Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    First turn the theme feeds on in preware and see if it recognises your theme in preware.
    if not then go to preware, list of everything and type emergency reconsyruction utility. Install and see if that solves your apps and theme problem.
    I ran emergency reconstruction and Preware does see my theme, but not WebOSQI. Preware is not the problem it is WebOSQI. Under Theme Settings it displays Default Palm and under Available Themes nothing is displayed.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    I ran emergency reconstruction and Preware does see my theme, but not WebOSQI. Preware is not the problem it is WebOSQI. Under Theme Settings it displays Default Palm and under Available Themes nothing is displayed.
    Ah right, so you were just reporting the theme feeds are not working right to Jason R? Or did you need any help?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Ah right, so you were just reporting the theme feeds are not working right to Jason R? Or did you need any help?
    Hey, I welcome any help or advice. Jason is probably to busy
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    Hey, I welcome any help or advice. Jason is probably to busy
    Well I think the reason wosqi says you have the default theme installed is because the theme feeds are not finding any packages, so therefore wosqi has nothing to compare and match your theme to, so as it does not find a custom theme it just assumes you have default.
    As for getting the theme feeds working I'm not really sure as I don't play with those often.
    I'm tired and irritated so don't tell me to search because i have been.

So i am trying to install a theme (ink) on a verizon Pre Plus OS1.4.11 and i tried following the instructions on the theme gallery but aparantly thats an old WOSQI because themer has a different setup. i just give a theme list and wont let me find the theme i already d/led. So instead i picked my theme in the list and pushed load and it ssaid downloading and loading theme and then nothing and i cant disconnect the damn phone now because windows says something is using it. ***!
    For the disconnecting part, right click on Pre after you click on your computer's version of safe removal. The pop-up menu should have an "Eject" option. Click on that and you should be able to safely remove your Pre.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    I plug my phone in to the USB port and choose the "just charge" option and then when I try to do anything I get the "Please connect your device then hit OK" message followed by the "ERROR: no device detected" message. Try to reinstall novacmd but get nothing. Even tried using the virtual XP but still have the same problem.
    I get the same error. Im using winxp. I had woqi working once. I needed to make a phone call and unpluuged it from the computer. 20 minutes later I plug it back in and get this error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I get the same error. Im using winxp. I had woqi working once. I needed to make a phone call and unpluuged it from the computer. 20 minutes later I plug it back in and get this error message.
    Plug your phone in, go to services and check novacom is running, if not manually start it. Also check the palm service is running and has not stopped itself.
    Hi - I have previously had no problems getting Quick Install to work. Did it before, no problems. I had to have my Pre+ (Verizon) replaced today due to my earpiece breaking.

I'm trying to re-install Preware, and when I try to install over QuickInstall, I get an error that says "Error 1: Connection Refused."

Any ideas? Help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
    M
    Did you enable Developer Mode? Konami code or type webos20090606 into the universal search. Dev Mode Enabler app will pop up.
    Quote Originally Posted by townley.matt View Post
    Hi - I have previously had no problems getting Quick Install to work. Did it before, no problems. I had to have my Pre+ (Verizon) replaced today due to my earpiece breaking.

I'm trying to re-install Preware, and when I try to install over QuickInstall, I get an error that says "Error 1: Connection Refused."

Any ideas? Help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
    M
    What webos version are you running? Dev mode on?
    WebOS 1.4.1.1. Yes, DevMode on.
    Plug your phone in, go to services and check novacom is running, if not manually start it. Also check the palm service is running and has not stopped itself.
    How do I check services?
    WOSQI isn't recognizing any applications or patches I have installed on my Pre. Novacom is running properly and I can install packages but it is not detecting any of them to remove in device management. Any ideas as to why? Sprint Pre, 1.4.1.1, WOSQI 3.14 Thanks.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    WOSQI isn't recognizing any applications or patches I have installed on my Pre. Novacom is running properly and I can install packages but it is not detecting any of them to remove in device management. Any ideas as to why? Sprint Pre, 1.4.1.1, WOSQI 3.14 Thanks.
    Are you connected to the internet, wosqi needs internet to recognise the apps and patches.
    Are you connected to the internet, wosqi needs internet to recognise the apps and patches.
    Yes, I was connected to the internet. I posted from the same computer at the time I was having the problems.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    How do I check services?
    On your PC keyboard, hold down Windows Key and press R. The Run window should pop up. Type services.msc and hit Enter. Look for Palm Novacom in the list of services to see if it's running. You can try stopping and then starting it.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Hey Jason,

Do you think with later versions of Quick Install, that you could add a feature that will let us highlight the different patches that we want installed from the "Tweaks" list; so that we don't have to install each patch 1 at a time? That would be a nice feature.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Im still stuck in the webOS doctor loop... been at it all day.. dont know what to do.
    mac 10.5, webos 1.4.1 java 1.6 etc...

any ideas?

thanks
    s0nguy
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I just donated to WebOS Quick Install because it has always been a helpful program, but I just switched to the HTC EVO 4G and Sprint told me they could not move my contacts from my Palm profile to the new phone, ***! :-(

Thanks to Jason's great program and Xybyresoft's great program I was able to save my palm profile database and then extract my contacts into a CSV that I then Imported into GMail and VIOLA!.
    I have all my contacts on my new phone, "No Thanks to Sprint".

Thanks again guys..

P.S. I love my Palm Pre and WebOS, but my Pre was dying and Palm's future seems blurry right now.