Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    FYI: It's not WebOS that you deleted, but WebOS Quick Install. And, that's on your computer, not your phone.

I read the email version of this post on my Pre and clicked the link to help you Doctor your phone.

I didn't delete it from my computer I deleted the actual app off of my phone when I was trying to update my patches. now I am trying to get the app back onto my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I can verify also that this version of WOSQI program fails to install the GNU patch which either can be manually installed through WOSQI via feeds or from Preware. Both will work
    I dont have the option of using preware for now.. no wireless and 3G..

Found this.. Will try this..
    1- go to IPKG REPOSITORY VIEWER (the blue arrow in WebOS Quick Install)
    2- click on drop down menu, go to WebOS-Internals Feed Pixi or Pre (whichever you have)
    3- click on the two boxes for GNU Patch and Lsdiff
    4- download
    5- install
    Last edited by zeushunt; 03/11/2010 at 07:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I cant get it to work I tried everything. It wont recognize my device
    Quote Originally Posted by genEric122 View Post
    Same here
    when they dont install on their own youhave to go and install them your self. since 1.4 i have had to install them manually

what caj2008 said lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shobiz View Post
    I cant get it to work I tried everything. It wont recognize my device
    have you rebooted both your phone and computer then tried it again also attempt reinstall novacom driver? and you are in dev mode right ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Need help with getting my phone to connect "No Device"

should the phone be plugged in when I reboot?

when I reinstall novacom should the phone be plugged in?

will all the tweaks and themes work with the 1.4 update?

does My Tether 3.1 work with 1.4 update? Will I lose any features like my camera as I did with My Tether 3.04?
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/12/2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: please don't spam, just to get post count up
    Hey Jason any idea when the themer will be working again?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    have you rebooted both your phone and computer then tried it again also attempt reinstall novacom driver? and you are in dev mode right ?
    Yes, I did all of that.

So I decided to use my computer at work, to make sure its not the phone. BAM!!!! It worked right out the box. It must be my home computer. I was able to install Preware on the phone. So I may not have to worry about hooking it to a computer again or at least for a while. Its a bummer though.
    d
    Quote Originally Posted by Shobiz View Post
    Yes, I did all of that.

So I decided to use my computer at work, to make sure its not the phone. BAM!!!! It worked right out the box. It must be my home computer. I was able to install Preware on the phone. So I may not have to worry about hooking it to a computer again or at least for a while. Its a bummer though.
    Also bud you should go to your device manager and see if something is not installed... When i did this first off and ever time i have reloaded a pc i have had to do this you need to make sure you get the Ethernet gadget driver installed that screwed me over every single time until that was installed for instructions on doing this browse my past posts O hell here it is try this and see what happens...

2. Plug the phone into your computer
    3. Ignore the wizard that comes up asking for driver software.
    4. Navigate to the device manager, by hitting start button and typing "Device Manager" in the search box and click on it when results appear.
    5. You will see a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget" in the lest. Right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    6. In the wizard that came up, clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    7. In the next page, Clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    8. Chose "Network Adapter" in the list for type of hardware
    9. Under "Manufacturer", Chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    10. In "Network Adapter", chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then click Next and complete the wizard.
    Is anyone working on the change background tweak for the dial pad? The call log png sizes have changed in 1.4 and don't render correctly in 1.4.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    when will theming work again?
    i have been having problems with preware for the last couple of days. Everytime I would try to get it running on my phone it would just freeze up, and my phone would say "memory critical to many cards" and I would have to restart. I decided to trash preware and reinstall it.
    I am reinstalling with WebOS v3.02,(following the installation instructions as usual) once I hit the install button its seems to take WAY to long, and then my phone displays "memory critical to many cards" again and restarts by itself. When the phone restarts preware is not installed. Can anybody give me any pointers?????
    Hello

I am so sorry to trouble you. I consider myself above average computer savvy. Yesterday I was able to access my Pre Plus via WebOSQuickInstall and installed several Homebrew Apps. Today, no matter what I do I cannot connect. I keep getting the message "ERROR: No Device Detected". I have carefully and repeatedly tried all steps in the trouble shooting guide (Permalink#3: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2194982). I have done multiple reboots of both my computer and phone. I have repeatedly turned developer mode on and off. I would be grateful if you have any other suggestions. Thanks! Scott
    Yeah! found the solution to my problem here

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ds-open-2.html

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Leathers View Post
    Hello

I am so sorry to trouble you. I consider myself above average computer savvy. Yesterday I was able to access my Pre Plus via WebOSQuickInstall and installed several Homebrew Apps. Today, no matter what I do I cannot connect. I keep getting the message "ERROR: No Device Detected". I have carefully and repeatedly tried all steps in the trouble shooting guide (Permalink#3: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2194982). I have done multiple reboots of both my computer and phone. I have repeatedly turned developer mode on and off. I would be grateful if you have any other suggestions. Thanks! Scott
    did you re-start Novacomm in the services menu of your PC? I often need to do so manually....
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Leathers View Post
    Hello

open webos quick install and then go into file then options then hit attempt reinstall novacom driver and then try webos QI again

foe whatever reason computer drop novacom alot and then forgets the pre or goes blind lol . most of the time just restarting novacom will do the trick but not always . i had to modify novacom on my windows vista 32 bit computer to work alot better but it still forgets it alot . if you are using vista 32 bit let me know i will send it to you if you want to try it just send me your email address.

if this does not work its is something to do with either the usb cable usb port or computer.
    hope this helps man!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    i didnt change any of my wallpaper sizes and mine work properly ??? they are all the same as what i used on 1.3.5 ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Is anyone working on the change background tweak for the dial pad? The call log png sizes have changed in 1.4 and don't render correctly in 1.4.
    Everything works properly for me. Are you sure the .png's you're using are the right size to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i didnt change any of my wallpaper sizes and mine work properly ??? they are all the same as what i used on 1.3.5 ?
    +1 Same here, nothing changed. Everything works just as it did prior to 1.4 for me.
    i have downloaded the WebOSQuick Install to my Mac but it will not install... i have download the webdoctor twice it still didnt work...my version of Java is also up to date. i don't know what i'm doing wrong! Help plz!