Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Well i hit tweaks and it asked to update it all for me and i did it after i installed preware, but it kept failing on one of them, so it wouldn't let me go to tweaks at all. after i restarted my phone it seems like i have all the tweaks but my phone isnt asking me if i want it to just charge media sync or anything. While i love having all my tweaks on there at once with out me selecting stuff sooner or later i'm going to want to add music lol. Someone please help.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    My question in brief: do I now have to Web Doctor my phone?

Verizon pushed WebOS 1.4.1.1 onto my Pre Plus over the weekend. This evening I tried to use WOSQI to update my patches. The update for org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-no-auto-off-while-charging failed.

Now I seem to be stuck. I can't add any patches, because WOSQI detects an un-updated patch and asks me if I want to update it. I can say "yes" and get the error, or I can say "no" and go to device management to try an uninstall. But that just gives the same error.

Is there a solution here other than Web Doctor?

The error message I'm getting is:

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details

Any advice from those with Pre wisdom would be appreciated.

-GN
    Quote Originally Posted by dabirdman101 View Post
    I have been trying for two days now. Does the link work, has it moved??? It just sits on a white screen in my browser, no download. I tried IE, Firefox, Opera. Please advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by mashiya View Post
    Same problem as above post....
    Try Google Chrome here, that should do it.

Google Chrome for Windows - Terms and Conditions Agreement
    Carlos someone that enjoys WEBOS
    "volver al espíritu de cooperación que prevaleció en los tiempos iniciales de la comunidad de usuarios de computadoras"
    "Return to the spirit of cooperation that prevailed in the early days of the community of computer users" Linus Torvalds
    Hello, first and foremost, THANK YOU soooo much for every piece of art that u have made for OS and users, seems like everything that u are involved in becomes gold for people, thank's again and i mean that, not only words have been touch ur yellow button.

Long story short, my phone got into some bad habits especially in having a very vey lagy launcher and preware, a bunch of updates of some of the major software for precentral has been happening as u are aware and stuff not being updated and all that has made my phone BAD, VERY BAD for a week, including unsuspected and repetitive lunarestarts, no USB conexion, preware not loading, signal problem with antenas ,the worst since I bought it and then I didn't help it when I deleted preware, forgetting that I didn't uninstall other superthings here. I was totally commited to go to the doc but not even USB conexion ..MAN! Some how (I amazed myself! hehe!) I got it to "work" and UPTODATE for both main installers PC and phone but this is what is odd.

WOSQUi and preware load and are on the version that they are supposed to be, but even that wosqui recognizes my phone and some stuff works (it loads the feeds, does installations, and linux comands, and gives me information about my phone, it does not knowledge my past installed packages or patches a blank list) shows the packages that installed AFTER update though.

On the penguins side (i don't know if u have time for this side) but basically does the same thing that wosqui is doing, only that it lists everything on the feeds but it shows it for me like i did not have it already installed, managed to uninstall superthings, services and speed managment but was complicated and painful, it loads and everything else is just fine, as of right now is runing stock speed, but i'm positive it left it's trail inside and most likely not going to be compatible with anything else, plus it had on, both speed managements. ...... nothing that has to do with my phone before update is seen or "re-installed" by installer app.

Thanks in advance if u have a min. and could give a hint on this matter.
    Last edited by armepocho; 05/07/2010 at 03:31 PM.
    Carlos someone that enjoys WEBOS
    "volver al espíritu de cooperación que prevaleció en los tiempos iniciales de la comunidad de usuarios de computadoras"
    "Return to the spirit of cooperation that prevailed in the early days of the community of computer users" Linus Torvalds
    Quote Originally Posted by gnunesjr View Post
    My question in brief: do I now have to Web Doctor my phone?

Verizon pushed WebOS 1.4.1.1 onto my Pre Plus over the weekend. This evening I tried to use WOSQI to update my patches. The update for org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-no-auto-off-while-charging failed.

Now I seem to be stuck. I can't add any patches, because WOSQI detects an un-updated patch and asks me if I want to update it. I can say "yes" and get the error, or I can say "no" and go to device management to try an uninstall. But that just gives the same error.

Is there a solution here other than Web Doctor?

The error message I'm getting is:

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details

Any advice from those with Pre wisdom would be appreciated.

-GN
    This is a known problem with that patch, it seems to happen to most everyone who updates to 1.4.1.1 with it installed (I read somewhere it's actually caused by a conflict with one or more other common patches, but I'm not sure). I got around this by installing PreWare (and PreWare's package manager, of course). PreWare doesn't do any better job of updating or removing the patch, it still errors out in exactly the same way. BUT, I can now just ignore that patch and install whatever else I want to using PreWare.

My understanding, from reading up on this problem, is that if you run the EPR (Emergencey Patch Recovery) from PreWare, it will suceed in removing the no-auto-off patch (along with all the others of course). Then you can re-patch as you like, including the no-auto-off patch.

I've not done the EPR yet, I'm content to just ignore the stuck patch for now.

One does wonder however if it would be better if WOSQI would allow you to ignore a patch stuck in this manner. At it is, you can't even get to the EPR function when a patch is fouled up like this, which is a frustrating catch-22.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 05/07/2010 at 10:07 PM.
    i have downloaded the preware but it doesnt load up themes on my phone doesnt even show a spot for themes can some one help me fix this
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alyssams View Post
    i have downloaded the preware but it doesnt load up themes on my phone doesnt even show a spot for themes can some one help me fix this
    thanks
    First, wrong thread. this is for WOSQI questions. Preware's thread is here. Now, onto your question, in the app menu, click on manage feeds. Make sure Prethemer and the Precentral feeds are on. If they are not, turn them on them update feeds. you should see the option for themes show up on the main screen.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Has anybody been able to resolve the Error Reading Package List error in Themer?

BUMP.... Jason?

My problem, I cannot remove or update my theme. Preware does not recognize that I have one installed (I was having an issue with version 1.0 so I went with WOSQI to update the theme) and WOSQI doesn't either. When I tried to install the updated version over top of the old, WOSQI tells me I need to remove my first theme before installing another in a series of error messages. What can I do to remove/update my theme???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    BUMP.... Jason?

My problem, I cannot remove or update my theme. Preware does not recognize that I have one installed (I was having an issue with version 1.0 so I went with WOSQI to update the theme) and WOSQI doesn't either. When I tried to install the updated version over top of the old, WOSQI tells me I need to remove my first theme before installing another in a series of error messages. What can I do to remove/update my theme???
    Not sure if there is any other way to do this i had to webos doctor my phone in order to fix this last time or you may try using preware to remove the them then have WebOS QI install the new one...
    Also i know this is prob not the right place to ask but does WebOS QI have a way to remove any junk temp files on my phone i was snooping around in internals and found parts of themes i have installed and removed MONTHS ago over 50mb worth of crap how can this be delt with shot of snooping through all the folders and removing temp junk
    Another hint for people which do not manage to install WebOS Quick Install respectively NovaComD: Make sure that you have XP upgraded to SP2. I still had SP1 and it was not possible to install those tools. With SP2 it worked like described above.
    Did a search but couldn't find a solution (nor anybody with the same problem ... *sigh*). Maybe someone around here has got an idea?

When I try to send a file to my pre I am asked which directory that file is in, clicking the button to open windows explorer just doesn't do a thing. I get the exact same problem if I try to receive a file when I am asked which directory I want the file to be put in. Running Win7 64bit, WOSQI 3.12. Tried updating Java, but the problem remains. I know it worked in the past with an older version of WOSQI. Any idea anybody?

thx.
    Last edited by DocJones; 05/10/2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by eldorawi View Post
    Another hint for people which do not manage to install WebOS Quick Install respectively NovaComD: Make sure that you have XP upgraded to SP2. I still had SP1 and it was not possible to install those tools. With SP2 it worked like described above.
    My god XP is bad enought with out sp2 or sp3 you really should install SP3 it helps a lot trust me i use to have XP now using win 7 and love it but you really should install SP3 for XP not only will it fix some of the stability problems but will patch and fix some exploits you have with out SP3 I use to have some random programs die once in a while but after sp3 it never happened again... I have never had Win 7 freeze or crash
    all of a sudden none of my patches or applications show up under device managment.....apps and patches come up blank....please help....
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Not sure if there is any other way to do this i had to webos doctor my phone in order to fix this last time or you may try using preware to remove the them then have WebOS QI install the new one...
    I figured out why Preware isn't installing themes. You have to manually install diffstat and GNU patch (linux apps) to install themes from Prethemer.com unless you already have them. Reguardles of whether preware can detect a theme or not, you should be able to install the same theme over top of it and then uninstall it to return to normal. For future reference.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    all of a sudden none of my patches or applications show up under device managment.....apps and patches come up blank....please help....
    ran webos doctor... everything was going fine, adding patches, apps, really getting my pre+ dialed in....now i have to start over...ugh!
    so is everyone else getting the "cannot connect to package feed" under themer?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Started getting the following error message after upgrading to Preware v 1.0.0 and running WebOS QI 3.12

mount: mounting/dev/mapper/store-root on/failed: Device or resource busy
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    so is everyone else getting the "cannot connect to package feed" under themer?
    I believe that may be the case. It appears that there may be a little something amiss with the software (version 3.12). I also see 2 messages when I attempt to use the Themer. However, if I click the OK buttons on those messages to acknowledge/dismiss them, then move my mouse cursor over the word "All" adjacent to "Category", the list of available themes appears.

Please try that and let me know if that works for you as well.
    Im'trying to install webosqi but I have a O2 Pixi Plus from Germany and can't find a WebOS Doctor version for my phone. Do I have to wait until its out or are my google skills really bad?

edit:

Alright, I entered my serial number on the Palm site and it gave me a webos doctor location, but the file is a 0kb .jnlp... i don't get it

edit 2:

ok i get it, it's a java download application. now i feel stupid.
    Last edited by bsgb; 05/12/2010 at 01:14 PM.