Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Now that I think about it, I'm not sure where WebosQI got installed! I've tried to search under webos quick install and webos doctor but so far nothing. Will it effect it if I only opened the file for WebosQI because I did not save it when I first set it up... What happened was I opened the file for WebosQI, and I didn't save the jar file the first time... so perhaps it went to the temp folder?
    I've just downloaded Versino 3.12 and when I try to exectute the jar file, I get an error message:

Java Virtual Machine Launder> Fatak Exception occured. Program will exit.

I've verified that i have the latest version of Java. I am running Win 7 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by el_stroke View Post
    Now that I think about it, I'm not sure where WebosQI got installed! I've tried to search under webos quick install and webos doctor but so far nothing. Will it effect it if I only opened the file for WebosQI because I did not save it when I first set it up... What happened was I opened the file for WebosQI, and I didn't save the jar file the first time... so perhaps it went to the temp folder?
    You will need to save it to a location, for example I have a folder on my desktop with all things webOS related. Clicking open from the prompt you get when clicking a browser link saves the file to a random temp folder and likely gets deleted shortly after if you have anything that does temp file cleanup. Generally it is a bad idea to run anything by clicking open after clicking a link. You can always delete a file after if you have no reason to keep it. But in this case you probably want to keep webos quick install.

Quote Originally Posted by udiaz75 View Post
    I've just downloaded Versino 3.12 and when I try to exectute the jar file, I get an error message:

Java Virtual Machine Launder> Fatak Exception occured. Program will exit.

I've verified that i have the latest version of Java. I am running Win 7 64bit
    Have you uninstalled and reinstalled java, i have win7 64bit as well and never seen this happen before on mine. There are also two versions of java 32bit and 64bit. For some reason I can't get the 64bit to install on mine so I am stuck with 32bit, I have no idea if that matters but it is worth checking to see if it is the cause.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Thanks! I think that is what happened. I just opened the file when I first did and I didn't save it. Still, I don't understand why I don't have that much memory anymore on my computer if supposedly it got deleted. I tried to search for webdoctor and I can't find anything. Nova command did install and it is still there so I don't know why webdoctor didn't save since it did say "in order for webos quick install to run properly... webos doctor needs to be installed" and I clicked yes. So this is why I don't understand why I would need to reinstall webdoctor. I will try one more time to see if I can find it or just do the whole thing again.

Last question: The theme feeds are not available with this webosqi, and I read somewhere that you will need to run version 2.96 to download the themes feed? Is this true?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    the themer is not working for me....
    says cant find website
    Quote Originally Posted by Budotao View Post
    the themer is not working for me....
    says cant find website
    Install preware from the webos internals (pre) feed and install themes from there. Its a lot easier to manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by el_stroke View Post
    Thanks! I think that is what happened. I just opened the file when I first did and I didn't save it. Still, I don't understand why I don't have that much memory anymore on my computer if supposedly it got deleted. I tried to search for webdoctor and I can't find anything. Nova command did install and it is still there so I don't know why webdoctor didn't save since it did say "in order for webos quick install to run properly... webos doctor needs to be installed" and I clicked yes. So this is why I don't understand why I would need to reinstall webdoctor. I will try one more time to see if I can find it or just do the whole thing again.

Last question: The theme feeds are not available with this webosqi, and I read somewhere that you will need to run version 2.96 to download the themes feed? Is this true?
    I'm not sure what to say about your PC, I assume by memory you mean hard drive space and unless your hard drive is ancient or you have loads or games, music, and videos I would be shocked if you ran out of space. Technically webos quick install doesn't install because it is a self contained app it simply is ran from the file that is downloaded. However it looks for webos doctor to be in the same folder that it is in so if doctor is not it will keep asking for doctor to be downloaded. I personally stopped using themes a long time ago because I'm not happy with all of the custom icons left behind by them for apps that I don't have installed. It took me several hours of deleting directories to clean up the mess after trying out dozens of themes. I have no idea if this is still happening, if it is hopefully it will be addressed in the install method to only put icons in for apps that are installed on the users device.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    i downloaded the preware to my phone and most of the apps and patches i cant download there are also no themes available what do i do please help
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    "Error downloading package theme" keeps me from doing just about anything. It worked perfectly yesterday, so not sure what the problem is today - tried restarting the PC, phone, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by moshekramer View Post
    i downloaded the preware to my phone and most of the apps and patches i cant download there are also no themes available what do i do please help
    Your best bet for help troubleshooting preware would be to post in the http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eware-1-x.html thread. You will need to provide more detail as well. Like if all feeds are enabled, are there any error messages if so include those in the post, etc.
  11.    #951  
    Hi all. I've updated WOSQI to v3.14 with a number of improvements

v3.14 - June 6, 2010
    - Now checks if Palm-scripts and ipkg scripts are different
    - Ipkg Feed Viewer no longer requires a device to be connected
    - Supports gzipped feeds for much faster feed loading
    - Fixed PreThemer feed url in themer section
    - Robustified feed parsing
    - New version of checking if files exist
    - Updated webOSDoctor downloader urls

Download link on first post
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    i get this error. "error reading source JSON of net.precentral.themes.black-out-grunge
    please contact the feed owner to get them to fix the error."
    Has anyone had trouble recently with WOSQI with Windows 7? I am thinking of upgrading my laptop, but I thought I remembered reading some posts about WOSQI have problems with 7, not sure if it was 32 or 64. Anyone have thoughts on this?
    when i download it finishes with no way to reach the file, what do i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I'm not sure what to say about your PC, I assume by memory you mean hard drive space and unless your hard drive is ancient or you have loads or games, music, and videos I would be shocked if you ran out of space. Technically webos quick install doesn't install because it is a self contained app it simply is ran from the file that is downloaded. However it looks for webos doctor to be in the same folder that it is in so if doctor is not it will keep asking for doctor to be downloaded. I personally stopped using themes a long time ago because I'm not happy with all of the custom icons left behind by them for apps that I don't have installed. It took me several hours of deleting directories to clean up the mess after trying out dozens of themes. I have no idea if this is still happening, if it is hopefully it will be addressed in the install method to only put icons in for apps that are installed on the users device.
    Thanks alot. Yeah I have a fairly old PC... and unfortunately, I have an adequate amount left. But I will free some space soon. And I'll have to save everything for my phone on one folder this time.
    Well, themes aren't really that important, just thought it would be nice to check them out. But I don't mind not having them. Preware is awesome. And I'm learning more about all this stuff!! (IPK, patches, apps, homebrew, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    Has anyone had trouble recently with WOSQI with Windows 7? I am thinking of upgrading my laptop, but I thought I remembered reading some posts about WOSQI have problems with 7, not sure if it was 32 or 64. Anyone have thoughts on this?
    No problems for me on Windows 7 32bit.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

v3.14 - June 6, 2010
    - Robustified feed parsing

Download link on first post
    Saw Rod's comment on Twitter....

I think Jason should have used: "Robustitaille'd" instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazePR View Post
    i get this error. "error reading source JSON of net.precentral.themes.black-out-grunge
    please contact the feed owner to get them to fix the error."
    I get the same error
    please help!!! when i try to download the webos quick installer it keeps tellin me i cant establish connection with server... i have tried it with firefox and IE* and alot of times... i have tried right clicking and save target and no success... i been at this all night and day and have followed instrutions provided... ne idea whats goin on here?????
    Does WOSQI check for dependencies like Preware?