Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I have copies of v3.12, 3.11, 3.02, 3.01, 3.0 and even some 2.x versions. which one do you need?

Could you please send to trinity@ogame.org? Thanks!! <3
    I am able to run WebOS Quick Install without any issues.

I can browse apps available for installation, and Download/Install them

My problem is that in spite of not getting any errors, the app icons do not show up in the phone.

Another interesting factoid is that the apps DO appear under "Device Management", and I can Uninstall them.

Why are my icons not showing up?

I am running WebOS 1.3.1

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by cachaca View Post

My problem is that in spite of not getting any errors, the app icons do not show up in the phone.

Another interesting factoid is that the apps DO appear under "Device Management", and I can Uninstall them.

I am running WebOS 1.3.1

Thank you
    Do icons appear after installing apps from the app catalog? If no there might be a corrupt file or something to which the repair utility may be able to fix or worse case using the doctor to go back to a factory state. If the answer is yes and if you use preware do icons appear after installing apps from it?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by cachaca View Post

I am running WebOS 1.3.1

Thank you
    What apps are you trying to download? Most apps don't work with 1.3.1, I suggest you update to the newest webos version available.

Pip
    I deleted the GNU and LSDIFF files off of my Pre+ after installing some apps and patches...simply because I didn't know what they were or why they were in the Apps tab when I opened up my Pre in Quick Install's "Devce Management."

Now the application RECOGNIZES that there are patches on the device, but can't delete them; there is just an error message and the device resets.

Is there any way I can get the GNU and LSDIFF files back without doctoring my device?

PS... When I click "About" on my version of webOS Quick Install, it says I'm using Version 1.0...but I know for a fact I downloaded the most current version. Also, Preware doesnt show on the list of webOS internals in the ipkg viewer. Im using OS X...what gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkexxists View Post
    Is there any way I can get the GNU and LSDIFF files back without doctoring my device?

PS... When I click "About" on my version of webOS Quick Install, it says I'm using Version 1.0...but I know for a fact I downloaded the most current version. Also, Preware doesnt show on the list of webOS internals in the ipkg viewer. Im using OS X...what gives?
    GNU patch, LSDIFF and preware should all be in one of the webos-internal feeds. If not able to locate them in the feed you can uninstall preware and use the standalone installer: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals which I think by default those packages are installed.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    WOSQI does not recognize my device. I have restarted the Pre (sprint), deleted and re-downloaded WOSQI, attempted to re-download Novacom numerous times and nothing is working. I try device managment and the program does not recognize my Pre. It works fine in USB Drive. Any ideas?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    WOSQI does not recognize my device. I have restarted the Pre (sprint), deleted and re-downloaded WOSQI, attempted to re-download Novacom numerous times and nothing is working. I try device managment and the program does not recognize my Pre. It works fine in USB Drive. Any ideas?
    64bit or 32bit java? and did you install novacom from quick install or as a result of installing the SDK? You may want to do the SDK install if you tried the other. 64bit java seems to be buggy for some people so if you have it remove it and go to 32bit java. That's about all I can think of to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    One quick question to ensure all avenues are touched. Is your Pre in Developer mode?
    I have WOSQI v. 3.14 and I'm getting and error message anytime I try to use the Loader option of Themer. I'd like to load a .zip file of my favorite theme but w/ a few altered images, but I can't get to the screen. Could someone please help? Thanks in advance.
    I have WOSQI v. 3.14 and I'm getting and error message anytime I try to use the Loader option of Themer. I'd like to load a .zip file of my favorite theme but w/ a few altered images, but I can't get to the screen. Could someone please help? Thanks in advance.
    I decided to try a few patches, and WOSQI told me I needed to install the GNU patch and lsdiff. I said yes. the GNU patch installed fine, but I got an error saying that lsdiff could not be found.

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.lsdiff (arch_priority=o flag=16 want=2)
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.lsdiff.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg.update'
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I restarted phone, computer, then phone and computer, and got the same issue. I tried to select it from the WOSQI download menu separately as well. lsdiff shows it's downloading, then it appears in the install queue, but almost times out when trying to connect to my device. This is really odd because anything ELSE I install, either before or with lsdiff in the queue, goes in without issue. I suppose I am doing something wrong but don't know what it is. Maybe I am not supposed to patch till after 1.4.5 is released? hehe
    Thanks in advance.
    I am having issues with getting the themes to work. Every time I go to themer, it gives a screen and I cannot load any themes. It says current theme and available themes. I have downloaded a theme I want to add, but drag and drop doesn't work. It just keeps saying loading available themes. Help please!
    I tried to install the WebOS Quick Install from the instructions posted.

First of all, the instructions do not quite reflect reality. Some setup options were in different places and the software has been moved.
    Once installed I was unable to install any Apps on my Pre. The USB transfer failed with some message that I neglected to write down. Something about a bad block or a full memory. Thats one issue but it is not what this post is about.

I did this at work and my PC suddenly stopped displaying images in Outlook 2010 after going though the installation. Instead it would show a little red X. I didn't make the connection to WebOS Quick Install until I tried installing it on my home PC. Now its Outlook 2010 won't display pictures either. I've un-installed Java and Novacom but Outlook is still messed up.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

just wanted to add one more THANKS! for all your time and work

--DJ Michael Parker
    TheRipcord-Houston,TX
    www.DJMichaelParker.com
  16. c9
    Thanks for all of your hard work on making the WebOS experience a whole lot better!
    Last edited by c9; 08/02/2010 at 02:00 PM.
    I have a question : installed Quick Install 3.14 and everything looked fine. Then I downloaded Calc12c. When I try to launch the app, there is no progress past the flashing startup icon. Did I miss something during installation ? I have WebOS 1.4.5.
    im having some problems.when i put it on just charging it says no device detected but when i put it on usb mode it will recognize the device but i will be unable to install anything.and if i go to tweaks it tells me to download these 2 things which i already have downloaded and if i try to download them when it asks me to it gets a error to.dev mode is enabled also
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    im having some problems.when i put it on just charging it says no device detected but when i put it on usb mode it will recognize the device but i will be unable to install anything.and if i go to tweaks it tells me to download these 2 things which i already have downloaded and if i try to download them when it asks me to it gets a error to.dev mode is enabled also
    I'm going to try my best to be of help but the lack of specific details leaves me guessing certain things. Do you get the prompt to choose just charge or drive mode when connecting to the PC? Are you using the USB cable that came with the device or a 3rd party or generic USB? Some USB cables may be incompatible or could have become faulty. If you have other USB cables you could try them. Do you have other PCs or USB ports you can try connecting with? Also make sure you have the latest version of quick install. If still not working unplug the USB from both the PC and device, reboot the PC, and turn dev mode off reboot and then back on and reboot again. Then try connecting the USB to the PC and device.

The two things it asks you to install I'm guessing is any of these: diffstat, GNU patch, lsdiff. If they failed to install properly patches won't be installed. If you also use preware you can make sure those packages are installed by going to installed packages > linux applications, and might as well check that it is up to date as well. If you don't have preware we will need the connection issue resolved to verify the packages properly install.
    i managed to get it working after like an hour of reading through this thread and a few others