Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I want to extend a hearty job well done to Jason for all that he does. I'd like to throw something out there that maybe affects the removal of patches when using EPR through WOSQI. I got my Pre in July 2009 and by September I was reading these forums and began loading patches. I always went through Device Management in WOSQI and placed a checkmark on all of the patches and clicked uninstall. After that, I turned my phone off and then back on. I then updated to the new WOS version. About 2 updates ago, I began using the EPR button in WOSQI and I began seeing some of the patches still in effect but seemingly not installed. This past update of verson 1.4.1.1, I could not load the patch for either Select Alert & Notification for Contacts or SMS for Contacts. I kept getting error on both. I Dr'd my Pre and had to put my Pre back to the way it was prior to the update. I was then able to load the patch for either Select Alert or SMS for Contacts. Could be a glitch in the EPR and the new 1.4.1.1 update. I'm back to normal now on my Pre. HAAAPPPPPYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I spoke too soon. v3.1 fails as before now: "Device not found". Sigh. Back to troubleshooting. thorne

Hmm, when I plug in the Pre I no longer get the options to select USB or Just Charge. Had to reboot Windows to get those options back.
    Last edited by thornev; 04/17/2010 at 01:45 PM.
    im having a horrible issue i cant get to run i have verified the java instal 3times and rebooted several time when i double click the jar file i get this error ( java.io.filenotfoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar) i have even downloaded the palm webos doctor with novacom to see if i can get it to work but i still have nothing PLEASE HELP THE PRE NOOBBBBB!!!!!
    Does anyone have an alternate link for v3.1? Filebin.ca seems to be down.
  5.    #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by brickschulo69 View Post
    im having a horrible issue i cant get to run i have verified the java instal 3times and rebooted several time when i double click the jar file i get this error ( java.io.filenotfoundException:http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar) i have even downloaded the palm webos doctor with novacom to see if i can get it to work but i still have nothing PLEASE HELP THE PRE NOOBBBBB!!!!!
    Sounds like you have an out-of-date version of WOSQI, that URL hasn't been used in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seedillume View Post
    Does anyone have an alternate link for v3.1? Filebin.ca seems to be down.
    I've updated the first post's download URL. You may need to clear browser cache, as it's the same URL as the old one on PreCentral
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I get an error with the themer. When I click on install theme (after putting the check mark in), it says that it can not connect to the prethemer site. (unable to connect to url). And it is a theme located in the prethemer feed.

Also, if I load a theme as an ipk, the themer does not recognize that I have a theme already installed. To uninstall, I use device management and select uninstall.

Is there anything I need to add to feeds, etc to be able to download and install the zip themes?
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    I spoke too soon. v3.1 fails as before now: "Device not found". Sigh. Back to troubleshooting. thorne

Hmm, when I plug in the Pre I no longer get the options to select USB or Just Charge. Had to reboot Windows to get those options back.
    I mean before I am it installs anything from within webos quick. I cannot install any patches or apps. it says installing and just hangs up there
    I have used webos a lot before, but now, I try to install any app or anything using webos, and it says

ERROR: An error has occurred while attempting to install .com.glu.app.wsop3.1_!_!.ipk

** message serviceResponse Handling 2 [ "returnValue": True. "ticket '10' Subscribed: 'true' ]

** message serviceResponse Handling 2 ["ticket '10' status: "FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL' ]
    So I can't install anything using webos ! What happened?

I reinstalled Java, did the novacom thing, etc!

Restarted my phone many times, also turned off and on developer mode...nothing has fixed it!

Please help!

Thanks

PS: I also tried on multiple computers.. both vista and both have worked before to transfer apps to the pre
  9.    #689  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdrift View Post
    I have used webos a lot before, but now, I try to install any app or anything using webos, and it says

So I can't install anything using webos ! What happened?

I reinstalled Java, did the novacom thing, etc!

Restarted my phone many times, also turned off and on developer mode...nothing has fixed it!

Please help!

Thanks

PS: I also tried on multiple computers.. both vista and both have worked before to transfer apps to the pre
    That's a result of the format switch to Palm's ApplicationInstallUtility, rather than direct ipkg install.

Sounds as though the ipk was probably built badly.

How was it built? Can ya PM me more info?

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    That's a result of the format switch to Palm's ApplicationInstallUtility, rather than direct ipkg install.

Jason do you have any answers for me?
    I'm desperate man!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts

I'm getting the same error's with webOSQI as darkdrift....

Launch PRE and stock as of right now(just came back from the doctor) for the first time after major crash & burn(was stuck at boot screen).

I'll attempt a few things and reboot the Pre again, see what will happen....

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc

It was actually all ipk's that I tried, even the homebrew gallery on precentral... I tried like 10 random apps to install, none worked. So I don't think it is the actualy ipk that is causing the problem.
    Since 3.1 I can't install any of the IPK's I've tried. Using a GSM Pre 1.4.1 in Dev mode, I've used WOSQI several times before but now when I try to install it says it's installing the IPK to the phone but it just hangs, I left it installing the systoolsmgr for 3 hours and it still said installing. Any hints?
    Quote Originally Posted by marxman.13 View Post
    Since 3.1 I can't install any of the IPK's I've tried. Using a GSM Pre 1.4.1 in Dev mode, I've used WOSQI several times before but now when I try to install it says it's installing the IPK to the phone but it just hangs, I left it installing the systoolsmgr for 3 hours and it still said installing. Any hints?
    Same thing here,
    since I got my cdma phone replaced have not been able to install anything and with the new ver of webosquick it just hangs
    its driving me crazy
    I've just tried a few more IPK's and myflashlight, advcalc and LEd manager are working and just installed correctly, but LED Torch and systoolsmgr definately don't work and just hang.
    Quote Originally Posted by marxman.13 View Post
    I've just tried a few more IPK's and myflashlight, advcalc and LEd manager are working and just installed correctly, but LED Torch and systoolsmgr definately don't work and just hang.
    I'm trying preware but it does the same on pretty much everything else I've tried as well
    i have tried to install the uber scaling app twice on two different pres with 3.1 and it doesnt work. switch back to 3.02 and installs no problem.
  18.    #698  
    k, I'm looking into the issue. Though for those with the issue, please give the full ipk filename causing the issue. All mention if you were in the process of restoring a Palm Profile or were concurrently downloading/installing App Catalog stuff.

Oh, and please double-check you're on version 3.1.

I need this information because I have not yet been able to reproduce the issue.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 04/18/2010 at 05:48 PM.

When I try to install the Call Duration in Call Log (U.S. version) patch via Tweaks > Online Repository I receive the same error. Going to Tools > Device management seems to work fine. However, I did not try to uninstall anything from there. Also, I do have a few tweaks that were applied with v3.01. I am not installing anything and have the phone in Dev Mode running 1.4.1.1 (Sprint). I am using Win7 Pro 64bit, have installed Java 6 update 17 for x86 & x64, Palm SDK for 64 bit (but that was six months ago), and of course v3.1

Update: I uninstalled Java and installed Update 20. I still have the same problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Seedillume; 04/18/2010 at 06:47 PM.
    k, I'm looking into the issue. Though for those with the issue, please give the full ipk filename causing the issue. All mention if you were in the process of restoring a Palm Profile or were concurrently downloading/installing App Catalog stuff.

Oh, and please double-check you're on version 3.1.

I need this information because I have not yet been able to reproduce the issue.

happens on all ipk's was not in any other process. New phone but I did doctor it to see if that helped (did not) 3.1