Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    I have a vzw pre plus, and have tried numerous times to get webos quick install. It allows me to download it but when I attempt to open it, it simply attempts to open in the dock (I'm using a mac, and yes everything has been updated), but then shuts down w/o any messages. Any advice?
    Jason,
    I tried everything you mentioned in the message. still getting the "No device Found" error. what am I missing. I tried it on Windows XP Professional as well as Windows 7 Professional. Any tips?
    can you please fix the problem with themer
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrishnan View Post
    Jason,
    I tried everything you mentioned in the message. still getting the "No device Found" error. what am I missing. I tried it on Windows XP Professional as well as Windows 7 Professional. Any tips?
    me 2 , going crazy here with win 7 , 64 bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Tried putting it directly in C: and still the same error, and yes, both are in the same location, both just recently downloaded. They worked last time I used them (two months ago).

same here , anyone?
    How can i Uninstall the .jar file and install it again?
    It didnt download all the files..
  7.    #1027  
    Just so everyone know, I've remotely updated the webOSDoctor download urls. The downloader should be all up-to-date with the current released webOSDoctor versions

Quote Originally Posted by ctemtrn View Post
    I have a vzw pre plus, and have tried numerous times to get webos quick install. It allows me to download it but when I attempt to open it, it simply attempts to open in the dock (I'm using a mac, and yes everything has been updated), but then shuts down w/o any messages. Any advice?
    Checklist questions: Is webOSDoctor.jar downloaded in same directory as WebOSQuickInstall.jar? What version of Mac (10.4 cannot run it)? Is Java SE 6 installed and set as the primary JVM for your Mac to use?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmadden8 View Post
    can you please fix the problem with themer
    Specifically? Just tried v3.14 and it loaded Themer with no issues. What's the specific error you're getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidsainz View Post
    How can i Uninstall the .jar file and install it again?
    It didn't download all the files..
    There is no uninstallation, really. Simply the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file and the webOSDoctor.jar file, which should be downloaded to the same folder. If the download gets canceled at any point, there is no cleanup to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    same here , anyone?
    I wanna make this clear for all Window 7 users, the special Windows 7 guide is obsolete. All current webOSDoctor.jar releases have Win7-compatible Novacom drivers.

If Novacom doesn't auto-install on first launch, just go into Options screen and hit the (Re)Install Novacom button. Novacom should be installed. Be sure to reboot computer after installing Novacom.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I wanna make this clear for all Window 7 users, the special Windows 7 guide is obsolete. All current webOSDoctor.jar releases have Win7-compatible Novacom drivers.

If Novacom doesn't auto-install on first launch, just go into Options screen and hit the (Re)Install Novacom button. Novacom should be installed. Be sure to reboot computer after installing Novacom.
    Trust me Jason , I've rebotted the computer and the device more than once , Still tried to run the Jar file and got

So i used command line Java - jar WebOSQuickInstall.jar , and it did popup the WebOSQuickInstall screen.

Why is the win 7 result error and the winxp just ok?

All the things i've tried inculding reinstalling Nova , rebooting , running in circles and praying to god , did not result more than "Device not found" , also i can't use the palm-install command cause no device is found.

BTW all is good in winxp

Using win 7 64 bit , Emulator OK , Data transfer bwtween the computer & device via standart "USB connection is ok".

Thanks

E
  9.    #1029  
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    So i used command line Java - jar WebOSQuickInstall.jar , and it did popup the WebOSQuickInstall screen.

Why is the win 7 result error and the winxp just ok?
    Sounds like either webOSDoctor.jar wasn't found with WebOSQuickInstall.jar at C:\Users\Grant Brown\webOSDoctor.jar or that the copy of webOSDoctor.jar is damaged.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Well,

Its on the same path next to the WebOSQuickInstall.jar and the same files copied to winxp , works.
    maybe it's an issue with the latest java install?
    WebOSquickinstall was easy to install on the Mac and also my older Win XP PC. Make sure you have the correct Java version.
    java version "1.6.0_20"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.3-b01, mixed mode)
    Getting frustrated!!

WEBOS Quick Install does not recognize my pre, I have attempted to re-install novacom, however a black window flashes for a split second showing "trying to start novacom service" and then closes, so it doesn't appear that the install is successful at all

I have tried to go into the programs files/palm inc. and re-install it manually, however the same window flashes
    Make sure your pre is set to Developer Mode.
    I have vista x64, and I had to install the SDK to get WOSQI to run correctly. Try that route.?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by randolphslim View Post
    Make sure your pre is set to Developer Mode.
    if you are refering to me , than yes , the pre is on dev mode , as i said the issue is with win7 , in xp it works ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    I have vista x64, and I had to install the SDK to get WOSQI to run correctly. Try that route.?
    yep
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    What do I do once I have SDK installed? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I need help, WOSQI opens fine but is unresponsive?? I hit options nothing happens I add file and hit install and nothing happens? Can someone tell me why this isnt working at all?