Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    check ur internet connection? maybe the feeds r down?
    Internet is up. I have had this problem for the last few days (that I know of) that it does not work. I have tried 2 different Pre's with no luck.

    Michael
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Internet is up. I have had this problem for the last few days (that I know of) that it does not work. I have tried 2 different Pre's with no luck.

    Michael
    it works for me...but you know what might help you...last time that happened to me...I decided to uninstall java completely from my laptop and install it again...and its been working perfectly ever since
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyjoebob View Post
    FYI I am getting the same error. After downloading the WebOSquickinstall, I run it, but it keeps asking me to install the webOSdoctorewwverizon.jar file. It keeps downloading, and never seems to finish. If this helps: It reaches 100% every time, and then states it is processing the download, but then as soon as it hangs on that message for maybe 10 seconds it starts over with a new message "webOSdoctor needs to be installed."

    I tried searching for this file but I do not believe it is finishing the download because it does not exist on my PC. Not sure what else to do. Hope this helps somehow.

    I needs me some DopeWars!
    I have the same issues. The webOSdoctorewwverizon.jar file keeps "saying" that it finished, then it closes. Each time I open the WebOSquickinstall, the same prompt comes up, and the process repeats itself. Win7 x64 with the most recent version of the .jar file.
  4. #64  
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Put the Pre in USB Modde, you'll see a file in the base directory called .webosinternals.patches.packages. Open it with a text editor and remove all the patch ids of patches you don't have installed
    couldn't this be done by WOSQI automatically?
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
  5. #65  
    Thanks, Jason, for your continuing development.
    Bill
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captitano View Post
    Hi,

    couldn't this be done by WOSQI automatically?
    He said that a fix was in the pipeline, but you have to give them time
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  7. #67  
    Hi, I have a question: I downloaded webos quick install, and when I run it, it asks if I want to download webos doctor, so I clicked yes, it downloaded, and then when I open webos quick install, it asks again if I want to download webos doctor! How can I get it to work? Thanks!
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    Hi, I have a question: I downloaded webos quick install, and when I run it, it asks if I want to download webos doctor, so I clicked yes, it downloaded, and then when I open webos quick install, it asks again if I want to download webos doctor! How can I get it to work? Thanks!
    Sounds like this is a common issue. The first time I blamed it on my usb drive that didn't have enough space. Then it did it again, and I scratched my head. The third time, I decided something was up.

    Until this issue is fixed, just download it yourself from Palm's site (I have a hard time finding the link, a search here should locate it) and rename it to webOSDoctor.jar. The first time I fired up the new version I had a 1.3.1 image already in the directory, and it did not prompt to download.
  9. #69  
    Thanks Jason for all you do..
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
  10. bobwill's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Anyone having an issue where it just keeps redownloading the Webos Doctor?
    Yes, it keeps wanting to downloading the file. I do not know what directory it is trying to use, but it is not the one where WebOSQI is installed. I went and downloaded the file from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals and saved it to the correct directory where I installed WebOSQI.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
  11. bobwill's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRich View Post
    That worked. Thank you!

    As a tip to others, I had to not only remove the text but delete the remaining blank line from the .webosinternals.patches.packages* file.
    I deleted the blank line, but QI still wants to install a "blank" patch???

    I finally did get QI to quit wanting to do updates from the "Tweaks" menu. I compared the listing under Device Management/Patches to the entries in the /media/internal/.webosinternals.patches.packages file. In my case there was an entry in the "packages file" that pointed to to "Hide NASCAR", however Device Management considers that to be a "Application", not a patch. So I deleted that line of code in /media/internal/.webosinternals.patches.packages file and at least for now things work...
    Last edited by bobwill; 02/02/2010 at 09:44 AM.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
  12. ferchope's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #72  
    i have windows 7 "64" i have installed novacom ,i can root my pre but when i try to open wqi or the doctor "the jar files", the command prompt pops up and closes immediatly and nothing happens.i have java for the 32 and 64 version installed .any help
  13. i3
    i3 is offline
    i3's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    #73  
    hey.. i installed 3.0 after installin 2.96.. so already had webdoctor... installed a few patches (which i couldnt instal any patches with 2.96)... after installin a couple of patches.. now whenever i go to tweaks it keeps saying the thing about having recently used webdoctor (which i havent) would you like to restore patches,, yes or no,, so if i press no i get nothing,, if i press yes it does something then the log say unable to install:key-toss-phone-slider.patch... i did not even install that patch.. however i noticed that it was always ticked whenever i entered tweaks on 3.0 and 2.96.. i would untick it first before selecting other patches... please help
  14. bobwill's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    hey.. i installed 3.0 after installin 2.96.. so already had webdoctor... installed a few patches (which i couldnt instal any patches with 2.96)... after installin a couple of patches.. now whenever i go to tweaks it keeps saying the thing about having recently used webdoctor (which i havent) would you like to restore patches,, yes or no,, so if i press no i get nothing,, if i press yes it does something then the log say unable to install:key-toss-phone-slider.patch... i did not even install that patch.. however i noticed that it was always ticked whenever i entered tweaks on 3.0 and 2.96.. i would untick it first before selecting other patches... please help
    Read the threads above concerning webosinternals.patches.packages file and how you can edit this file and manually delete those patches from the file.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    it works for me...but you know what might help you...last time that happened to me...I decided to uninstall java completely from my laptop and install it again...and its been working perfectly ever since
    Tried uninstalling Java then reinstalling Java with no luck.
  16. #76  
    I have my phone in usb mode and I am looking for the file /media/webosinternals.patches.packages Where is it. I did a search and could not find it. Is it in another folder? I have all of these patches showing up on device manager, but it will not let me delete them because the patch is not found. Could you please give me step by step to find the the file? Sorry for being such a dummy.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    Yes, it keeps wanting to downloading the file. I do not know what directory it is trying to use, but it is not the one where WebOSQI is installed. I went and downloaded the file from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals and saved it to the correct directory where I installed WebOSQI.
    I went and manually downloaded the doctor file, and put it into a folder with the WebOSQU file. Ran the WebOSUI file again, and it detected the other file properly and finished installing!

    Now one question...is "theming" disabled for everyone? Or am I doing something wrong?
  18. i3
    i3 is offline
    i3's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    Read the threads above concerning webosinternals.patches.packages file and how you can edit this file and manually delete those patches from the file.
    hey, im sorry, dont understand how to go about that.. could you please instruct me......

    also, how do i receive notifications to my email when someone replies where i have posted on these forums? thanks... actually.. i just discovered that.. thread subscription
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    hey, im sorry, dont understand how to go about that.. could you please instruct me......
    Do not do the file editing earlier mentioned. That is only for advanced users who are 100% certain what they're doing. Besides, as I've written below, v3.01 fixes the issue anyway.



    As promised, here's the update!

    [Download Here]

    v3.01 - February 2, 2010
    - more accurate webOSDoctor downloading
    - fixes error where it would erroneously try to restore patches
    - removed PimpMyPre ipkg feed
    - no longer luna restarts if patch installation fails
    - much better handling when a feed cannot be connected to



    I highly recommend all those with 3.0 or lower to upgrade. (Be sure to doublecheck v3.01 is shown on the About screen)
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 02/02/2010 at 01:16 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  20. #80  
    can't wait to get home & check it out.
    "I could calculate your chances of survival, but your not gonna like it." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    >>>>>> My WoW Fan Site <<<<<<
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions