Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Is this version of webos quick install (3.0.2) the one I want for webos 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Is this version of webos quick install (3.0.2) the one I want for webos 1.4?
    i was told that the newest version of webos quick install now works with any doctor !!

i would like to know for sure as well !! but i believe jason said that it would work with any doctor !!??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i was told that the newest version of webos quick install now works with any doctor !!

i would like to know for sure as well !! but i believe jason said that it would work with any doctor !!??
    I believe it is the Repair Utility that will work with any version of WebOS Doctor NOT WebOS QuickInstall.....
  4.    #544  
    Both WebOS Quick Install and WebOS Repair Utility can be used with any webOSDoctor version
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Both WebOS Quick Install and WebOS Repair Utility can be used with any webOSDoctor version
    Two questions:

1. WebOSQuickInstall downloaded the webosdoctor itself - I assume that was 1.4?

2. It kept causing my phone to go into "phone offline" which has NEVER happened before. What is this?
    Alright, something really funky is going on here....

Was trying to run webOS Repair Utility, but it was not opening up. So I tried starting it from the command line and saw the error:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/palm
    novacom/Novacom

This led me to believe it was a novacom error. So, I tried using webOS Quick Install to do the attempt reinstallation. But when I open WOSQI and click File -> Options, it never opens the window.

So, I tried stopping and starting novacomd to no avail. I then uninstalled Novacomd thinking I would use WOSQI to install it. But when I open WOSQI I still can't open the options menu item to reinstall it.

What gives?
    Well, Ok, got no help, but kept trying EVERYTHING, including multiple reboots, moving the programs to C: drive, renaming, etc. Then......
    Searched and found EVERY WebOS QI and Doc and packager and novacom and deleted them all. Rebooted all, reloaded all and I guess with the other things I tried, it started working.
    Thanks for the great programs.
    By the way, is it possible to rename WOSQI or Doc successfully. Is there any way that version numbers can be included in naming and finding correct compatible? It does not seem to show up in java properties so opening the program is the only way to know the version.
    In the 'About webOS quick install' it still says 'version 1.0' is this normal?

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v3.02

This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to share it with other forums.

I can be contacted at support@canuck-software.ca
    If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.

Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.

Enjoy! :-)

Download Here

Installation Guide

Requirements
    • WebOSDoctor recovery rom
      • Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS factory settings
      • If you want to manually download it on your own, see this page for direct download links and copy that downloaded .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

• Java 1.6
      • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.

• Novacom
      • You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
      • For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

• DevMode enabled
      • This can be done on your device by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.

Running WebOS Quick Install
    • Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch

Features
    • Stylish easy-to-use GUI.
    • Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
    • Tweaks panel for OS customization on a deeper level.
    • AUPT-compatible
    • Supports standard ipkg feeds.
    • No Linux knowledge required, no root access required.
    • Support for .ipk, .patch, and .diff files
    • Works with both USB-connected WebOS devices and the WebOS emulator.
    • Full device information section with management of user-installed applications.
    • Send and receive files to and from a WebOS device.
    • Quick-access link to the PreCentral homebrew gallery.
    • Handy usage panel that explains the earlier-mentioned requirements.

Screenshots

Known Issues
    - None so far

Change Log
    v3.02 - February 2, 2010
    - minor optimizations
    - updated the Update Helper for improved functionality

v3.01 - February 2, 2010
    - more accurate webOSDoctor downloading
    - fixes error where it would erroneously try to restore patches
    - removed PimpMyPre ipkg feed
    - no longer luna restarts if patch installation fails
    - much better handling when a feed cannot be connected to

v3.0 - February 1, 2010
    - packages no longer install/uninstall if postinst/prerm scripts fail
    - "deinstall" status packages are now properly filtered out of Device Management
    - added update checker
    - fixed issue where patch setting were saved to a wrong directory
    - fixed issue preventing installation of large ipk files
    - themer temporarily disabled
    - fixed issue preventing installation of patch files with non-alphanumeric characters in their name
    - updated ad-blocker for better compatibility
    - added patch updating on Online Repository tab
    - added support for AUPT
    - added webOSDoctor patch recovery
    - fixed "This is a webOS application." nametags in Device Management
    - added dynamic webOSDoctor downloader
    - fixed issue preventing webosdoctor jar detection

Special thanks to everyone who's helped contribute to the cause: those who donate, those who help test, those who help teach me new things, and those who help out with new users. This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys
    When ever I try to theme my Pre, I get a notification that the feature is disabled. Why has the feature been disabled or am I just using an outdated version of the webOSquickinstall?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hi Guys,

Dumb Question but I did not see an answer for it...once I have everything installed the way I want should I turn off Dev Mode? I assume I will need it back on next time I plug back in for install new apps.

Thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by bpepps81 View Post
    Today is the first time hearing about WebOS Doctor and trying to walk through Jason's instructions. After getting the Quick install, installed, the options button seems to be locked up or non repsonsive? I am trying to get novacom installed, but unable to open options button. Anyone familiar with this, or have any ideas? Pretty much trying to run WebOS Doctor 1.4 to repair several issues on my pre. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSTrackStar08 View Post
    i'm having the exact same problem :/
    bpepps81 and CSTrackStar08 -- just to let you know I had this problem too and determined that a "corrupt" webOSDoctor.jar file was my problem. I would suggest re-downloading the webOSDoctor.jar file for your device once you restart WOSQI.

The strange thing is that you do not receive any kind of error when you do this, but rather it just does not function.

Try it out and let me know if this works for you!
    I've been having problems getting WebOS Quick Install to work on my computer.

I took the following steps:

Verified my phone is in developer mode (did this several times now)
    Verified the Palm Novacom service is running (I have Windows 7 64-bit)
    Verified that "USB device" is selected

When I go to do anything with it, it gives me the ERROR: No Device Detected window.

I bought this phone from someone second-hand, but it got activated and is running pretty well now. Is it possible I'd have to run WebOSDoctor on it? Would it even work?

Thanks!
    I would first try my solution in #554.
    Make sure when you connect the phone that selecting USB gives you access to the phone files as a double check on your cable and port. [Note Charging select is for WOSQI]

Do a search and find every copy of WOSQI, WOSdoc, novacom and the packager and delete them and start again.

Once I got around what was keeping WOSQI from functioning properly, I was amazed at how automated everything is through it, including updating the few patches I had then.
    If you have little of yours on the phone yet, doing a WOSdoc is less of a problem than when you have everything the way you like it.
    Good luck.
    @ JASON I used to have diffstat and lsdiff on my phone before i DR.'d it. I also installed my patches thru webos qi first. This time I used preware for everything and I notice I dont have diffstat any more. i didnt install either diffstat or Lsdiff before i assume they were installed to make the patches function properly. do i need to install diffstat again anyway or can i do without it?

Sorry if this is not the right thread for it.
    QuickInstall will NOT connect to my device on Windows 7.

I haven't had an issue because I was using Windows XP for a while but I'm back on my Windows 7 computer.

I have tried restarting, turning the DEV mode off and then back on, a different cable, different usb port, a new download of Quickinstall.

Please advise.

NEVERMIND, REINSTALLED NOVACOM and works now, thanks.
    when will theming be restored?
    where do i download novacom for xp it wont let me reinstall it from quickinstall under options
    never mind i got it working I had to uninstall novacom and reinstall it like new sorry for bothering everyone.....
    I'm having a problem with 3.02: when I try to enable some tweaks (via Tools -> Tweaks) I get a pop up saying "Tweaking requires both GNU Patch and Lsdiff installed. One or both are missing. Would you like to download and install now?"
    Clicking YES does not give you the familiar download window, it just closes the warning window and brings you to the main WOSQI screen.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I've ensured the Pre is recognized by WOSQI (device mgmt works fine), so I'm not sure what's going on.

Help!