Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    epic, thanks!! homebrews here i come!
    My webos quick install v 3.14 isnt working i can open it but when i try and go into options it wont open it. I have a theme open on the program but i try and install it and nothing happens... any help? oh and i cant install novacom i cant find it and the option thing wont open so i cant install it that way.
    Problems
    -Touch screen on Pre doesn't work.
    -I can Only access Pre via usb & Webos Quick install.
    -Can I use the Quick Install 'Recieve A File' to retrieve my files from the damaged pre? What do I input in 'file' or 'destination folder'?
    Quote Originally Posted by mailmmm View Post
    Problems
    -Touch screen on Pre doesn't work.
    -I can Only access Pre via usb & Webos Quick install.
    -Can I use the Quick Install 'Recieve A File' to retrieve my files from the damaged pre? What do I input in 'file' or 'destination folder'?
    You could but you would need to know the name and directory for each file you have to copy and probably far too tedious to do so depending on how many files. An easier way to go would be to find out if there is way to go into drive mode without the use of the screen. Or access the devices file system over SSH or other older root accessing linux on the device. Any of these methods would allow you the level of access needed to copy data off the device. Most of the older methods of accessing linux allowed for using winSCP or similar GUI file browser type app used on the PC to copy files to or from the device. This is probably the best route to go if you don't mind taking the steps to get the ability up and running. Only set back is if you can't get into dev mode I'm not sure if you are out of luck. I know there have been threads/posts in the past with broken screen that asked about how to access the files to get stuff off of the device. I haven't followed those but I'm guessing those may be of more help if my train of thought is insufficient.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I've seen the question asked several places, but I haven't seen an answer (sorry if there is one)

When I edit the .msi, the only file I see is:

installumdfxp.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34

(the same as mentioned, only with xp on the end for some reason)

I deleted that, and the install didn't work (when I look at services and try to start Palm Novacom, it gives the infamous "Error 1067")

I have no clue what my next step should be, any ideas?

--Windows 7, 32 Bit
    --Sprint Palm Pre
    Last edited by strat1227; 07/10/2010 at 02:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    problem:

i have all the requirements (webOS doctor installed, current java, developer mode enable, and novacom).. i have the current webOS quickinstall running and when i go to webOS internals (all) there is no "preware" present.. there's a "preware" available for download in the webOS internals (emulator) but theres an error message when trying to install that one..

ive installed preware before without much problem and this is the !
    1st time i've ever seen "preware" not available for download under webOS internals (all).. am i missing something?..
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwan3k View Post
    problem:

i have all the requirements (webOS doctor installed, current java, developer mode enable, and novacom).. i have the current webOS quickinstall running and when i go to webOS internals (all) there is no "preware" present.. there's a "preware" available for download in the webOS internals (emulator) but theres an error message when trying to install that one..

ive installed preware before without much problem and this is the !
    1st time i've ever seen "preware" not available for download under webOS internals (all).. am i missing something?..
    Please see http://install.preware.org and check what feed is needed.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strat1227 View Post
    Hey guys, I've seen the question asked several places, but I haven't seen an answer (sorry if there is one)

When I edit the .msi, the only file I see is:

installumdfxp.08B8BE2B_9174_49D1_84B0_40324FD7DE34

(the same as mentioned, only with xp on the end for some reason)

I deleted that, and the install didn't work (when I look at services and try to start Palm Novacom, it gives the infamous "Error 1067")

I have no clue what my next step should be, any ideas?

--Windows 7, 32 Bit
    --Sprint Palm Pre
    scratch that, good old Windows OS, I reset my comp and it works fine and dandy <_<

(I'm typically a Linux person, for some reason I thought this would be easier on 7)
    Ok well ive downloaded everything again. put my pre in developer mode but still nothing my quick install isnt working. Any way i can install preware on my phone another way?
    Cancel that i finnaly got it to work didnt realize i had to have the doctor, quick install and novacom in same file
    im having problems with the themer it just stays stuck and i cant find the load them option am i doing something wrong
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problems with themeing as some of the others here.

I am running WOSQI 3.14. The Themer tools seems to think I do not have a theme installed - the "Revert to Default" button is grayed out. Also the theme feed doesn't seem to be working properly. The categories load fine in the pull down list but the list (check boxes) doesn't do anything - it just reads "Loading themes feeds..."

Oh well - back to v2.96 I guess.
    Last edited by solarus; 07/12/2010 at 12:09 PM.
    thanks
    should I download it in develepoer mode?
    wow I wish I could figure any of this out
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have read some people are having the "no device found" issue that I am having, but I have not seen a solution. I don't have an XP computer to use this on. Is there a solution that I missed beside XP?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Didn't work. I have Windows 7 and something is wrong. I've tried all the steps in this thread and literally no luck. I'm computer savvy too, so I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'm assuming it has to do with Win 7. I had Preware previously installed on my Pre a few months ago when I had a different computer, but got rid of it for an update.
    Personally I'm stumped when it comes to most reports of no device found and other connectivity problems. I have been using quick install from the beginning to do stuff not available through preware and have used in with my device on most webOS versions including the current 1.4.1.1 and used it on XP, vista, and win7 PCs. The only time I ever had a connection problem wasn't even really a problem I either forgot to turn dev mode on or rebooted the device while connected via USB. Which rebooting both PC and device took care of that blunder.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Personally I'm stumped when it comes to most reports of no device found and other connectivity problems. I have been using quick install from the beginning to do stuff not available through preware and have used in with my device on most webOS versions including the current 1.4.1.1 and used it on XP, vista, and win7 PCs. The only time I ever had a connection problem wasn't even really a problem I either forgot to turn dev mode on or rebooted the device while connected via USB. Which rebooting both PC and device took care of that blunder.
    Yeah, and I assure you.. those are NOT the problems in my case.

I did however do this on a Win XP device today, and everything worked smoothly. There has to be a problem with Win 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I used to reboot both but then on one of the threads read were you can go to RUN command on PC and type "services.msc" and scroll down to novacom then right click on it and select "restart"....it's worked every time for me and saves a bunch of time.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!