Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stillryn View Post
    Now thats what i'm talking about. I will do just that. I'll give it the weekend then try again. Thanks again Jerry.
    Most welcome, and Good Luck!

Cheers,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Has anyone else noticed that things loaded recently with WOSQI, it's putting the IPKs in the root Media/Internals folder? These apps loaded, but for some reason the IPKs for them are in my root USB folder.
    I posted this in the getting started thread, which I now think was a bad idea. I really need help. I'm dying here. lol I can't stand this phone without being able to mess with it.. this is my problem. I go into the installer, everything says connected. I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything. I've restarted everything. Here's what I'm getting.

I'm using 3.12.
    My os is Vista 32bit.

I'm not able to install any tweaks or themes with this problem.
    I'm begging for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that things loaded recently with WOSQI, it's putting the IPKs in the root Media/Internals folder? These apps loaded, but for some reason the IPKs for them are in my root USB folder.
    Sounds like your not using the latest version, this was fixed in 3.12.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @lahlahlahliz - that feed doesn't exist anymore. Are you sure you're using 3.12? You can go to here with your browser - Index of /feeds/webos-patches/ - and see that folder does _not_ exist. If you're really using 3.12, find and delete the (I believe hidden) WOSQI configuration files and then restart WOSQI.

HTH,
    -Jerry
    Last edited by JerryG; 04/29/2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Fix typo
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    @lahlahlahliz - I got the same error. I had Doctored my phone but had not updated it to v1.4.1.1 After updating it, no more error.
    You might check (and update) your WebOS version.
    Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @lahlahlahliz - that feed doesn't exist anymore. Are you sure you're using 3.12? You can go to here with your browser - Index of /feeds/webos-patches/ - and see that folder does _not_ exist. If you're really using 3.12, find and delete the (I believe hidden) WOSQI configuration files and then restart WOSQI.

HTH,
    -Jerry
    I hate to sound stupid, but I'm not smart enough to know how to do that. lol But I did travel to the url that was showed in the error message and did figure out that the file wasn't there.. But there were plenty of other files there.. Just wasn't smart enough to figure out how to change the path the program was taking.

Quote Originally Posted by JustVin View Post
    @lahlahlahliz - I got the same error. I had Doctored my phone but had not updated it to v1.4.1.1 After updating it, no more error.
    You might check (and update) your WebOS version.
    Hope that helps.
    Yeah, I've been trying to update it since I got the phone, [two days ago!]. But after I updated it it worked fine.

Thank you both so much!
    edit: scratch that.. I just used preware since I finally got it working.
    Last edited by lahlahlahliz; 04/29/2010 at 03:19 PM.
    is there Web Doctor for WebOS1.4.1.1 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Okay - Ever sice 1.4.1 the AUPT has not been able to properly update the patch SMS Tone per Contact (I think because that function is now built into the OS) but Preware also cannot remove it. WHen i try I get an ipkg error.

SO I went to WebOSQI - the latest version. In the past when Preware could not remove a patch I could go to WebOSQI > Tweaks > Repositories and reinstall the same patch ove ritself and then go to WebOS QI > Device Manager and remove it.

This time with the new version of WebOS QI when I selected tweaks from the menu I got a window asking me to allow it to reapply updates patches. Do I did. The first two re-applied fine but then it hit the same darn SMS Tone per Contact Patch and I got this serror:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkg Script.sh
    Check for md5sum in usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- see webospatches.log for more details

What the heck does that mean? After I close that window I see it is showing it had an error installing the SMS Tones per Contact patch

How do I get this nasty patch off my Pre? And allow all my other oatche sto update properly?

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
    Similar issue. Did you get help?
    I installed WOSQI and it worked fine until after it installed the Doctor. Now it won't do anything. If I click File>Options, it doesn't open anything. I tried deleting it and redoing it, but it doesn't work. Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Sounds like your not using the latest version, this was fixed in 3.12.
    Updated recently. Must have been left-over from the previous then. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    The "Up One Level" button doesn't work in the navigation when adding a package to install. Is this a known bug? It's not in the known issues of version 3.12.
    do they have the themer working on 3.12?
    Does anybody have an alternate download link for wosqi v3.12? The download location listed in the original post is blocked at work for some reason.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaferz View Post
    Does anybody have an alternate download link for wosqi v3.12? The download location listed in the original post is blocked at work for some reason.
    If you've got an old version, it should prompt to update.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaferz View Post
    I just tested the download link on the first page and it is working.

Here it is:

http://filebin.ca/maynxr/WebOSQuickInstall.jar

But if you are having trouble, I once had trouble using Firefox and it worked with MS Internet Explorer.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Thanks for the help, but the issue I'm having is that my companies server has the filebin.ca domain blocked, so i'm unable to download.

Anybody have some free time that could email the file to me?

Thanks!!!!
    Last edited by shaferz; 04/30/2010 at 01:35 AM.
    puh puh puh pleaaaaase?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I just tested the download link on the first page and it is working.

Here it is:

http://filebin.ca/maynxr/WebOSQuickInstall.jar

But if you are having trouble, I once had trouble using Firefox and it worked with MS Internet Explorer.

Rob
    Try this link... Will take you to the same download, but with a different URL that may not be blocked by your system

http://tinyurl.com/39rumw5