Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Got your phone plugged in on just charge? By the palm, inc are you referring to the device in device manager?
    @ospreyguy, was directed at the other guy sorry. But in your case, have you renamed webos doctor correctly and do you have the latest version of wosqi?

Random I know but does your name refer to the rugby team or are you just referring to the bird.
    'WebOSQuickInstall.jar' is the exact name, version 3.12, downloaded again like 15 min ago...

The bird... Sort of... I am a University of North Florida Alumni, home of the fighting Ospreys! "They will swoop you up!" (no kidding that is a real quote...)
    Make sure the doctor file is in the same folder and named 'webOSDoctor.jar'
    What OS are you running on your laptop?

Ah I get it.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Make sure the doctor file is in the same folder and named 'webOSDoctor.jar'
    What OS are you running on your laptop?

Ah I get it.
    Okay finally got. I'm on a mac, and it turns out it was the Java update that was getting me. I had to do the following from post one:

"For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use."

***smacks forehead in a d'oh gesture***
    Haha, at least you should be able to get it going now.
    the blue arrow button in webos quickinstall stoped working. iam clicking it and nothing happens. any conclusions? thank you guys.
    I keep trying to install Preware and it shows the downloading thing shows but Preware doesnt show up on phone, what else can i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    I keep trying to install Preware and it shows the downloading thing shows but Preware doesnt show up on phone, what else can i do?
    Have you double-checked that you have wosQI version 3.12?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I'm new to webosqi, I've dled version 3.12 and the doctor. I've updated my java to 1.6 and connected my pre plus in just charge mode. When I click the blue arrow or tweaks in the menu, the program hangs. I've dled some homebrew apps directly from precentral but when I added them and clicked install, the program froze at "connecting to device"

Any help or suggestions plz. I really want to get this going. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antichulius View Post
    I'm new to webosqi, I've dled version 3.12 and the doctor. I've updated my java to 1.6 and connected my pre plus in just charge mode. When I click the blue arrow or tweaks in the menu, the program hangs. I've dled some homebrew apps directly from precentral but when I added them and clicked install, the program froze at "connecting to device"

Any help or suggestions plz. I really want to get this going. Thanks
    This will probably sound silly, but have you tried restarting both your Pre and your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by ospreyguy View Post
    BAH!!! Still nothing! Re-downloaded and nothing... opens for about 3 seconds and closes! Crap holes.
    Easy there its nothing jason did you need to check your java uninstall it and reinstall it will fix the closing issue at least it did for me... also reboot both computer and the pre
    Last edited by gitit20; 04/25/2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    W.T.F. !!! webosqi is NOT LOADING!!! when i click the tweaks it does nothing, when i click themer it does nothing, and when i click anything it wont load... help this phone is so useless w/o this :-(

Im currently running the 3.12
    Remove and reinstall JAVA delete webos qi and webos doctor redownload it all and then try it that's all you should have to do... Also reboot the pre and the computer
    Last edited by gitit20; 04/25/2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Jason Thank you for all your hard work... YOU DA MAN works like a charm for me thank you....
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Have you double-checked that you have wosQI version 3.12?
    yep, it shows the Downloading sign, but nothing on my Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    This will probably sound silly, but have you tried restarting both your Pre and your computer?
    Heh, I had done that, and I did it again and made sure developer mode was still active, but no luck. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled Novacomd, and BAM it worked fine! Thanks for the help!
    Antichulius: glad you solved it! Biggamer3, not sure what to offer...I am sorry.

Hey i have notice when you plug in the pre and start WebOS QI it says no device found but all i have had to do was unplug it for about 5 sec and then back in and worked ok so first thing if your having trouble just unplug your pre for about 5 to 1o sec then plug it back in see what that does also reboot the pc and the pre that's the first steps you should take.. I know its been said before most likely but for the noobs...
    sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by bluescreen View Post
    the blue arrow button in webos quickinstall stoped working. iam clicking it and nothing happens. any conclusions? thank you guys.
    no ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluescreen View Post
    Delete WebOS QI and OS doctor re-download it and also download the new java and install it it will remove old or same version before reinstalling it try that and see what happens java is nice but can be stupid at times and as always reboot all devices lol...
    Okay - Ever sice 1.4.1 the AUPT has not been able to properly update the patch SMS Tone per Contact (I think because that function is now built into the OS) but Preware also cannot remove it. WHen i try I get an ipkg error.

SO I went to WebOSQI - the latest version. In the past when Preware could not remove a patch I could go to WebOSQI > Tweaks > Repositories and reinstall the same patch ove ritself and then go to WebOS QI > Device Manager and remove it.

This time with the new version of WebOS QI when I selected tweaks from the menu I got a window asking me to allow it to reapply updates patches. Do I did. The first two re-applied fine but then it hit the same darn SMS Tone per Contact Patch and I got this serror:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkg Script.sh
    Check for md5sum in usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- see webospatches.log for more details

What the heck does that mean? After I close that window I see it is showing it had an error installing the SMS Tones per Contact patch

How do I get this nasty patch off my Pre? And allow all my other oatche sto update properly?

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!