Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    thanks for sympathizing. I have never had a problem with webosquick before this and it is maddening! I'm sooo frustrated
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddi1314 View Post
    thanks for sympathizing. I have never had a problem with webosquick before this and it is maddening! I'm sooo frustrated
    Me too, Man. I've written Jason, read every thread on this issue, tried everything that was recommended (I won't doctor my Pre), and sometimes 1 solution works one day, another solution works another day, but today, nothing works. I've tried hard resets, soft resets, different USB ports, you name it.

At this point I'm ready to install via the manual method and bypass WebOSQI if anyone knows what that is. Is it just a matter of putting the phone in USB mode, copying the patch to the root directory (or is it /var/home/root?) and rebooting the phone? thorne
    Last edited by thornev; 04/15/2010 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Me too, Man. I've written Jason, read every thread on this issue, tried everything that was recommended (I won't doctor my Pre), and sometimes 1 solution works one day, another solution works another day, but today, nothing works. I've tried hard resets, soft resets, different USB ports, you name it.

At this point I'm ready to install via the manual method and bypass WebOSQI if anyone knows what that is. Is it just a matter of putting the phone in USB mode, copying the patch to the root directory (or is it /var/home/root?) and rebooting the phone? thorne
    let me know if you find a solution my phone feels useless without putting it back to the way it was before replacment.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    You have mytether installed, I'm guessing. Disable USBnet driver /RNDIS driver in windows driver management
    tring to install themes using webos. aftern i click load on the drop down menu get ,sorry theming is currently disabled until the new theming specifications is put in. can anyone help or direct me in the right direction?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I tried this command to get to my Pre:

novacom -t open tty://

but I get "unable to find device" which seems to be the same problem as not being able to get WebOSQI to see my Pre. I also tried PINGing my Pre (using its WiFi IP address) and I get all packets received and 0% packet loss. I don't understand why software on my Windows 7 x64 system cannot see the phone, but I can PING and connect the Pre in USB mode as a USB drive with no problems. thorne
  7.    #667  
    New version is here!

v3.1 - April 16, 2010
    - Now uses the Palm ApplicationInstallerUtility for ipk installation/removal
    - Added complete redone ipk-based Themer with Prethemer and PreCentral Theme Gallery support
    - Fixed GNU patch/lsdiff download error
    - Now uses patch-style ad blocker
    - Now uses updated iPhone User Agent Spoof
    - Fixed issue with post-removal flags not executing
    - Added support for RestartDevice post-install and post-removal flags
    - Feeds don't reload when changing between feeds in Ipkg Feed Viewer
    - Improved detection/handling of dead feeds
    - Various minor bugfixes

Download on link in first post or here.

Enjoy
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Awesome, thanks Jason
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Great timing I was bored and didn't feel like going out tonight.
    For some reason, it doesn't work for me. Every time I try to run it, I get an error message. It reads as follow:

The file '/home/********/Documents/Palm Hacking/WOSQI/WebOSQuickInstall.jar' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 64bit with java 6. Former version of WOSQI works without any problem!!!
    Last edited by PerfectLogic; 04/16/2010 at 09:48 PM.
  11.    #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectLogic View Post
    For some reason, it doesn't work for me. Every time I try to run it, I get an error message. It reads as follow:

The file '/home/fholtken/Documents/Palm Hacking/WOSQI/WebOSQuickInstall.jar' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 64bit with java 6. Former version of WOSQI works without any problem!!!
    Should be the same as the old version execution-wise. Just run the jar via Sun Java. Maybe manually mark it executable?

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Jason,
    love it. Glad to see themeing is back. Is there a reason you can't install a theme from a .zip? The theme I want (original blue theme) only installs correctly when you download the .zip and install with Version 2.9.
    by the way I tried to install both Original blue Themes in the list but neither installed fully. Not your fault. But the downloaded .zip does install right.
  14.    #674  
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    by the way I tried to install both Original blue Themes in the list but neither installed fully. Not your fault. But the downloaded .zip does install right.
    How do you mean not installed properly?

The zip format was removed due to novacom issues some people had. Besides the new themer works faster, more conveniently, and cleaner.

I'll be updating WebOS Theme Builder soon to allow ipk save option, so soon all zip themes will be reconvertable as ipk files.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    How do you mean not installed properly?

The zip format was removed due to novacom issues some people had. Besides the new themer works faster, more conveniently, and cleaner.

I'll be updating WebOS Theme Builder soon to allow ipk save option, so soon all zip themes will be reconvertable as ipk files.
    it is an issue with the theme from the two feeds not WOSQI. if you look that theme has two versions. one from pretheamer the other from precentral. neither one installs correctly. the author is aware of this and in his thread he is recomending everyone go back to 2.9 to put the theme on with the .zip file from precentral then going back to the latest WOSQI. I was just wondering about the .zip part and Quick Install. Just to clarify this is a theme issue not a WOSQI issue. WOSQI does its part right. its the two sperate feeds do not install the theme fully. They leave out certian parts of the theme. they say they are the same but there is 2mb diff. between the two.

Anyway you awensered my question. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    New version is here!

v3.1 - April 16, 2010

Download on link in first post or here.

Enjoy
    If I already have WOSQI 3.02 installed, can I just down load the "WebOSQuickInstall.jar" file, replace the one for 3.02, and start using that instead of going through the whole installation procedure shown in the 1st post?

Thanks,

Jordan
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Aha ! Version 3.1 WebOSQI works on my Pre !!!! I'm happy ! Version 3.02 did not. thorne

PS - I do get this error message whenever I install a patch:

"mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy"

But the patch seems to install OK anyway.
    Last edited by thornev; 04/17/2010 at 01:11 AM.
  18.    #678  
    Aha ! Version 3.1 WebOSQI works on my Pre !!!! I'm happy ! Version 3.02 did not. thorne

That's a known random bug. Restart your device and the bug will be gone

glad it works for you, I'm still having a similar issue, except now instead of saying it installed and not installing anything it just hangs when it says installing.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    "glad it works for you, I'm still having a similar issue, except now instead of saying it installed and not installing anything it just hangs when it says installing."

What do you mean "it installed"? You don't install WebOSQI. You download the JAR file and run it. Do you mean you put a patch in the WebOSQI window and press the Install button and it hangs? thorne