Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Have you tried restarting your computer and your phone? Have you installed Novacom? If not, in WOSQI go to the "File" menu in the upper left corner, click on "Options" and there is a button to attempt Novacom (re)installation. You can also try going to your start button and search for Novacom, then run it from the command line on your computer. I am unsure of the correct steps for this method, as I have never had to employ it, but they have been posted elsewhere in this thread, I think.

Good luck.
    Also remember to make sure the pre is in dev mode (type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart in universal search then turn on dev mode)
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Also remember to make sure the pre is in dev mode (type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart in universal search then turn on dev mode)
    Oh yeah... I seem to forget that "little" step since I have the Show Dev Mode Icon patch...oops.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    when i plug in my palm pre into my computer i turn on dev mode and click just charge. but when i go to the quick install. i try to download things and it says no device connected!!!! ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I HAVE DONE ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
    I can't even install WebOSQuickInstall, I have the latest version of java and everytime I click on the file after it's downloaded, a command prompt window flashes and then disappears... I have Windows 7 with the new Palm Pre Plus from AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by tandersonx2 View Post
    when i plug in my palm pre into my computer i turn on dev mode and click just charge. but when i go to the quick install. i try to download things and it says no device connected!!!! ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I HAVE DONE ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
    Just in case order of steps might have gotten mixed up:

1 -- Turn dev mode on
    2 -- wait for device to completely boot and verify that dev mode is indeed on
    3 -- reboot your pc just in case it has glitched the usb stuff
    4 -- plug in the device to usb and usb to pc or usb to pc then device to usb (I don't think it makes a difference)
    5 -- open quick install
    6 -- you should be good to go

If it still does not see the device you will need to uninstall and reinstall the Novacom and repeat the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    I can't even install WebOSQuickInstall, I have the latest version of java and everytime I click on the file after it's downloaded, a command prompt window flashes and then disappears... I have Windows 7 with the new Palm Pre Plus from AT&T
    Open command prompt and type:

Code:
    java -version
    You will see something like this if java is installed properly:

Code:
    java version "1.6.0_18"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_18-b07)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 16.0-b13, mixed mode, sharing)
    If not then something went wrong in installing java. You can attempt to reinstall it depending on if you get an error message about not being able to locate the command or something. And in that case you need to do the following:

1 -- open control panel
    2 -- open system
    3 -- click advanced settings
    4 -- choose advanced tab
    5 -- click environment variables
    6 -- in the system variables list box scroll down and select the "Path" variable
    7 -- click edit
    8 -- move the cursor to the beginning of the variable value text box and copy paste the following:

Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin; (If you have 64bit win7)
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin; (If you have 32bit win7)
    This is the default path so if you didn't use the default path you will need to put whatever the path is on your system.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    I got it to work...
    I put Webosquickinstall v3.12 in my C:\users\(computer name) folder and I also put webosdoctor in that same folder(btw at&t users get your webosdoctor from here Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    then I ran command prompt (go to start menu, search for "run", click "run", type in cmd and command prompt will open up)
    In command prompt I typed "java -jar webosquickinstall.jar" and webosquickinstall opens up
    Also folks remember to go to the file menu when webosquickinstall opens up and then select options and then click "attempt novacom (re)installation". Make sure the setting Device to Use is USB Device.
    Thanks for this! Really enjoying the ability to install custom apps and whatnot.

I mostly got it to overclock my Pre.
    I no longer use "Winders" for anything other than test purposes, and then it is via Sun VirtualBox trapped as a virtual machine, but it sure sounds to me like a lot of folks in here are having problems because they are using an account on their machine that either doesn't have admin access, or one restricted from installing software. JMHO
    Ok Im having problems with this new version...im installing patches but there not working nor showing in my device management...so im thinking this new program is not installing right because i had 3.02 and everything was fine...help
    I can only think of two things to ask to try and help you figure out what is happening. First is do you get any error messages? Second does it reboot or luna restart after or have you done either after? If answer is no to both then you will need to luna restart or device reboot if you prefer. If yes to error messages then please reply with the error messages.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok Im having problems with this new version...im installing patches but there not working nor showing in my device management...so im thinking this new program is not installing right because i had 3.02 and everything was fine...help
    me too . im having this issue, i can install patches but the installed patches dosnt work.
    So I'm new to the Palm Pre and I'm pretty much tech-illiterate. It is a miracle that I even found this site. I'm having trouble installing. I get a pop-up that tells me that I have to install WebOsDoctor (or something like that) but when I say no) b/c I think that I read not to install it, the download doesn't start. Is there a Dummie version of this?? Or would anybody like to help out a friend??! I'd greatly appreciate it!
    @kimkep
    If you're referring to the popup you get when launching WebOS Quick Install, the popup message is asking you to download WebOS Doctor, not install/run it. You need to download it for WebOS Quick Install to function..
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Question...
    I have wosqi installed and CAN download apps etc. My problem is that when I look at the list of apps (From any of the possible feeds) I can't see their names. As in I see blank boxes with check marks to select, and I can click in the blank boxes and get the App info and everything. It is just really hard to find apps without seeing their names... I have to click on every one to figure out which app is what. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i dno if this has bin mentioned but it usually only loads about half the themes and it always has an error for the feed =[
    hello, I have the program webosquickinstall in version 3.0.2, to start it tells me there's new version. I accept and leave the downloading and exit.

but to restart the program, I see that is the same version. What's wrong?
    I have to delete the program when you are downloading?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    how come i cant find the package manager service in preware or in quickinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    how come i cant find the package manager service in preware or in quickinstall?
    As of Preware v1.0 the Package Manager Service has been incorporated into Preware, so that you no longer need to download it separately. Please see this thread for more information.

I have downloaded the Quick Install and the Doctor thing on my computer now I followed all of the steps and some how the Package Manager Service and Preware are not showing up in my Feed (all) section. I dont know what else to do I need someones help please.
    Quote Originally Posted by ygarcia1018 View Post
    I have downloaded the Quick Install and the Doctor thing on my computer now I followed all of the steps and some how the Package Manager Service and Preware are not showing up in my Feed (all) section. I dont know what else to do I need someones help please.
    Look for webOSInternals Feed (Pre) or (Pixi), depending on your device. Also, as of Preware v1.0 Package Manager Service is built in, so you no longer need to install it separately.