Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBron Lames View Post
    Yeah, and I assure you.. those are NOT the problems in my case.

I did however do this on a Win XP device today, and everything worked smoothly. There has to be a problem with Win 7.
    I suspect it's more specific than that. I have win7 64bit on my PC and win7 32bit on my netbook. I connect via USB to do all sorts of stuff from using quick install to command line stuff development related. I know I had problems with 64bit java and I have to use the 32bit java on win7 64bit. Not sure if it is a factor but something to look into. It could also be some weird hardware thing. Though rare I know of a general issue of some USB controllers not liking certain connected devices. Kind of like an incompatibility but not. Which is why a common trouble shoot is to use a different USB port with PCs that have front and back or multiple USB controllers. In the end it's all a long process of elimination. There seems to be a handful that there is nothing known left to eliminate.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I can't get themes with this version of WebOS.. is there somewhere I can download an old version? Themes are the main reason I downloaded this program.
    I have a major problem.I can't even get webOS quick install to launch. All it does is flash a cmd screen and then nothing. The flash is less than half a second. I have win 7 32bit, have downloaded and reinstalled the newest java several times, already have webOSdoctor, and cant think of anything else to do. I have also gone over the troubleshooting guide several times, and nothing has helped.
    When attempting to open Web-OS Install so I can install additional tweaks and Homebrew Applications, I am receiving the following error:

Error. An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Check md5sum in/usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore - R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored--see webos- patches for more details.

I have no idea what this means or how to resolve the issue. Can anyone provide some guidance so I can install additional tweaks and Home Brew applications? I started having this issue after one of the Palm Pre software updates, which actually occurred several months ago.

Please advise!

Thank you,
    IBJAHMON
    One more piece of info which may be helpful...I get the following pop-up message preceeding the error noted in previous post:

It appears your device's version of WebOS has recently been updated. WebOS Quick Install needs to transition patches to the new version. Would you like to do that now?

If I select Yes, I get the error message. If I select no/cancel, I go pack to the WebOS Quick Install main window.
    Are you using the newest version of WOSQI?
    New Pre owner here (with Bell, p100eww). Great forum, I'm learning a lot!

I'm having a problem with WebOS Quick Install though. I'd done my due diligence and searches, actually I've seen this question asked twice in this thread now with no response I could find. When I click on the down arrow on the side to try and get a list of applications I get the following errors.

"Error downloading package feed"

then I click OK and get another error,

"ERROR: Invalid feed url."

Here is a screen shot of them:

After clicking OK the second time, the feed box at the top is grayed out so I can't change the selection. Under Tools I tried the Themer and it never loads anything either. I can read my device though when I go to Tools > Device Management so I know it's being picked up by the tool.

I'm using the most current version of Java (1.6+0_21) and have followed the installation instructions to a tee. I tried a really old version (the only one I could find was 2.03) and it at least loaded up a few feeds, but I'm sure they are probably way out of date.

Does anyone have a link to a more recent version like 3.0 I can try. Better yet, any ideas what's wrong and what I can do to fix it?
    Last edited by Ssseth; 07/16/2010 at 05:04 PM.
    Version 3.02. It appears the issue is that the Web OS Install app cannot UNINSTALL the "org.webinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact" patch. Any suggestions?
    I have no problem install applications. I just can't get past the above error to install Tweaks.
    Quick update, I reinstalled Novacom drivers from the Preware standalone package and now the box is no longer grayed out. So I can select WebOS-internals feeds but not the PreCentral App Gallery Feed.

The trial and error continues.
    I have downloaded everything step by freaking step and when i click on the blue arrow to download the "package manager service" before downloading preware....package manager service is nowhere to be found. Can someone please help me??!?!?! i tried to go straight to preware and download it and that doesnt work will not give me "available patches" please help!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I believe the latest version of Preware (V1.1.4) has the package manager service integrated into it so there is no separate download. Make sure the feeds for patches are enabled under Manage Feeds and try refreshing the feeds.
    sorry im pretty new to web os, where is manage feeds?
    feeds are not coming through i found what you were talking about but getting error command fail on everything.....
    Ok i install WebOS QI and WebOS doctor and novacom, put my Pixi into dev Mode and connect to comp clicking just charge... and anytime i use webOS QI it freezes and i click one thing and i hav to end and restart... wont pull up lists or anything. i click the down blue arrow and it freezes. i click the themer and it freezes... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
    Quote Originally Posted by Kert18 View Post
    Ok i install WebOS QI and WebOS doctor and novacom, put my Pixi into dev Mode and connect to comp clicking just charge... and anytime i use webOS QI it freezes and i click one thing and i hav to end and restart... wont pull up lists or anything. i click the down blue arrow and it freezes. i click the themer and it freezes... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
    Check you have the latest java?
    Yeah i hav the latest java
    Quote Originally Posted by Kert18 View Post
    Yeah i hav the latest java
    What OS is your computer on?
    Windows XP
    and just a little side note i cant get on pg 55 on this forum for some reason