Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    ill brb on this pg i hav to restart my computer again.... i h8 my comp
    ok im back now i still cant figure out this problem...
    i just restarted and reopened webOS QI and hit blue arrow and still froze...
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Reboot the phone then try Preware again. If it still doesn't work, try searching the forums or go to Main Page - WebOS Internals for more help.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTAB333 View Post
    I have downloaded everything step by freaking step and when i click on the blue arrow to download the "package manager service" before downloading preware....package manager service is nowhere to be found. Can someone please help me??!?!?! i tried to go straight to preware and download it and that doesnt work will not give me "available patches" please help!
    Please follow these instructions http://install.preware.org
    Hey Jason -- got a feature request for you. any way to change the send/receive file options to allow for wildcards or to accept multiple files? the one-file thing is nice and all, but I would LOVE it if i could get a bunch at a time (to a single directory, of course)

Also, did you see my second request about a patch for Photo Effects -- http://forums.precentral.net/2551332-post27.html -- as I mention there, I am willing to put up a few more dollars for you if you can do that.

thanks again!
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    For all people having issues on Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit) I just found another solution (sorry if it has been posted before):

As a Windows 7 user you can download "XP Mode" for free here:

Download Windows XP Mode

That basically gives you a small Windows running XP inside Windows 7. Inside this XP Window, install Java and webOSQI. Install Novacom by running the Doctor once. Connect your device.

In the upper part of the XP Mode you'll see a menu with an "USB" entry. Click that and select "Pre". The device is now available to XP Mode and it should detect it as Novacom device. After the driver installation is done (this take like a minute, be patient) XP should prompt you to restart. After rebooting XP, click "USB" and "Pre" again and QI should work.

This is how i got it working on Windows 7 64-bit. Hope it helps.
    everytime i try to download a theme, it says..

help??
    Ok so I was going to look up a new kernel on webosQI and got it all running ok but when I hit the blue down arrow nothing happens. I'm on DEV mode webosQI see's my pre and everything els works but the blue arrow. Can anyone help with this. Thanks!
    How is your net connection? It has to get the feeds from the internet.

One of my friends cannot get Preware, at all because she only has dial-up available, where she lives and it is so slow that WebOS QI can't get the feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post

One of my friends cannot get Preware, at all because she only has dial-up available, where she lives and it is so slow that WebOS QI can't get the feeds.
    Tell her to use the standalone installer http://install.preware.org
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrazy88 View Post
    Ok so I was going to look up a new kernel on webosQI and got it all running ok but when I hit the blue down arrow nothing happens. I'm on DEV mode webosQI see's my pre and everything els works but the blue arrow. Can anyone help with this. Thanks!
    What kernel are you installing? If it is a webos-internals custom kernel then you should use Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post

Cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    What kernel are you installing? If it is a webos-internals custom kernel then you should use Preware.
    Well I was going to check out the F105 kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssseth View Post
    New Pre owner here (with Bell, p100eww). Great forum, I'm learning a lot!

I'm having a problem with WebOS Quick Install though. I'd done my due diligence and searches, actually I've seen this question asked twice in this thread now with no response I could find. When I click on the down arrow on the side to try and get a list of applications I get the following errors.

"Error downloading package feed"

then I click OK and get another error,

"ERROR: Invalid feed url."

Here is a screen shot of them:

After clicking OK the second time, the feed box at the top is grayed out so I can't change the selection. Under Tools I tried the Themer and it never loads anything either. I can read my device though when I go to Tools > Device Management so I know it's being picked up by the tool.

I'm using the most current version of Java (1.6+0_21) and have followed the installation instructions to a tee. I tried a really old version (the only one I could find was 2.03) and it at least loaded up a few feeds, but I'm sure they are probably way out of date.

Does anyone have a link to a more recent version like 3.0 I can try. Better if yet, any ideas what's wrong and what I can do to fix it?
    If no one has any suggestions. Can someone please at least PM me a link to a slighter older version or two I can try?
    pip_smith Thanks, I'll let her know. It's been driving her crazy not being able to get Preware!
    i do all of the steps but when i try to install it says that it cant find my device??
    Had this happen to me yesterday. I reinstalled the novacom drivers via the options (though my connection with WOQI worked flawlessly) and worked afterwards.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    I haven't got it working yet but I have all the feeds in preware now so I'm good for now so thanks every one for your help and I'll keep trying to get tit to work.
    Does anyone know what the feed URL is for the "PreCentral App Gallery Feed"? I want to check my connection to the feed. Although I can get the website, perhaps it's being blocked by my work's web filters for some reason. Especially if it's a different URL or port then PreCentral.

PS - still looking for an slightly older version or two of the app if anyone can help me out. I've Googled everything I can think of and all the links to download it bring me to this forum where the author has removed the link to download anything but the latest version.