Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Found the answer here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2311763

/edit: I'm sure it has been covered before, but I can't find an answer -should I do a Luna restart after EVERY tweak is installed?
    whenever i click on the blue dropdown button to get apps, nothing happens. I have the latest version of quick install and am in dev mode. The tweaks and device managments pops up but not the blue dropdown, help please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Found the answer here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2311763

/edit: I'm sure it has been covered before, but I can't find an answer -should I do a Luna restart after EVERY tweak is installed?
    It's up to you. It's really not necessary but it doesn't hurt either. Some may automatically do a luna restart after you install them (I think changing boot screens might do it but I can't remember right now).

I've added several tweaks and then do a luna restart afterwards. Worked fine.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    hi guys. Can someone tell me please when the themer is going to be active again? Thanks in advance. and i would really hope to get an answer as i've seen that other users that poped this question where ignored. Thanks.
    Palm apparently has 64-bit Novacom for Linux now. I found it here:

64-bit Novacom download

Maybe this could be added to the first post?
    Jason, I tried to run Quickinstall after the upgrade and apparently there are some patches which were on my phone still and the system cannot convert to the new version. Here's the error I got, how can I get rid of them? HELP PLEASE
    Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.phone-close-slider-to-end-calls
    Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.phone-enable-dialpad-vibration
    Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.calculator-enable-vibration
    Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-timestamps-clean
    Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.misc-unthrottle-download-manager
    Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-video-downloads
    ive tried all the different trouble shooting things but it still says "no device"
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    hayden, detach ALL usb devices except for the Pre, then restart the novacom service.
    Quote Originally Posted by LVRealtor View Post
    hayden, detach ALL usb devices except for the Pre, then restart the novacom service.
    im running windows 7 and i tried it on another computer with xp and it worked so i dont know whats going on there
    I just installed webos on my pc and tryed to plug up my palm pre and a error keeps on telling me its not pluged in what do i need to do please help
    With no active card running, type in upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

An icon will appear. Tap it. Once developer mode is open, turn it on. Upon restarting, plug it back into the computer, tap just charging, and run WebOS Quick Install.
    Last edited by Seedillume; 03/30/2010 at 03:51 PM.
    2nd try
    hi guys. Can someone tell me please when the themer is going to be active again? Thanks in advance. and i would really hope to get an answer as i've seen that other users that poped this question where ignored. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedillume View Post
    With no active card running, type in upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

An icon will appear. Tap it. Once developer mode is open, turn it on. Upon restarting, plug it back into the computer, tap just charging, and run WebOS Quick Install.
    It's easier if you type:

webos20090606

Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesoftwiz View Post
    2nd try
    The only person who can answer that question is Jason, the developer. And as he has chosen to be concerned with other issues at the moment (based on a scan of his posts over the last few days) I'm not sure how much point there is in repeatedly asking here.

In case you did not know, you can still install themes using the on-phone app Preware. It can be downloaded using WebOS Quick Install from the web-os-internals (all) feed. Hopefully that will satisfy your theme craving.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rajpaul View Post
    In case you did not know, you can still install themes using the on-phone app Preware. It can be downloaded using WebOS Quick Install from the web-os-internals (all) feed. Hopefully that will satisfy your theme craving.
    What about our custom themes
    This is why I've been waiting...
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    +1
    Well, having made all of the mistakes and being a complete nubie to the Palm Pre Plus and WebOS, I spent a great portion last night reading all 30 pages of this thread - *every* post, plus the content of this thread:
    1.4 issue with gnu patch and lsdiff

I learned as much about this community as I did WebOS QI and, IMO, both are pretty cool. As a result, happy to report everything, (including Preware), is now working just fine on my equipment.

Oh, one fellow asked multiple times if there wasn't a way to install preware without using QI, (which is a bit off-topic for this thread), but it was hidden in a one-word post in that 2nd thread - here ya go.

(Now I've gotta go back and read up on Jason's cool little app to turn Development mode on/off without all the typing. Yep, I'm another one of those lazy old guys!).
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post

(Now I've gotta go back and read up on Jason's cool little app to turn Development mode on/off without all the typing. Yep, I'm another one of those lazy old guys!).
    Just use Preware and download the patch for 'show developer icon'.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I'm a total n00b to the Palm and this site. Many thanks to all who have posted answers and suggestions in this thread; got QI and Preware running w/ little to no real headaches. Now on to totally screwing up my Palm ;-)
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Very strange. Every time I go into Tweaks, I get a message about WebOS having recently updated and it wants to make sure the patches are ok. I click OK; it gets an error on SMS Tone per Contact and fixes "unknownringtone"; I click Done; it starts over again. Every time.