Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    nvm, must be server, worked after about 6-7 tries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    just a heads up, WOSQI 3.1 is coming very soon with several much-needed fixes/update
    I just got my Pre Plus (Verizon) yesterday, and updated it to 1.4.0 from the Updates screen. I've not yet installed anything on it (other than a few free apps from the official app catalog).

Obviously I'm eager to get going with homebrew apps and patches. Would I be wise to just wait for WOSQI 3.1? Is it coming in a day or two? Or should I just proceed with WOSQI 3.02?
    I have been using WOSQI with no problems other than user error for a few weeks. I used it on the laptop and then decided to move to the desktop tonight and I tried to open QuickInstall and it said "fatal error... program will exit". So, I deleted everything and reinstalled and it is saying the same thing... does anyone have experience or advice on what I should do? I even tried just running the program rather than keeping it saved, so I don't know what the issue is. Please help.
    First Alltel "smartphone" HTC Touch (4 devices); then HTC Diamond (1 device); then Blackberry Pearl 8130 (1 device; the Blackberry Curve 8330 (6 devices due to becoming Verizon customer ); then.... Finally the wondrous and amazing Palm Pre and I will never go back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    But seriously... I just did a few searches and couldn't find anything related to WOSQI that didn't lead back hear. I saw some forum activity, on other forums, but again, all links pointed here.
    IMHO, anyone who gets a virus by finding and downloading something like this that they don't know about, deserves it. And three people got it? What the heck does that coffee shop serve?

If gitit didn't have the "stats", I'd say that they were a n00b or a troll trying to cause trouble. That not being the case, they must just have some stupid friends.
    [let the flaming start]
    LOL i know people dont know how to protect there PC but they did get it and the file was called WebOS Quick Install And plus people here and campus are forced to use trend micro office scan (total crap by the way) and it did not protect them one little bit... And thanks for not calling me a noob lol i have modded so many pre's well over 100 now...
    For you people having problems with WebOS QI try the following...

2. Plug the phone into your computer
    3. Ignore the wizard that comes up asking for driver software.
    4. Navigate to the device manager, by hitting start button and typing "Device Manager" in the search box and click on it when results appear.
    5. You will see a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget" in the lest. Right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    6. In the wizard that came up, clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    7. In the next page, Clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    8. Chose "Network Adapter" in the list for type of hardware
    9. Under "Manufacturer", Chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    10. In "Network Adapter", chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then click Next and complete the wizard.

From my experience On Vista x64 and 7 x64 this will not work until you set up Ethernet gadget device driver... But it seems on XP 32 and vista 32 you don't need this... So give this a shot if you cant get webos qi to see your device hope this helps...
    Heads up i am sure this has been posted more then once but for you newbies here is a bit of info since webOS 1.4 i have had probs installing lsdiff and GNU Patch via the tweaks section how ever if you ad them in one at a time all is good just click the blue down arrow go to the WebOS internals Feed (Pre) and down load and install both lsdiff and GNU patch then you can go in to the Tweaks section and MOD away Don't hate for riposting but i get asked this a lot so i decided to pop it in here...
    How can I get an copy of a whole folder off my pre using QI??
  8. P6
    Jason O-Great One,

Thanks for all your hard work...These WebOS updates are starting to wear on me though. Seems like everytime there is a WebOS my phone is in limbo for what seems like forever until I can take an entire day off to correct it. I pushed off the 1.4.1 as long as I could and got caught. The phone updated before I could remove all patches. It seems as your AUPT has worked flawlessly on all apps and most patches but am having problems with three patches. Tried removing them via Preware and WOSQI...no luck in either--see attached for error log via WOSQI.

Not all that techie and way to busy to be doing this stuff all the time but need to learn--in layman's terms--what to do about these...? Do I need to doctor and start from scratch?

Best regards,
    Dennis
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    First off, AUPT is teh gr8est!

AUPT works for everything but the Hide Nascar patch. Started happening after WOSQI 3.02. At this point I just want the *$&! thing off! Started

Can't remove in PreWare (get an ipkg error: Failure during pre-remove script execution)

When trying to get into Tweaks in WOSQI get one of the two scenarios:

Scenario 1. "error 5: command: put file:///media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/arch.conf Reply:file open failed"

Then it asks to install the GNU Patch and Lsdiff after each time I attempt to remove the Nascar patch. Which is cool and I can install one at a time (not two at a time or it craps out), but after installation.

Scenario 2. After installing the GNU/Lsdiff patch and going into Tweaks:

"....version of webOS has updated...needs to transition patches to this new version" Yes/No.

Yes = error occurred attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh, patching file usr/palm/applications/com.handon.app.nascar/appinfo.json

and continues to loop while trying to update the patch. This is preventing me from running the EPR which would, I think, help to solve. Alas I can't get in.

No = dumps out of Tweak window.

Alls I wants ta do is run the EPR. The phone runs great otherwise. I just can't utilize the Update All feature afterwards and have to do them one at a time. Not a big deal and all...but now that I can't use Tweaks in WOSQI? I'm thinking something bigger is going on.

Uber frustrating.

Any help is appreciated.

-Trollark
    i had device not found error. Way to fix it was to unplug all other usb devices (in my case a logitech steering wheel).
    Yes = error occurred attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh, patching file usr/palm/applications/com.handon.app.nascar/appinfo.json

and continues to loop while trying to update the patch. This is preventing me from running the EPR which would, I think, help to solve. Alas I can't get in.

No = dumps out of Tweak window.

I'm feeling your pain Trollark. I'm having the same looping problem.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seaprompt View Post
    I'm feeling your pain Trollark. I'm having the same looping problem.
    Me three!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Error on Linux - Ubuntu 9.10:

If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.1.1
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    64bit. Tried 64bit and 32bit versions of java.
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    Yes.
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.
    Please let me know if you need anything else from me. It's just a Linux problem, because it looks specific to X11.

SEVERE: Application class ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp failed to launch
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Failed to retrieve atom name.
    at sun.awt.X11.XlibWrapper.XGetAtomName(Native Method)
    at sun.awt.X11.XAtom.getName(XAtom.java:169)
    at sun.awt.X11.XDataTransferer.getTargetNameForAtom(XDataTransferer.java:123)
    at sun.awt.X11.XDataTransferer.getNativeForFormat(XDataTransferer.java:112)
    at sun.awt.datatransfer.DataTransferer.getFlavorsForFormatsAsSet(DataTransferer.java:845)
    at sun.awt.datatransfer.SunClipboard.formatArrayAsDataFlavorSet(SunClipboard.java:333)
    at sun.awt.datatransfer.SunClipboard.addFlavorListener(SunClipboard.java:361)
    at org.jdesktop.application.TextActions.<init>(TextActions.java:65)
    at org.jdesktop.application.ActionManager$KeyboardFocusPCL.<init>(ActionManager.java:184)
    at org.jdesktop.application.ActionManager.initProxyActionSupport(ActionManager.java:109)
    at org.jdesktop.application.ActionManager.getActionMap(ActionManager.java:102)
    at org.jdesktop.application.ActionManager.getActionMap(ActionManager.java:174)
    at org.jdesktop.application.ApplicationContext.getActionMap(ApplicationContext.java:290)
    at ca.canucksoftware.MainView.initComponents(MainView.java:695)
    at ca.canucksoftware.MainView.<init>(MainView.java:60)
    at ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp.startup(WebOSQuickInstallApp.java:66)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.Error: Application class ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp failed to launch
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:177)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Failed to retrieve atom name.
    at sun.awt.X11.XlibWrapper.XGetAtomName(Native Method)
    at sun.awt.X11.XAtom.getName(XAtom.java:169)
    at sun.awt.X11.XDataTransferer.getTargetNameForAtom(XDataTransferer.java:123)
    at sun.awt.X11.XDataTransferer.getNativeForFormat(XDataTransferer.java:112)
    at sun.awt.datatransfer.DataTransferer.getFlavorsForFormatsAsSet(DataTransferer.java:845)
    at sun.awt.datatransfer.SunClipboard.formatArrayAsDataFlavorSet(SunClipboard.java:333)
    at sun.awt.datatransfer.SunClipboard.addFlavorListener(SunClipboard.java:361)
    at org.jdesktop.application.TextActions.<init>(TextActions.java:65)
    at org.jdesktop.application.ActionManager$KeyboardFocusPCL.<init>(ActionManager.java:184)
    at org.jdesktop.application.ActionManager.initProxyActionSupport(ActionManager.java:109)
    at org.jdesktop.application.ActionManager.getActionMap(ActionManager.java:102)
    at org.jdesktop.application.ActionManager.getActionMap(ActionManager.java:174)
    at org.jdesktop.application.ApplicationContext.getActionMap(ApplicationContext.java:290)
    at ca.canucksoftware.MainView.initComponents(MainView.java:695)
    at ca.canucksoftware.MainView.<init>(MainView.java:60)
    at ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp.startup(WebOSQuickInstallApp.java:66)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    ... 8 more

I've tried both 32bit and 64bit versions of the JRE. Still no dice. Older versions of WebOSQI have worked just fine. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by heltoupee; 04/10/2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Providing Jason the needed info
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    How can I get an copy of a whole folder off my pre using QI??
    You can use WebOSQI's (main menu) Tools->Linux Commandline, Tools->Receive File and Tools->Delete File/Directory. Let's say you wanted to get all the photos off the Pre at one time...

1) Issue the following command using the Linux Commandline:
    tar -cvvf /media/internal/photos.tar /media/internal/DCIM/100PALM/
    2) Use Receive File to move photos.tar to your PC
    3) Use Delete File/Directory to remove photos.tar from the Pre
    4) Untar or use a current version of WinZip to extract the photos from the file on your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Heads up i am sure this has been posted more then once but for you newbies here is a bit of info since webOS 1.4 i have had probs installing lsdiff and GNU Patch via the tweaks section how ever if you ad them in one at a time all is good just click the blue down arrow go to the WebOS internals Feed (Pre) and down load and install both lsdiff and GNU patch then you can go in to the Tweaks section and MOD away Don't hate for riposting but i get asked this a lot so i decided to pop it in here...
    Thanks gitit20, that was exactly what I needed to get mine going... the automatic install when I went into tweaks failed every time, but I remembered seeing your post here... sure enough, that worked perfectly. I'm ready to tweak!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Thanks gitit20, that was exactly what I needed to get mine going... the automatic install when I went into tweaks failed every time, but I remembered seeing your post here... sure enough, that worked perfectly. I'm ready to tweak!
    Cool glad i was able to help Have fun tweaking away...

Royce
    I have been having a problem with Preware 0.9.35 since updating Sprint Pre to WebOS 1.4.1.1. I decided to remove Preware and its service, but when I started WOSQI 3.02, none of my installed apps showed up under Device Management other that Package Management Service. I removed that service and then download and reinistalled Preware and its related service. There was no benefit. WOSQI still doesn't show my installed packages nor does Preware. My installed apps are working, however.
    Bill
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    I have been having a problem with Preware 0.9.35 since updating Sprint Pre to WebOS 1.4.1.1. I decided to remove Preware and its service, but when I started WOSQI 3.02, none of my installed apps showed up under Device Management other that Package Management Service. I removed that service and then download and reinistalled Preware and its related service. There was no benefit. WOSQI still doesn't show my installed packages nor does Preware. My installed apps are working, however.
    Known problem. Run the ERU ("Emergency Reconstruction Utility") found in Preware. Choose "list everything" and just beginning typing "emergency" and the utility will pop up. Install and your apps and patches will reappear in both Preware and QI.
    Any one know when webos quick install will be updated?

Is it going to be 3.03 or 3.1?
    tried everything still didnt work.......
    WebOS Quick Install v3.02 wont detect my phone