Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mjgirl89 View Post
    I get this very same message when I try to install a new theme from webOS. They also have the patch I want on preware, but when I try to install it it says "Error Installing: See IPKG Log. I have webOS 3.12 and the latest version of Java. The developer mode is on in my palm pre so I don't know what to do now. If someone could help, I'd be super grateful.
    Repeat the steps to get the error then view/email the ipkg log and post it to this thread, I or someone else can help once we see the log.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    webos quick install cant find my device when i connect it...dev mode is enabled..still cant connect..heeeeelp
    Try this FILE ---> OPTIONS ---> UPDATE NOVACOM

It worked for me when I had this problem.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Great guide but had a lot of trouble getting my Palm to connect with Ubuntu 9.10.

To solve this problem go to the novacom directory, "/opt/Plam/Novacom", run "./novacomd" and then run WebOS Quick install.

Code:
    ~$ cd /opt/Palm/novacom/
    /opt/Palm/novacom$ sudo ./novacomd
    It would help if this info were added to the guide.

(If it's in here somewhere, I couldn't find it because the thread search kept timing out.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    AUPT-Compatibility

WebOS Quick Install is fully compatible with webOS-Internals Auto-Update Patch Technology (AUPT). Essentially this means you no longer need to uninstall patches prior to OTA updates.

When you enter the Tweaks section, after a webOS update, WebOS Quick Install will detect the version change and will open the update helper.

For on-feed patches, the update helper will update out-of-date patches to the new version's equivalent (or a dummy package if the updated patch has not yet been released).

For .patch files installed with WebOS Quick Install, the update helper will uninstall them. It will also check to see if the patch can be successfully re-applied. If it can be re-applied, the patch will be reinstalled.

Tweaks Guide

The guide attached to this post is slightly out of date, but the majority of the tweaks are still listed and explained so it's still very useful for new users

Also, keep in mind, patches are shown in the Device Management section, just change the drop-down box from "Applications" to "Patches" and you'll be able to get info and be able to uninstall patches in bulk.

All tweaks are compatible and interoperable between WebOS Quick Install and Preware.
    ok after i download everything and nothing happens. the screen goes away and is nowhereto be found... please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason robitaille View Post
    webos quick install v3.12

this program is intended for use with webos applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the palm sdk license agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on palm devices. Applications installed with webos quick install have not be tested by palm and are installed at your own risk.

This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to share it with other forums.

I can be contacted at support@canuck-software.ca
    if you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - device: Are you using a palm pre or the emulator
    - operating system (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    i will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.

Donations are appreciated as i'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.

enjoy! :-)

download here

installation guide

requirements
    • webosdoctor recovery rom
      • do not run webosdoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to webos factory settings
      • if you want to manually download it on your own, see this page for direct download links and copy that downloaded .jar file to the same folder as webosquickinstall.jar

• java 1.6
      • for mac os x, once you've installed java 1.6, run /application/utilities/java/java preferences. Then click and drag jave se 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set java 1.6 as the default version to use.

• novacom
      • you can manually install novacom by going in webosquickinstall and in the menu file->options, then press the "attempt novacom (re)installation" button.
      • for linux, try downloading the novacom file here.

• devmode enabled
      • this can be done on your device by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the developermode app, and enabling the feature.

lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use webos quick install, choose the "just charge" option on the device.

running webos quick install
    • simply double-click webosquickinstall.jar and (as long as java is installed properly) it will launch

features
    • stylish easy-to-use gui.
    • cross-platform support (windows, mac os x, linux).
    • tweaks panel for os customization on a deeper level.
    • full-featured themer
    • aupt-compatible
    • supports standard ipkg feeds.
    • no linux knowledge required, no root access required.
    • support for .ipk, .patch, and .diff files
    • works with both usb-connected webos devices and the webos emulator.
    • full device information section with management of user-installed applications.
    • send and receive files to and from a webos device.
    • quick-access link to the precentral homebrew gallery.
    • handy usage panel that explains the earlier-mentioned requirements.

screenshots

known issues
    - none so far

change log
    v3.12 - april 22, 2010
    - minor optimizations
    - now properly deletes the ipk from the device after install
    - fixed versioning issue

v3.11 - april 18, 2010
    - switched back to ipkg install format
    - added palm-style postinst/prerm script support

v3.1 - april 16, 2010
    - now uses the palm applicationinstallerutility for ipk installation/removal
    - added complete redone ipk-based themer with prethemer and precentral theme gallery support
    - fixed gnu patch/lsdiff download error
    - now uses patch-style ad blocker
    - now uses updated iphone user agent spoof
    - fixed issue with post-removal flags not executing
    - added support for restartdevice post-install and post-removal flags
    - feeds don't reload when changing between feeds in ipkg feed viewer
    - improved detection/handling of dead feeds
    - various minor bugfixes

v3.02 - february 2, 2010
    - minor optimizations
    - updated the update helper for improved functionality

v3.01 - february 2, 2010
    - more accurate webosdoctor downloading
    - fixes error where it would erroneously try to restore patches
    - removed pimpmypre ipkg feed
    - no longer luna restarts if patch installation fails
    - much better handling when a feed cannot be connected to

v3.0 - february 1, 2010
    - packages no longer install/uninstall if postinst/prerm scripts fail
    - "deinstall" status packages are now properly filtered out of device management
    - added update checker
    - fixed issue where patch setting were saved to a wrong directory
    - fixed issue preventing installation of large ipk files
    - themer temporarily disabled
    - fixed issue preventing installation of patch files with non-alphanumeric characters in their name
    - updated ad-blocker for better compatibility
    - added patch updating on online repository tab
    - added support for aupt
    - added webosdoctor patch recovery
    - fixed "this is a webos application." nametags in device management
    - added dynamic webosdoctor downloader
    - fixed issue preventing webosdoctor jar detection

special thanks to everyone who's helped contribute to the cause: Those who donate, those who help test, those who help teach me new things, and those who help out with new users. This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys
    hey
    i have a palm pre...i have followed the troubleshooting guide..not sure what operating system. I have installes webos quick install but i dont see preware or package manager on the repository list for me to download. I did click on internal feeds (all) by the way. Can you pls help me????
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    A little problem: I made a few changes/updates and in the process, something got messed up.
    I installed a new theme, but it didn't seem to install correctly. I still have remnants from the previous theme (some scrims in messaging); neither the old theme or the new one shows up as installed in WosQI or Preware. WosQI won't even make available the "revert to default" button, because it shows that I have the OEM theme. But when I try to install a new one (or the same one), I get a message that a theme is already installed [both in WosQI & Preware].
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Calm down. Open preware. Let it load up, then click the top left of the screen where it has a little preware sign.
    first go to preferences in the drop down box and go down to show themes in the middle box, turn it on
    then go back to main page and select the small preware button again, this time go to manage feeds, scroll down to prethemer and select on and turn precentral themes on. Then swipe back to get back to the main page and then you will get a pop up to say update feeds, select yes.

now you will have themes
    I can't thank you enough Pip Smith!!!!!!!

I've now got my LA Lakers theme installed, just in time for another back to back championship... GO LAKERS!!!!!
    I got myself into a stupid spot and don't know how to correct it. I was messing around trying to patch screen and lock app with my own changes. My first two attempts at getting the changes I want right didn't work out so I altered the patch and applied again each time without removing the previous thinking that it would auto update the install like when updating patches in preware. Bottom line is the patch was listed three times and checking all three and clicking uninstall removed two of the three but the third one there was a chunk error for removal so it wouldn't remove it from the list.

To be sure the files were stock I sent the original files to my pre and attempted to remove the patch again figuring it would see that it was already gone and then would remove itself from the list. At this point I'm not sure what went wrong but it still was shown as an installed patch even though the files were definitely originals. So then I thought perhaps if I removed the directory created from the patch process it would then no longer show up as installed.

This is where I messed up real bad since it still shows and now complains the directory is gone. And preware won't clear it as listed installed because it complains that there is no prerm file which is also because I removed the directory from the installation process. Which leaves me to why I'm posting how do I get it out of the installed list seeing I messed things up so bad?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Anyone else feels the ambition to get the WebOS Utilities (Jason's WOQI, WORU, and the Doc) run on a maemo NIT? It would be great, if my N800 could double as a Palm Pre/WebOS Helper/Companion/Doctor.

My first "quick and dirty" trial after installing Jalimo as a J2SE substitute lead to the following error:

/media/mmc2/Downloads/WebOS $ cacao WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: WebOSQuickInstall.jar not found in java.lang.ClassLoader$1{urls=[file:/media/mmc2/Downloads/WebOS/./], parent=null}
    <<No stacktrace available>>
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: WebOSQuickInstall.jar not found in java.lang.ClassLoader$1{urls=[file:/media/mmc2/Downloads/WebOS/./], parent=null}
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:531)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:341)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader$1.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:1112)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:293)
    Any Ideas?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprereviewer4 View Post
    hey
    i have a palm pre...i have followed the troubleshooting guide..not sure what operating system. I have installes webos quick install but i dont see preware or package manager on the repository list for me to download. I did click on internal feeds (all) by the way. Can you pls help me????
    Preware is in the (Pre) feed, not the (all) feed. As of Preware v1.0.0, you no longer need the Package Manager Service. See Application:Preware - WebOS Internals for up to date instructions on installling Preware using WebOS Quick Install.
    Another problem...
    I just installed java version "1.6.0_20", and Quick Install 3.12. When I click on Tools -> Themer I get message popup saying "Error reading rackage list", I click the OK button and I get another popup saying "Cannot connect to package feed: http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/preware/Packages".

Btw, I did use quick install to load Preware successfully.

Anybody have any ideas about a next step to enable me to load themes?
    Load them through preware. Go to the preware app on the phone. After loading, tap the top left corner of the screen where it says preware.
    first select prefences, change show themes, to yes.
    then go back a page and then select manage feeds in the top left this time, turn the two themes feeds to on. Then go back to the main preware page, update feeds when the pop up comes, then installed your themes using preware.
    where do i download quick instal
    Quote Originally Posted by kap0327 View Post
    where do i download quick instal
    There is a link in the first post in this thread to download it. It is larger font and says "download here". It is somewhat easy to overlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    Great guide but had a lot of trouble getting my Palm to connect with Ubuntu 9.10.

To solve this problem go to the novacom directory, "/opt/Plam/Novacom", run "./novacomd" and then run WebOS Quick install.

Code:
    ~$ cd /opt/Palm/novacom/
    /opt/Palm/novacom$ sudo ./novacomd
    It would help if this info were added to the guide.

(If it's in here somewhere, I couldn't find it because the thread search kept timing out.)
    OT regarding novacom/Ubuntu - here is an old thread regarding getting Novacom running on Ubuntu 9.01 - When I recently updated to Karmic Koala (Ubuntu 10.04) I was happy to find novacom still running quite happily. Since it is a "jar" file, I navigate to the location of the WebOS Quick Install file using nautilus, right-click on it, and select "Open with OpenJDK Java 6 runtime".

Note: (After the upgrade - then downloading WebOS QI 3.12, I *did* have to alter the "jar" file properties to set the "execute" bit. No problemo after that).
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Is this topic corrupt? it seems I am always 1 page behind and can't get to the last page of this topic.. Like now it's at 45/46, but clicking 46 only takes you to the top of 45.
    quick install isnt reading my phone. when i connect it to download preware it says connect phone. what can i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Is this topic corrupt? it seems I am always 1 page behind and can't get to the last page of this topic.. Like now it's at 45/46, but clicking 46 only takes you to the top of 45.
    This is something across the whole forum. For some reason something is causing threads to appear to have more posts in them than there actually are and so it adds a link for another page and the forward page link. However what is odd is it isn't happening all the time. I'm guessing there is a sweet spot where it acts normal and then all posts outside the sweet spot cause it to indicate a new page of posts exist that doesn't exist. I have noticed it indicate for example 101 of 101 for the next page or in this case at time of posting 901 to 910 but post #897 was the last one.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Hey guys upon downloading preware from quick install I get an error:
    java.io.FileNotFoundExpection: C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\ Install\org.webosinterals.preware_1.0.0_arm.ipk (The system cannot find the path specified)

Please let me know if anyone has the knowledge to figure out what is wrong here, I greatly appreciate the help!

Feel free to email me joe.cisco@hotmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mikswagga View Post
    quick install isnt reading my phone. when i connect it to download preware it says connect phone. what can i do?
    Have you tried restarting your computer and your phone? Have you installed Novacom? If not, in WOSQI go to the "File" menu in the upper left corner, click on "Options" and there is a button to attempt Novacom (re)installation. You can also try going to your start button and search for Novacom, then run it from the command line on your computer. I am unsure of the correct steps for this method, as I have never had to employ it, but they have been posted elsewhere in this thread, I think.

Good luck.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"