Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    As of Preware v1.0 the Package Manager Service has been incorporated into Preware, so that you no longer need to download it separately. Please see this thread for more information.
    thanks a lot man.
    Hey Jason -- I haven't seen this reported before (if i missed it, i apologize), but I think something may be wrong with the Command Line on webOS QI. I can open up the command prompt just fine, and certain commands work (e.g. ls <directory>), but then others don't seem to do anything (e.g. cd). Also, I was trying to run a "chmod ugo+x <file>" command using the command line and nothing seems to happen...

any idea whats going on?

thanks!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    anyone knows where i can get a copy of webos quick install 2.96?
    thanks
    Anyone having problems with WOSQI??? Out of the blue mine will not do anything. Is there a new version out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    Anyone having problems with WOSQI??? Out of the blue mine will not do anything. Is there a new version out?
    That's most likely your java on your pc Mine works fun but once in a while i have to restart java to make it work after i do that every thing works ok... also some times just starting webOS QI first then connecting the pre works best for me some times i start it after i have plugged in and it did not seem to detect the pre so to fix this i would unplug my pre then plug it back in but have noticed that when starting WebOS QI first it works better
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ericizzy1 here is the v.2.96
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Would there be any reason why the feeds button no longer works for me?
    Nothing happens. No errors.
    I am running 3.12.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Would there be any reason why the feeds button no longer works for me?
    Nothing happens. No errors.
    I am running 3.12.

Thanks in advance.
    Go options, device management and see what comes up.
    Also are you connected to the internet on your computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Go options, device management and see what comes up.
    Also are you connected to the internet on your computer?
    Device Management shows me my device info and my installed apps/patches. Should I be looking for something else?

Yes, I am connected to the internet.

Isn't the blue down arrow on the main screen supposed to be the feeds button?

This used to work, this might be the first time I've tried to add a custom feed to WOSQI since updating to 3.12.

Thank you.
    Device Management shows me my device info and my installed apps/patches. Should I be looking for something else?

Yes, I am connected to the internet.

Isn't the blue down arrow on the main screen supposed to be the feeds button?

This used to work, this might be the first time I've tried to add a custom feed to WOSQI since updating to 3.12.

Thank you.
    Well it is definitely recognising your pre so that's fine.
    Yes the blue button should give you feeds. Do you see any one you press it?
    What custom feed did you try to add?
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Well it is definitely recognising your pre so that's fine.
    Yes the blue button should give you feeds. Do you see any one you press it?
    What custom feed did you try to add?
    That's just it.
    I don't see anything when I press the blue arrow button so I don't have a chance to enter a custom feed or view the built-in feeds.
    so just a quick question..and it may have been addressed....i go to tools click on themer...and i get error reading package list, cannot connect to package feed...anyone know a fix for this
    That's just it.
    I don't see anything when I press the blue arrow button so I don't have a chance to enter a custom feed or view the built-in feeds.
    Sounds like you're behind a corporate firewall? Are you trying this from work?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Sounds like you're behind a corporate firewall? Are you trying this from work?
    Yes. Never had an issue before.
    Maybe the latest version was coded a bit differently from previously where our setup here at work is affecting it?
    It might be your setup at work (might have changed with a firewall update). I just tried it from my work and it's working fine here. Try it at home or use a laptop with a wifi connection that isn't behind a corporate firewall connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    It might be your setup at work (might have changed with a firewall update). I just tried it from my work and it's working fine here. Try it at home or use a laptop with a wifi connection that isn't behind a corporate firewall connection.
    I snagged a wifi connection outside of our corporate network and still have the same issue. I rebooted again just to make sure. Same result.

I'll give it a go at home tonight.
    Thanks for your help.
    Hello all!

I have a dilemma. I was able to do the webos quick install, everything ran smooth, webos doctor downloaded, nova command loaded, and I was able to get preware and tweaks. So 2 days later, I was gonna hook up my Pixi to my computer and run the webos quick install, but it says that it needs to install webos doctor again! I checked all around and was not able to find it! I found nova command but not webos doctor! Do I have to download it again? I was very careful with checking how much memory my computer has and apperently I don't have much thanks to the 220 mb that webos doctor requires... So I don't know if doing this whole process again will affect my phone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by el_stroke; 06/03/2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Mispelled word
    Okay I've had this problem a few times now. I keep installing WOSQI, installing the doctor, and as far as I can tell I still have Novacom installed because WOSQI doesn't alert me that it can't see it. The phone is in developer mode and near as I can tell I followed every instruction in the manual. However, when I launch WOSQI, nothing responds for me. I try clicking on the blue downwards arrow...and nothing. I try clicking on options...and nothing and next time I go to the menu it is still highlighted and unclickable. The precentral link in the bottom right works and the plus sign works as well as the exit but that's about it. Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by el_stroke View Post
    Hello all!

I have a dilemma. I was able to do the webos quick install, everything ran smooth, webos doctor downloaded, nova command loaded, and I was able to get preware and tweaks. So 2 days later, I was gonna hook up my Pixi to my computer and run the webos quick install, but it says that it needs to install webos doctor again! I checked all around and was not able to find it! I found nova command but not webos doctor! Do I have to download it again? I was very careful with checking how much memory my computer has and apperently I don't have much thanks to the 220 mb that webos doctor requires... So I don't know if doing this whole process again will affect my phone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Make sure that WebDR and WebOS Quick INstall are both in the same folder or both on the desktop. WebOS QI is not finding Webdr in the same directory, that's why it keeps asking you for the WebDr.

Quote Originally Posted by torpedomagnet View Post
    Okay I've had this problem a few times now. I keep installing WOSQI, installing the doctor, and as far as I can tell I still have Novacom installed because WOSQI doesn't alert me that it can't see it. The phone is in developer mode and near as I can tell I followed every instruction in the manual. However, when I launch WOSQI, nothing responds for me. I try clicking on the blue downwards arrow...and nothing. I try clicking on options...and nothing and next time I go to the menu it is still highlighted and unclickable. The precentral link in the bottom right works and the plus sign works as well as the exit but that's about it. Any help?
    Do you have the latest java? Is WebOS QI seeing your phone? Are you behind a corporate firewall?
    I'm not behind a corporate firewall but I do see something that may be unusual when I go to check my java. The java test applet starts and my computer pops up with a notification that the application needs to run an earlier version of java. Then it says that oops, I don't have the recommended version of java and instructs me to go download it, however the button I click to go do that just takes me right back to the test screen and starts the process over again. I have gone in and manually found the file however and attempted to install it only to find that nothing has changed.

As far as I can tell WOSQI can see me however as it doesn't pop up with a message asking me to plug in my phone. However, it's impossible to tell if it really can if I can't navigate any of the menus. Help?