Pre, which seemed to be OK. I have confirmed I have Java 6 update 21 running. My computer is running Widows XP 5.1. I downloaded the .jar file and installed it in Programs\Palm. I right click on the file and attempt to open with Java SE Binary. I repeatedly get the error message Invalid or Corrupt jarfile C:\Program Files\Palm\.... I've confirmed the association between .jar files and java. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I've ried to replicate my steps, but ooops I can't find the link to the quickinstall (3.14?) program. Am I missing something?
    It won't work! I'll explain everything, I download it. When i do theres a box that comes up, it comes up & then at the bottom theres two boxes you click, like yes install or no. but nothings on them. i clicked one of em & it started to install. it said finished installing & then said processing wait a few moments then i waited, looked back & it was just gone. i tried this multiple times & even checked my menu on my computer. what did i do wrong?! ):
    I had this working for a brief moment, but it's stopped. I cannot get past the No device found error. I've done everything in this list 3 times... Reset, powered off/on, rebooted pc, reinstalled novacom, dev mode toggled, charge only, different usb ports, restarted novacom service, reinstalled everything... Soooo, anyone have ANY ideas? I have a newer palm pixi running 1.4.1.1 software. Like I said, this WAS working, I went on to install the SDK, etc for mytether, came back to this step and found it inoperable....... Thanks in advance!

I'm getting "ERROR: No device found."
    Common error. Two main reasons this could occur:
    Mis-matched your choice of device. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. If your target is the WebOS emulator on your computer, choose "Emulator"; if your target is a real device, like a Palm Pre, choose "USB Device".
    Your device and/or computer are not configured correctly. WebOS Quick Install depends on both your device being ready for the connection as well as your computer being ready for the connection.
    Novacom needs to be installed on your computer. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. Click the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
    Alternatively, Windows users can manually install Novacom via this method.
    Linux users can download Novacom here. Read this guide if your Linux distribution doesn't use Debian files.
    A computer restart is highly recommended.
    Windows users can verify Novacom is running by going StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" and looking for a "Palm Novacom" entry and making sure it's started.
    Bad USB Connection
    It's recommended to plug in your device into a main USB port that outputs power
    Some people have reported devices, like Canon printers, interfering with a Novacom-based connection
    It's highly recommended to use an OEM USB cable, as some eBay ones have been reported to prevent a Novacom-based connection
    WebOS device needs to have DevMode.
    This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature. Don't worry, the reset won't wipe any data.
    Some circumstances can cause the the toggle to show as enabled even when its disabled. To solve this problem, disable it then re-enable it.
    Some people report OTA updates reset DevMode. Keep that in mind when updating.
    Novacom Connection Issue
    Rare, but not unheard of. Restarting the service (or your computer) will fix this
    On Windows, go StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" and look for a "Palm Novacom" entry. Right click it and choose "Restart"
    Wrong Java Installation
    Some people have reported that installing 32bit Java on 64bit computer, and vice versa, can cause issues when running WebOS Quick Install
    When you plugin your device, choose "Just Charge"
    Is dev mode on? Outside of that maybe try a different USB cable or PC or both. Not sure if there is anything else missing.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    It's definitely in dev mode. It was working with the cable that I have right now in the same USB port.
    I just reinstalled everything from scratch. Same behavior. WebOS Quick Install does not see my Pixi. I'm even using a palm USB cable...
    Honestly when it boils down to every known cause of the connection problem not correcting it I'm clueless as to how to fix it. Only other thing I just got clued in on is USB pass through can cause problems with USB connection. I have no idea what the USB pass through is so I can't provide any help on that front without looking into what it is etc.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I have an error in device manager for "novacom". I saw someone say, point the driver update to c:/program files/palm/novacom, etc. That doesn't work...
    Has anyone else had a problem trying to access the Themer option within Quick Install? With the newer version, when I go to load the theme library, the app just lags and never shows the list. I have to use older versions of Quick Install to remove wallpapers.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Has anyone else had a problem trying to access the Themer option within Quick Install? With the newer version, when I go to load the theme library, the app just lags and never shows the list. I have to use older versions of Quick Install to remove wallpapers.
    I've been trying to go back to default for over 2 hours in preparation for 1.5. When I saw this post, I used an older version of WOSQI and it worked! So, THANK YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by strukt99 View Post
    I've been trying to go back to default for over 2 hours in preparation for 1.5. When I saw this post, I used an older version of WOSQI and it worked! So, THANK YOU!

Your welcome. I'm glad my post offered up some helpful details. I should also get ready to default my theme for the WebOS verion 1.5. I hope it comes out soon.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

1.5? Sprint hasn't even released 1.4.5 yet.
    Uhh, some how I manage to break the blue button on WebOS quick install. Everytime I click it, the thing won't work. Ugh. Help, please?
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Uhh, some how I manage to break the blue button on WebOS quick install. Everytime I click it, the thing won't work. Ugh. Help, please?
    I have the same problem - the blue arrow does nothing ever since I upgraded to 3.14. Anyone have an older version?
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    1.5? Sprint hasn't even released 1.4.5 yet.
    It appears as I was posting this this 1.4.5 release was happening as I see posts of people who are getting the update. I'll have to check with mine later on after I get some things done on my pre.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quick question: Is the 1.4.5 Dr out yet? I'm assuming (always a bad idea) that we'll need it to use WOSQI on 1.4.5 Pres.
    Ok. Ignore that. I just found it, right where it always is...
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Blue arrow not working for me either on 3.14.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Late last night, 1.4.5 notice came and I was going to install it later after I removed my few patches and theme. For whatever reason (I think I log out of WOSQI) and the phone started to upgrade!...Well, after loading the latest, WOSQI then upgraded all the patches. However, the theme was gone but left the icons from the theme.

Well, I tried to remove the theme...and no "revert back to default". This is the same situation before it inadvertently upgraded. I could not get the "revert back to default" button.

So...I'm at a loss for now....