Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Me too. It always takes a couple days to a week for the developers to adjust to new upgrades, so I expect it. I'm just thankful for their contribution!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    Well, having made all of the mistakes and being a complete nubie to the Palm Pre Plus and WebOS, I spent a great portion last night reading all 30 pages of this thread - *every* post, plus the content of this thread:
    1.4 issue with gnu patch and lsdiff

I learned as much about this community as I did WebOS QI and, IMO, both are pretty cool. As a result, happy to report everything, (including Preware), is now working just fine on my equipment.

Oh, one fellow asked multiple times if there wasn't a way to install preware without using QI, (which is a bit off-topic for this thread), but it was hidden in a one-word post in that 2nd thread - here ya go.

(Now I've gotta go back and read up on Jason's cool little app to turn Development mode on/off without all the typing. Yep, I'm another one of those lazy old guys!).
    Great 1st post. Welcome to the PreCentral community from one old coot to another!
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Just use Preware and download the patch for 'show developer icon'.

Rob
    Hi Rob, yep - Preware would have done it, and that IS the easy way - but I wanted to learn more about WebOS QI... For me, it makes sense to learn about the tools that will help me when/if the phone goes kaput than to only use Apps on it that I wouldn't have access to when I needed them. (I think many folks may be over-looking that possibility until it happens and they find themselves up the creek without a paddle). Both WebOS QI and Preware fall in the category of "essential tools" IMO. I'll probably tend to use Preware more as time goes bye, (used it to install a couple of patches last night after learning to install them on QI), but definitely plan to keep a copy of the latest QI on my notebook regardless.

Gotta say it - I am what they user name implies - an "old geek" - technologically out-of-date compared to life before retirement, but have already fallen in lust for WebOS - this stuff is scratching and old itch I didn't realize was still around!

I'm running Ubuntu on my notebook and REALLY got a kick out of establishing a USB connect with the Pre Plus and simply using nautilus to transfer over a mess of MP3's and stuff.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Very strange. Every time I go into Tweaks, I get a message about WebOS having recently updated and it wants to make sure the patches are ok. I click OK; it gets an error on SMS Tone per Contact and fixes "unknownringtone"; I click Done; it starts over again. Every time.
    I'm having a similar problem. I tried using WebOS Quick Install and keep getting the following message. Does anyone know what I can do?

An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored see webos-patches.log for more details
    Dear All,

I updated to 1.41 (in UK and wanted paid for apps, most of which still waiting for).

Plugged in to Quick Install. Went to tweaks. AUPT started. Updated all 51 patches but

1) SMS tones per contact
    2) Brightness in Device menu
    3) Named pages in application Launcher

(3) Can apparently be fixed by removing other launcher patches first.

None of these three delete or update either with preware or quickinstall.

I can live without the patches (sniff, sniff) but as every time I start tweaks quickinstall starts trying to AUPT again and then comes back to the main screen, so I can't go to the styling mods page to squarify the screen - which I really, really want. I don't like the rounded corners !

Is there any other way to squarify the screen ? Is there a way to stop QuickInstall trying to run AUPT ?

Love my Pre and love the playing around with it. Android = deadroid, Ipod smypod !
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    Dear All,

I updated to 1.41 (in UK and wanted paid for apps, most of which still waiting for).

Plugged in to Quick Install. Went to tweaks. AUPT started. Updated all 51 patches but

1) SMS tones per contact
    2) Brightness in Device menu
    3) Named pages in application Launcher

(3) Can apparently be fixed by removing other launcher patches first.

None of these three delete or update either with preware or quickinstall.

I can live without the patches (sniff, sniff) but as every time I start tweaks quickinstall starts trying to AUPT again and then comes back to the main screen, so I can't go to the styling mods page to squarify the screen - which I really, really want. I don't like the rounded corners !

Is there any other way to squarify the screen ? Is there a way to stop QuickInstall trying to run AUPT ?

Love my Pre and love the playing around with it. Android = deadroid, Ipod smypod !
    The patches will conflict with eachother if you have a certain/different patch installed that does either the same thing, or something similar.

Example, the Brightness in Device Menu patch, that function is included in quite a few other patches, and as a result, if one of the other patches is applied, you will recieve an error for the other.
    1 - Device Menu Ultramix
    2 - Device Menu Megamix
    3 - Add Brightness Control to Top Bar Device Menu

Same with the Named Pages in Launcher, there is an Enable Tabs in Launcher patch (name might be slightly off), that same thing, if it is installed, the other will not install and you recieve the error..

I know that there is at least 2 patches that to the Tone per Contact function..

good luck.
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 04/02/2010 at 04:55 AM.
    Jason -- I am having a problem installing the Universal Search Command Line patch, getting errors that certain files are already installed and it's canceling the patch install.

Per dsevil's instructions (here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2090277 ) , I tried deleting certain files using webOS QI (e.g. /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/calculator.jsjsjs , /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$uscl$-$help$-$command$-$list$.$js$ , $etc$).

However, it wasn't working because it doesn't look like those files are actually being deleted, as confirmed through InternalZ. can you check to see if there is an issue with the "delete files/folders" functionality with webOS QI? And, becuase the are /usr/ files, InternalZ won't let me delete these files.

any suggestions?

Thanks
    Adam
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Jason,

Do you intend to fix the dialer background tweak so that we could get rid of the annoying green colour which shows up everywhere even when we've tweaked the dialer pad background? I know I've asked this before but unless I've missed it, I don't think you ever responded. Thanks!
    I am using Palm Pre Plus on Verizon. I followed all instructions and troubleshoots. When I click on tweaks, it tells me it is downloading the gnu and lsdiff files. I restart and go back in but I keep getting the same error message, that these files need to be istalled. Can not use tweaks at all. What did I miss?
    Quote Originally Posted by bsk1976 View Post
    I am using Palm Pre Plus on Verizon. I followed all instructions and troubleshoots. When I click on tweaks, it tells me it is downloading the gnu and lsdiff files. I restart and go back in but I keep getting the same error message, that these files need to be istalled. Can not use tweaks at all. What did I miss?
    I got that too, just go and get the files and download them manually.

Use the 'down' arrow and choose the Webos for Pre or for ALL, those files are not in the Precentral area but the WebOS internals areas.

Download them and click install, then reboot the phone and all should be well.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rajpaul View Post
    The only person who can answer that question is Jason, the developer. And as he has chosen to be concerned with other issues at the moment (based on a scan of his posts over the last few days) I'm not sure how much point there is in repeatedly asking here.

In case you did not know, you can still install themes using the on-phone app Preware. It can be downloaded using WebOS Quick Install from the web-os-internals (all) feed. Hopefully that will satisfy your theme craving.
    I can understand priorities ...... but here is my situation: I installed a theme on my wifes 1.4.1.1 phone and the install went awry to where the theme partially installed. It will not uninstall through preware (thats where I installed from). In the past when I had this type of issue I would load up QI and restore the default theme, np. Now 3.02 does not support themer so my wifes phone is stuck..... any advice???????
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I encourage others to follow in my steps.

I ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DONATE TO AS MANY WORTHY DEVELOPERS AS YOU CAN. If we all send a small donation it will encourage them to further their work on this platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by jihoonie View Post
    I'm having a similar problem. I tried using WebOS Quick Install and keep getting the following message. Does anyone know what I can do?

An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored see webos-patches.log for more details
    same here. ready to throw this thing through a window. any help appreciated...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    I can understand priorities ...... but here is my situation: I installed a theme on my wifes 1.4.1.1 phone and the install went awry to where the theme partially installed. It will not uninstall through preware (thats where I installed from). In the past when I had this type of issue I would load up QI and restore the default theme, np. Now 3.02 does not support themer so my wifes phone is stuck..... any advice???????
    I'm in the same boat right now. An abortive installation of Nevermore last week led to a few errant icons appearing for the first time tonight when I went to install another theme. And after uninstalling that new theme, PreWare doesn't think I have a theme installed, which I guess I technically don't, though the icons for Nevermore are now again visible for a few apps.

The only advice I've come up with on the board here is to install an older version of QI and revert to default with that. I should mention that the advice also said something about just saying yes to the errors that will pop up, so I'm not really convinced this is the best way to go. In addition, I haven't actually been able to find any links to past versions of QI, so that's also a thing.

You might just consider for the time being finding a really detailed theme on PreWare and installing it over whatever the phone seems to think is your current default. At least it would be consistent until the themer is back in QI.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Sorry, or you can use WebOS Doctor to reset your wife's phone entirely. That would definitely work.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I've been using WOSQI since last November and have never had an issue that couldn't be trouble shot with a little careful reading and thought..

Just came through to say THANK YOU!! and visit the donate link!
    Sprint|Palm Pre|1.4.1.1
  17.    #597  
    just a heads up, WOSQI 3.1 is coming very soon with several much-needed fixes/update
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Jason,

Do you intend to fix the dialer background tweak so that we could get rid of the annoying green colour which shows up everywhere even when we've tweaked the dialer pad background? I know I've asked this before but unless I've missed it, I don't think you ever responded. Thanks!
    why don't you just send two files to your palm with a black background and its done...

I just did it and it worked perfectly:

I send two files (backdrop-phone.png and backdrop-firstuse.png) with WOSQI to the following dir:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/

thats it....

Good luck ;-)

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mind_bldr View Post
    same here. ready to throw this thing through a window. any help appreciated...
    After updating last week. I had same problem as others, couldn't reinstall multi-mod.

I had the multi-mod patch stuck and used EPR. Now EPR removed all but 3 of my patches and can't update or uninstall. I tried deleting via Preware & webOS QI. Can anyone help?

Stuck packages:

4x4 App Launcher
    Lower Swap Threshold
    Video Downloads

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo.308 View Post
    why don't you just send two files to your palm with a black background and its done...

I just did it and it worked perfectly:

I send two files (backdrop-phone.png and backdrop-firstuse.png) with WOSQI to the following dir:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/

thats it....

Good luck ;-)

Thanks! Excellent idea but I think you have the wrong files. I'm looking to get rid of the "green" background which shows through in different areas when using the phone app.

When I retrieve "backdrop-firstuse.png", I get a picture of the sky. Definitely not the "green" background I'm trying to get rid of.

When I retrieve "backdrop-phone.png" I get the correct "black" background for my phone. This is already installed on my phone.

So, is there a list of all the names of the images located in this directory that I can retrieve or is there a way to retrieve all of the images at once and then I could manually change the "green" ones?