Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Delete WebOS QI and OS doctor re-download it and also download the new java and install it it will remove old or same version before reinstalling it try that and see what happens java is nice but can be stupid at times and as always reboot all devices lol...
    thank you. i downloaded webos qi several times. missed jave, because its not so old. will try that. thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by bluescreen View Post
    thank you. i downloaded webos qi several times. missed jave, because its not so old. will try that. thank you
    nope. does not work.
    thanks
    for
    the info
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Jason,
    I'm running latest version and this is nothing new with this version, but it still is an issue. The "folder up" icon to go up one folder in the tree doesn't work in the add file view. I can select the pull-down-menu and select the higher folder, but can't just click the icon for it.
    The installer is currently stored at http://filebin.ca/maynxr/WebOSQuickInstall.jar - filebin.ca is listed at TrendMicro as a malicous website. If someone could provide an alternative link, this would be very helpful.
    In the UK/EU, we received a 2nd OTA "update" to 1.4.1 recently.

Deos anyone know if this "new" GSM 1.4.1 is the same as the 1st 1.4.1Webosdoctor that webos-internals.org were hosting ? There is no sign that a newer version was uploaded?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Maybe this was answered but didn't see it ..In webos quick install, i push the blue arrow button and nothing happens. My phone is connected to it though. Im trying to install preware.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stillryn View Post
    Maybe this was answered but didn't see it ..In webos quick install, i push the blue arrow button and nothing happens. My phone is connected to it though. Im trying to install preware.
    Do you have developer mode enabled?

Regards,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Yes, it is. I can install patches, or tweaks. when i hit the green button it works, it shows my apps i have installed. I do believe it is working.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Let me add that I am trying to intall preware and package manager for the super prekernel.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Okay... It just worked fine for me. The quickest solution right now, since you can download and install manually, would be to do just that, instead of trying to use the feed. Hmm, just checked and I have 3.11 here. Let me try the newest version. Gimme a couple...

-Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Newest version works OK for me too. Does the PC with WOSQI have a working Internet connection? (I can't tell where you're posting from.... )

Here's an alternate method - Index of / - they have a Java based installer...

HTH,

-Jerry

PS - the URL is for get.preware.org
    Last edited by JerryG; 04/28/2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: add PS
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I hope i am doing all this correctly. The reason for this is i am getting an error when installing the large file for the super pre kernel, i read somewhere on here someone else had same problem ansd caj2008 (i believe) told this man to download preware and pocket manager to be able to dpwnload spk ipk's . Is any of this sounding true or at least somewhat correct?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I am doing this on my laptop which has internet connection.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I hope i am doing all this correctly. The reason for this is i am getting an error when installing the large file for the super pre kernel, i read somewhere on here someone else had same problem ansd caj2008 (i believe) told this man to download preware and pocket manager to be able to dpwnload spk ipk's . Is any of this sounding true or at least somewhat correct?
    Well, I don't know. I gave up playing with my CPU , because I had too many problems just enabling scaling from 125 to 500 (yes, only 500 ). Without knowing what error you were getting, I couldn't tell. And I haven't heard of pocket manager before this, who, what, where?

Cheers,
    -Jerry
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Yeah, i probably just giveup on trying to boost the phone with this kernel. I was hoping i would have been able to do it without the aide of someone. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by stillryn; 04/28/2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Yeah, i probably just giveup on trying to boost the phone with this kernel. I was hoping i would have been able to do it without the aide of someone. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
    Don't give up. Hacking the phone is too much fun! Best thing to do, would be to wait for the weekend, and sit back with a six-pack, and slowly go through the forum thread for the kernel you want...

I found that when tackling a tough problem when programming, the best thing to often do, was walk away for awhile, and come back fresh.

Regards,
    -Jerry
    Last edited by JerryG; 04/28/2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: add 2nd graf
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Now thats what i'm talking about. I will do just that. I'll give it the weekend then try again. Thanks again Jerry.