Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    thx for all ur hard work!

just wondering if this update works for the Palm Pre Plus for verizon
    since previously (two days ago exactly) i tried the tutorial and it went horrendous for me.
    Nothing worked.

thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    One solution, open /media/internal/.webosinternals.patches.packages
    and remove the package names that are not on your device
    That worked. Thank you!

As a tip to others, I had to not only remove the text but delete the remaining blank line from the .webosinternals.patches.packages* file.
    For some reason I can't click anything in quick install. It was happening with the last version also.
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Anyone having an issue where it just keeps redownloading the Webos Doctor?
    I am. I'm going to let the current WebOS Doctor download finish, see if it works, and if it doesn't I'll delete anything WOQI related and try redownloading everything. Let's hope it works. :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by irishtexmex View Post
    I am. I'm going to let the current WebOS Doctor download finish, see if it works, and if it doesn't I'll delete anything WOQI related and try redownloading everything. Let's hope it works. :-/
    I downloaded the Doctor 5 times. Then I deleted WOQI and redownloaded and tried it from each of my three browsers...nothing works.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium by the way.
    that happened to me it downloaded webos doctor into the wrong folder search your comp for it and move it into the folder with webosqi

Thanks. I was having the same trouble as the others. When I said YES, it error'ed out, so I noticed which (in my case, two) packages it was crapping out on. They were both packages that were no longer installed on my device.

I went into /media/internal/.webosinternals.patches.packages and removed mention of those two packages, and now the TWEAKS option runs just fine.

Thanks Jason. Amazing work as usual!
    org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard

Because of this I cant get into my tweeks. Is there a way around this?
    Last edited by stu5797; 02/01/2010 at 08:54 PM.
  9.    #49  
    A fix will be out tomorrow. For now, just relax
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Do we need to uninstall the patches we have installed with 2.96?
    Just everyone be aware you will potentially break EPR (well cause it to miss some package data) if you modify this file, so make sure you don't do this after the official fix is released by Jason.
    Last edited by egaudet; 02/01/2010 at 09:03 PM.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Thanks for this! Looks nice.

I use Preware and WQI to put patches on my phone. Recently I took some off with Preware. When I plug phone in and open WQI, it wants to put those BACK ON. why is it doing this?

i even let it put it on and took of with WQI but net boot it wants to put it back on..again. (its the Wrap pages patch).
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Wo Ha! Trumpets are going off, people are dancing in the street!

Thank you Jason for all your hard work!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Just everyone be aware you will potentially break EPR (well cause it to miss some package data) if you modify this file, so make sure you don't do this after the official fix is released by Jason.
    So it's ok if we did it before the official fix is released? It was only one patch that I recently uninstalled that I removed from the list so should I add it back, or will it not matter once the fix is released?
    I don't think I'm the only one, but doctor is downloading over and over again for some reason.

No need to reply, as I already read that Jason is fixing something for tomorrow.

Just wanted to say I was having the same issue.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

+1 on doctor going over and ovr I downloaded it like 3 times tonight. Thought it was my slow computer
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Do we need to uninstall the patches we have installed with 2.96?
    Not only don't you have to do this, but 3.0 will recognize all patches installed by both WOSQI as well as Preware (if it's one of the patches that WOSQI installs)! It didn't do this in prior versions.
    Wonderful.

My only question is: "When is the Themer going to be working?"
    FYI I am getting the same error. After downloading the WebOSquickinstall, I run it, but it keeps asking me to install the webOSdoctorewwverizon.jar file. It keeps downloading, and never seems to finish. If this helps: It reaches 100% every time, and then states it is processing the download, but then as soon as it hangs on that message for maybe 10 seconds it starts over with a new message "webOSdoctor needs to be installed."

I tried searching for this file but I do not believe it is finishing the download because it does not exist on my PC. Not sure what else to do. Hope this helps somehow.

I needs me some DopeWars!
    Having a problem with 3.0 & 2.96.

2.96 Was working before don't how or when it got messed up.

1: Pre in DEV Mode
    2: Java 1.6 Installed
    3: Novacom installed. It shows in services as "started"
    4: I put 2.96 or 3.0 in a folder with WebOS Doctor (only 1 version of WebOs Quick Install at a time with the Doctor.

5: When I go to WebOS Quick Install under "Device Management"
    It does show installed APPS. But if I click on the blue button arrow it does nothing. (No errors, nothing)

I tried restarting phone, computer several times, took phone out of Dev mode then back in several times,un-installed novacom & reinstalled several time with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Having a problem with 3.0 & 2.96.

2.96 Was working before don't how or when it got messed up.

1: Pre in DEV Mode
    2: Java 1.6 Installed
    3: Novacom installed. It shows in services as "started"
    4: I put 2.96 or 3.0 in a folder with WebOS Doctor (only 1 version of WebOs Quick Install at a time with the Doctor.

5: When I go to WebOS Quick Install under "Device Management"
    It does show installed APPS. But if I click on the blue button arrow it does nothing. (No errors, nothing)

I tried restarting phone, computer several times, took phone out of Dev mode then back in several times,un-installed novacom & reinstalled several time with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael
    check ur internet connection? maybe the feeds r down?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast