Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    Any one know when webos quick install will be updated?

Is it going to be 3.03 or 3.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    just a heads up, WOSQI 3.1 is coming very soon with several much-needed fixes/update
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkimus View Post
    tried everything still didnt work.......
    WebOS Quick Install v3.02 wont detect my phone

If you have not already look back up on this page or just a pager or to back for my post try that also attempt nova-com reinstall...
    I have tried to download a theme link for my Pre phone and I have followed the steps needed and I get this error messege that says

" Sorry Theme is currently disabled until a new themeing specification is put in place" How do I get around this to install the The original bl;ue theme that seemes to be downloaded by everyone else?

I need your help please...

Thanks in advance!

Lou M
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lem855 View Post
    I have tried to download a theme link for my Pre phone and I have followed the steps needed and I get this error messege that says

" Sorry Theme is currently disabled until a new themeing specification is put in place" How do I get around this to install the The original bl;ue theme that seemes to be downloaded by everyone else?

I need your help please...

Thanks in advance!

Lou M
    You have two choices.
    1. Get an older version of WOSQI. [2.9 is the last one that had the ability to install themes]
    2. Install and use PreWare to install the theme.

Original blue is awesome, btw. I'm using the Blue & Black theme right now, but usually end up going back to OB.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkimus View Post
    tried everything still didnt work.......
    WebOS Quick Install v3.02 wont detect my phone
    try unplugging any other usb devices.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heltoupee View Post
    Error on Linux - Ubuntu 9.10:

SEVERE: Application class ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp failed to launch
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Failed to retrieve atom name....
    Figured it out for anyone else having this problem. Evidently, java apps that create windows using a certain toolkit on X are incompatible with a desktop-sharing application called "Synergy" - Synergy . Particularly, this error was caused by running the server portion of the application on the machine when trying to run WebOSQI. Now, Vuze uses the same toolkits and doesn't have this problem, so there's probably some magic words that WebOSQI's programmer needs to say before creating the window to stop this from happening, but at least there's a workaround now for those of us that need it.
    im having problems with the virtual keyboard working.. I was able to install the patch then i tried to use it and ive gestered over 110 times lol and nothing comes up...? any suggestions? I have also tried to theme but i get msg.

"Sorry, theming currently disabled untill the new theming specification is put in place."

Am I forgetting to install something before using themes?

Thanks
    the service bar on the top of my pre is missing i dont know how please help.
    Hey, I had to get a replacment phone today. installed the new version of webos quick and connected the phone no problem, but it won't install anything. when I try to install preware it shows that it is installing on the screen but doesn't install onto the phone (also doesn't show up in device managment under applications in webos quick of course) and if I try to install anything else I get error occured while attempting to insall.com. ect ect
    begin installation of .com.ect ect
    installing .com. ect ect
    an error occured, return value 28
    collected errors
    only have 0 available blocks on filesystem .media.cryptoofs/apps,pkg com ect needs 1
    bad statfs

can anyone help me?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    are there any plans to fix the themer? Thanks in advance!!
    Hi
    I had a Wxp Sp3 in my pc.

I have a error when "Attempt novacom reeinstalation"

systeminfo.exe ha detectado un error y debe cerrarse.
    systeminfo ??
    I had problems, with webos quick install. Sometimes no detect the Pre connected by Usb cable.
    Last edited by morrit; 04/14/2010 at 01:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosox7827 View Post
    are there any plans to fix the themer? Thanks in advance!!
    It will be fixed in a future update... but Jason has been busy.
    In the meantime, you can use an older version of WOSQI or Preware to install themes. The new WOSQI can still remove a theme and bring you back to stock, if that's all you want.
    can anyone tell me why I can run webosquick and it says it is installing things on my pre but doesn't install anything?
    In comment #3 in this thread there is an excellent troubleshooting guide:

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm getting "ERROR: No device found."
    Common error. Two main reasons this could occur:
    However, none of those tips are solving my problem ... WebOSQuickInstall still says "Error: No device detected" ... scratching my head at this point because I've tried everything. But, this is my first time too.

- Running 1.4.1.1, WebOSQuickInstall 3.0.2, Java 1.6.0_19
    - I'm in dev mode. I've toggled this several times. Restarted phone and computer several times.
    - Palm Novacom is running in services.msc. I've restarted it. Done several installs.
    - I've tried two different OEM USB cables in three different powered USB ports on my Windows XP laptop.
    - I've selected USB, not emulator
    - I've chosen "Just charge". (When I switch into USB drive mode, I can connect properly to my phone from my computer).

Is there anything else I'm missing or any other voodoo chants I've forgotten?
    I guess it never fails ... things finally work as soon as you post that it doesn't.

But here's where I think it failed for me ... usability of the Developmer Mode toggle switch. I find it very contradictory, and I couldn't tell whether it was on or off.

The "On" label is showing in the toggle, but the message says, "Turn Developer mode on to turn on Developer Services on the device." So, it seems to imply that Developer Mode is off so you better slide the toggle to On.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the message is backward.
    Not sure if this has been posted - running Mac OS. I installed WOSQI but when i run it, nothing happens which i click on blue arrow. Clicking on anything in the toolbar just highlights that option but doesn't do anything (so, for example, if I click on Tools -> Options, it just highlights Options but doesn't give me an options menu). Have deleted, redownloaded, reinstalled. Any help?
    bueno nesecito ayuda a ver quien puede ayudarme con este lio bueno aki va mi caso tengo el palm pre entonce yo lo use muy bien y todo en usa pero cuando vine para mi pais me lo traje entonce que pasa tube que entrarle doctor ya saben jaja asi que ahora no puedo hacer perfil por que no estoy en usa para que llege la coneccion entonce hay alguna forma de hackear para ponder usar el celular sin perfil o algo asi para ponder tirar foto navergar con wifi ayuda espero que alguien sepa oque programa necesito.
    Recently I installed an ipk to have faster card animations. After this patch all of my other patches no longer show as installed in WOSQI or Preware. The patches are still installed and work, they just don't show anymore in either program, just like they were never installed...

I searched for an answer but probably used the wrong terms and came up with nothing. Has anyone experienced this before? How do I fix it?

Fixed with linux app in Preware....
    Last edited by dutchman71; 04/15/2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Fixed
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    bigdaddi1314,

I can't answer your question but at least I can sympathize because I've had the same problem for 2 weeks. I've decided to just wait until WebOS 3.1 is ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrit View Post
    Hi
    I had a Wxp Sp3 in my pc.
    I have a error when "Attempt novacom reeinstalation"
    I had problems, with webos quick install. Sometimes no detect the Pre connected by Usb cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by packemup View Post
    In comment #3 in this thread there is an excellent troubleshooting guide:
    However, none of those tips are solving my problem ... WebOSQuickInstall still says "Error: No device detected" ... scratching my head at this point because I've tried everything. But, this is my first time too.

- Running 1.4.1.1, WebOSQuickInstall 3.0.2, Java 1.6.0_19
    - I'm in dev mode. I've toggled this several times. Restarted phone and computer several times.
    - Palm Novacom is running in services.msc. I've restarted it. Done several installs.
    - I've tried two different OEM USB cables in three different powered USB ports on my Windows XP laptop.
    - I've selected USB, not emulator
    - I've chosen "Just charge". (When I switch into USB drive mode, I can connect properly to my phone from my computer).

Is there anything else I'm missing or any other voodoo chants I've forgotten?

Hi. I use the rear usb in mi pc, and connect OK.Thanks