Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Jason,

I am using a palm pre, on a 64 bit windows 7 laptop. I have already spent 10 hours and I have go no where. I've downloaded the java, pdk, webos quick installer and when the quick installer asks me to pick a file I can't. At one point it was asking me to "check compatibility and install My Tether" and then it kept saying error, change usb port.

Can you please point me in the right direction. I'm trying to use my pre to connect to the internet and no one will respond. It looks like you do and I will gladly donate. I just need to get the ball rolling with a little bit of success.

Thanks

Seany from the burgh
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    If I download WOSQI and select run it opens and I can use it, but can't save it. If I select save it asks me to also download WOS Dr, which I believe I did initially.
    You'll need both WebOS QI and Web Dr on whichever computer you use. So you're going to save it to your PC then you'll also need to have a copy of the WebDr.

You'll also need to keep both of these files in the same folder (or keep them both on the desktop). If WebOS QI is located in a different directory than the Webdr or vice-versa, WebOS QI will prompt you to download Webdr (it needs WebDR to run and it needs to be in the same folder/directory).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanyfromtheburgh View Post
    Jason,

I am using a palm pre, on a 64 bit windows 7 laptop. I have already spent 10 hours and I have go no where. I've downloaded the java, pdk, webos quick installer and when the quick installer asks me to pick a file I can't. At one point it was asking me to "check compatibility and install My Tether" and then it kept saying error, change usb port.

Can you please point me in the right direction. I'm trying to use my pre to connect to the internet and no one will respond. It looks like you do and I will gladly donate. I just need to get the ball rolling with a little bit of success.

Thanks

Seany from the burgh
    Is it Java giving you that issue? Try deleting webos qi and web os doctor re down load it you can down load web os doctor simply by opening WebOS QI and it will ask you to down load it make sure you pick the right version of Doctor for you device Sprint or Verizon palm pre or pixie. Then double check to make sure you have Dev mode turned on... also make sure you have all drivers... and service novacomd is the service you need to have running you have windows 7 64 bit so if you need that novacomd installer send me a privet mail and i will send it to you Now also with windows 7 no matter what you do yo have to make sure you install the Ethernet gadget device driver...

Here is how you install Ethernet gadget device driver

1. Plug the phone into your computer
    2. Ignore the wizard that comes up asking for driver software.
    3. Navigate to the device manager, by hitting start button and typing "Device Manager" in the search box and click on it when results appear.
    4. You will see a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget" in the lest. Right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    5. In the wizard that came up, clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    6. In the next page, Clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    7. Chose "Network Adapter" in the list for type of hardware
    8. Under "Manufacturer", Chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    9. In "Network Adapter", chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    10. Then click Next and complete the wizard.

I did not have to do this with XP or 32bit versions of vista but with all 64Bit versions of Vista and Windows 7 this is all i could do to get it to work and not just for my tether WebOS QI would not work unless i did this for all my windows 7 and 64bit vista computers.
    Last edited by gitit20; 03/19/2010 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    Here is a stupid newbie question: How do I save a copy of this to my computer so I don't need to download each time?
    Copy of WebOS Quick Install i presume?

First you make a folder on your desktop name it what ever you want to...

Go to the very first page of this post and download WebOS QI...

Find the file you just downloaded right click and click Cut...

Go into the folder yo just made any ware in that folder right click then click past...

Now open the file you just downloaded...

It will ask you to down load WebOS doctor DO it but make sure you select the right version for your phone Palm Pre or Pixie Verizon Sprint or who ever you cell company is... Once this is done you have web os quick install after the doctor program is down loaded it will open you then connect your pre... and do what you like...
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Instead of tweaks, click on the blue arrow below the "+ and -" on the right side of the gui. Check the Pre Internals dropdown box and download lsdiff and GNU. Install them manually and you should be good to go.
    I am having the same problem as xo5 and tried your method of using the dropdown box and the patches i am looking for (lsdiff and GNU) are not available on my list. Does anyone have any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtime View Post
    I am having the same problem as xo5 and tried your method of using the dropdown box and the patches i am looking for (lsdiff and GNU) are not available on my list. Does anyone have any other ideas?
    Not available on your list? You need to use the drop-down menu. It's not in the default list that appears when you first press the blue arrow.

Change it to:

WebOS-Internals Feed (Pre) as shown circled in the screen shot

feed.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Not available on your list? You need to use the drop-down menu. It's not in the default list that appears when you first press the blue arrow.

Change it to:

WebOS-Internals Feed (Pre) as shown circled in the screen shot

feed.JPG
    Thanks Achill3s! Worked like a charm...
    Jason,

First, thank you for replying. You are the first to do so and I really appreciate. So. from your response-

I tried installing the ethernet gadget and it wasn't in my device manager menu. I tried unplugging my phone and replugging it back in and found nothing. I checked possible place in the device manager. Could I download a fresh version? And tried deleting webos qi and doctor and once again could not find it in my control panal. This is driving me crazy. Where do I unistall it at. I swear, I'm not that bad with computers but this has got me all messed up. If I was to erase everything like the G-sourcery pdk stuff, java, etc. and this was a new laptop, what should I do first.

thanks again for your help.

sean
    Jason,
    Thanks for the great work.
    But,
    All the links for vzw webos dr point to the same place and that link is not connecting.
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...onwireless.jar
    So
    I called Palm and they tried to tell me that all new aps could only be loaded with the phone and that was what webOS was all about. She was a nice newbee but I could hear the coaching going on behind her. She tried to tell me that Quick install was no longer needed, I said that it was nice that you could dl direct to phone but that working on a computer format was more comfortable.
    If you go to the Palm site to dl webOS dr, it seems, unless the headpage is wrong, that you will get v 1.3.5.1. Verizon is just as bad.

Can someone give me a working link to VZW Pre Plus WebOS Dr? I know I am a newbee here but I am a fifth generation palm phone user and I love to hack everything I play with. TIA
    Last edited by jondough; 03/20/2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: missing info
    I never had problems running webOS Quick Install in the past, but now I can't get the program to open. When I try to run Quick Install, I get a Java error message: "Could not find the main class: ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp". Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Jason,

Any idea when the "change dialer background" might be updated to include the new call log format? I love this styling modification but seeing the green background show up in the log menu is downright awful.
    First off thanks for all the help...i'll be donating here shortly.

I installed the v3.0 version and i was able to install apps....but when i tried to install patches i go to tools then tweaks and a pop up says that "tweaking requires both GNU patch and lsdiff installed to function. one or both are missing from my device would i like to install"... i press yes and then a pop up saying these may take a minute so be patient click ok to begin...i click ok but nothing happens. every time i go to tool and tweaks it does the same thing. How can I fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by chago99 View Post
    First off thanks for all the help...i'll be donating here shortly.

I installed the v3.0 version and i was able to install apps....but when i tried to install patches i go to tools then tweaks and a pop up says that "tweaking requires both GNU patch and lsdiff installed to function. one or both are missing from my device would i like to install"... i press yes and then a pop up saying these may take a minute so be patient click ok to begin...i click ok but nothing happens. every time i go to tool and tweaks it does the same thing. How can I fix that?
    The answer is on the prior page.
    I finally got WebOS Dr to download, but I cannot get Quick Install to connect to my phone. Had no probs prior to update.
    I have OSDoc VZ 172.169.02/20/10 20:17 and QI 3.02 in same directory, Installed Novacom 1.0.46, am running Dev Mode on Pre+, phone is in Charge. [also tried with OSDoc 140.36 which WOSQI downloaded]

When I start WOSQI, it brought in PreWare and IPKSvc but when I click install, the window opens and it just sits there not connecting. I have deleted old preware from phone. I can connect USB fine so the cable knows it is there. If I open tweaks, everything is greyed out. Both these windows only close with CtlAltDel.

I know it is going to be something simple...... TIA
    Last edited by jondough; 03/21/2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: correction
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT12582 View Post
    I never had problems running webOS Quick Install in the past, but now I can't get the program to open. When I try to run Quick Install, I get a Java error message: "Could not find the main class: ca.canucksoftware.WebOSQuickInstallApp". Any ideas on how to fix this?
    I'm getting the same problem....but I think with all Java apps...WebOS Doctor also isn't running for me.
    Is WebOS Quick Install and WebOS Repair Utility only used by developers?
    Quote Originally Posted by davebeck2905 View Post
    Is WebOS Quick Install and WebOS Repair Utility only used by developers?
    Not at all. It's used by everyone. Jason made it very user friendly. Please read post #1 of this thread.
    Jason and every one else There is a Java virus being sent out that is called web os quick install we had a pre and pixi meet up here in the coffee shop and 3 people have done a Google search and downloaded what they thought was WebOS QI and it turned out to be a virus so make sure to ONLY down load it through this forum or website...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Jason and every one else There is a Java virus being sent out that is called web os quick install we had a pre and pixi meet up here in the coffee shop and 3 people have done a Google search and downloaded what they thought was WebOS QI and it turned out to be a virus so make sure to ONLY down load it through this forum or website...
    But seriously... I just did a few searches and couldn't find anything related to WOSQI that didn't lead back hear. I saw some forum activity, on other forums, but again, all links pointed here.
    IMHO, anyone who gets a virus by finding and downloading something like this that they don't know about, deserves it. And three people got it? What the heck does that coffee shop serve?

If gitit didn't have the "stats", I'd say that they were a n00b or a troll trying to cause trouble. That not being the case, they must just have some stupid friends.
    [let the flaming start]
    I add the additional required info about my problem above in post 544.
    - Device: VZW Palm Pre Plus
    - Operating System WinXP 32bit
    - I followed the troubleshooting guide completely
    - I rebooted computer and Palm.

I might ask, what is the difference between WebOSDoc as downloaded within WOSQI and the one dl from the Page with all the different versions which seem to be keyed like the OS#.

Is there anything about WOSQI or its related programs that 1.4 broke?

Any comment on Palm saying that ap downloads are only through phone?