Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    Question.
    When I am installing with WebOS Quick Install, as soon as I heat install the phone is going into Luna restart (i.e display is disparaging and word Palm is blinking). Afterwords it showed that for example patch is installed, but it is not working. Is it normal?
    I get a couple errors when attempting to launch the Ipkg Repository Viewer: "Error downloading package feed" followed by "ERROR: Invalid feed url." Am I doing something wrong? Please help.
    Hello,

I just bought the Palm Pre on ATT and loving it so far! I'm very interested in installing all the different patches and such available from the homebrew scene. The thing is when I download webOS Quick Install I get version 1.0, not the new 3.

I'm running Mac Snow Leopard with java updated. Any ideas?

*EDIT* Seems like it might have something to do with Mac. I downloaded the app using my Windows laptop and I got the right one.
    Last edited by kasm199; 06/22/2010 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasm199 View Post
    Hello,

I just bought the Palm Pre on ATT and loving it so far! I'm very interested in installing all the different patches and such available from the homebrew scene. The thing is when I download webOS Quick Install I get version 1.0, not the new 3.

I'm running Mac Snow Leopard with java updated. Any ideas?

*EDIT* Seems like it might have something to do with Mac. I downloaded the app using my Windows laptop and I got the right one.
    You should use Quick Install to download Preware. That is the easiest way to get the most up to date patches.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by udiaz75 View Post
    I've just downloaded Versino 3.12 and when I try to exectute the jar file, I get an error message:

Java Virtual Machine Launder> Fatak Exception occured. Program will exit.

I've verified that i have the latest version of Java. I am running Win 7 64bit
    I had the same problem, do this and it should work...
    I put Webosquickinstall v3.12 in my C:\users\(computer name) folder and I also put webosdoctor in that same folder(btw at&t users get your webosdoctor from here Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    then I ran command prompt (go to start menu, search for "run", click "run", type in cmd and command prompt will open up)
    In command prompt I typed "java -jar webosquickinstall.jar" and webosquickinstall opens up
    Also folks remember to go to the file menu when webosquickinstall opens up and then select options and then click "attempt novacom (re)installation". Make sure the setting Device to Use is USB Device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It's now available

Note: you may need to clear browser cache before downloading.
    After downloading, be sure to go Help->About to make sure you have v3.0
    im trying to put a new theme onto my pre, i removed my old theme because i tired of it and now im trying something new... but in the WebOs Quick install themer thing it wont load the themes it will just constantly say "loading Theme Feeds" ... why is that?

please help
    im trying to put a new theme onto my pre, i removed my old theme because i tired of it and now im trying something new... but in the WebOs Quick install themer thing it wont load the themes it will just constantly say "loading Theme Feeds" ... why is that?

please help

Can anyone help me with this error?
  9.    #1009  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Monroe View Post
    Should only take 10seconds maximum to load themes. Be sure you're using WOSQI 3.14 and have an active internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombugy View Post
    http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1852/imagedwg.png
    Can anyone help me with this error?
    Yea, that's a bit of an oversight on my part and will be fixed in an upcoming build. That's an issue where arch.conf isn't setup. One workaround is to simply go into the Tweak section, wait for it to load, then close Tweaks section. Installing should now work. (going into the Tweaks section auto-configures arch.conf)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    What's up with this/How do I work around it? I installed/reinstalled the latest Java to be sure.

Ive tried your trouble shooting guide cant find anything there relating to my problem, im not sure about the ghz thing and i have a palm pre, my problem is that when i try to use webosquickinstall (the most recent version i think) and when i try to put something on including preware it says to check the spelling or run an ipkg update, any ideas on this? I also looked above on this thread page and saw the error message someone else was getting posted by doombugy i think it was, I tried your solution but still got the error message
    Last edited by manordwall; 06/27/2010 at 07:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    What's up with this/How do I work around it? I installed/reinstalled the latest Java to be sure.

I'm guessing the WebOS Quick Install is having an issue with the space in the path. Try moving WebOS Quick Install and WebOSDoctor.jar to a different directory without spaces.

Or...

Are you sure you have downloaded WebOSDoctor and it's in the same directory as WebOS Quick Install?
    Tried putting it directly in C: and still the same error, and yes, both are in the same location, both just recently downloaded. They worked last time I used them (two months ago).
    I want to load a Modern warfare 2 theme to my palm pre that came from prethemer but when i load the themer on Webos Quick install it gives this error "Cannot connect to package feed: HTTP://www.prethemer.com/feeds/preware/themes/Packages and to top it all of pre themer says i can install themes using preware and theres no option to do so please help me. so i only see home brew themes and not pre themer and i have no idea how to manually install a theme Please help me
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, that's a bit of an oversight on my part and will be fixed in an upcoming build. That's an issue where arch.conf isn't setup. One workaround is to simply go into the Tweak section, wait for it to load, then close Tweaks section. Installing should now work. (going into the Tweaks section auto-configures arch.conf)
    I'm still having the same problem. Everything was working fine before I doctored my phone with the preware app still on it. You said it would be fixed in the next build. Any clue when that will be released? Also, would the fact that I doctored make a difference whether or not quick install would work?
    Last edited by Doombugy; 06/29/2010 at 03:43 PM.
    "file format not supported" when trying to download WebOSquickinstall, what am I doing wrong?
    Y is the prethemer feed not working???
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    The Ipkg Repository Viewer is not displaying anything. First time this has happened to me. Anyone know what could be causing this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm trying to uninstall the old 720MHzOS14.sh and I can't find the linux command line? Has it been removed now?
    I'm having the same problem, How do I install Novacom on windows 7?
    I tried that link in:Novacom with Windows 7 - WebOS Internals
    and renamed it to a .zip file, opened the zip file but couldn't find the "archive" to extract"
    Any info on how to properly instal Novacom on window 7 would be great.
    Thanks