Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lamour_27 View Post
    I am trying to reinstall webOS on my phone because I accidentally deleted it, but everytime I try to install it keeps telling me that no device is detected. my phone is in developer mode and i have tried restarting it several times. Any other reason why this could be happening?
    FYI: It's not WebOS that you deleted, but WebOS Quick Install. And, that's on your computer, not your phone.

I read the email version of this post on my Pre and clicked the link to help you Doctor your phone.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Bra I've tried everything and i cant get the webOS to install. Can you help me?

My device is the palm pre

My operating system is Windows 7 (64bit).

I've followed your troubleshooting guide completely multiple times.

I downloaded java and tried to download the WebOS Quick Install v3.02 and when I try to open it with the java the only thing that happens is this little white screen will come up and says this (that I have here at the bottom).

Windows Installer. V 5.0.7600.16385

msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]

Install Options
    </package | /i> <Product.msi>
    Installs or configures a product
    /a <Product.msi>
    Administrative install - Installs a product on the network
    /j<u|m> <Product.msi> [/t <Transform List>] [/g <Language ID>]
    Advertises a product - m to all users, u to current user
    </uninstall | /x> <Product.msi | ProductCode>
    Uninstalls the product
    Display Options
    /quiet
    Quiet mode, no user interaction
    /passive
    Unattended mode - progress bar only
    /q[n|b|r|f]
    Sets user interface level
    n - No UI
    b - Basic UI
    r - Reduced UI
    f - Full UI (default)
    /help
    Help information
    Restart Options
    /norestart
    Do not restart after the installation is complete
    /promptrestart
    Prompts the user for restart if necessary
    /forcerestart
    Always restart the computer after installation
    Logging Options
    /l[i|w|e|a|r|u|c|m|o|p|v|x|+|!|*] <LogFile>
    i - Status messages
    w - Nonfatal warnings
    e - All error messages
    a - Start up of actions
    r - Action-specific records
    u - User requests
    c - Initial UI parameters
    m - Out-of-memory or fatal exit information
    o - Out-of-disk-space messages
    p - Terminal properties
    v - Verbose output
    x - Extra debugging information
    + - Append to existing log file
    ! - Flush each line to the log
    * - Log all information, except for v and x options
    /log <LogFile>
    Equivalent of /l* <LogFile>
    Update Options
    /update <Update1.msp>[;Update2.msp]
    Applies update(s)
    /uninstall <PatchCodeGuid>[;Update2.msp] /package <Product.msi | ProductCode>
    Remove update(s) for a product
    Repair Options
    /f[p|e|c|m|s|o|d|a|u|v] <Product.msi | ProductCode>
    Repairs a product
    p - only if file is missing
    o - if file is missing or an older version is installed (default)
    e - if file is missing or an equal or older version is installed
    d - if file is missing or a different version is installed
    c - if file is missing or checksum does not match the calculated value
    a - forces all files to be reinstalled
    u - all required user-specific registry entries (default)
    m - all required computer-specific registry entries (default)
    s - all existing shortcuts (default)
    v - runs from source and recaches local package
    Setting Public Properties
    [PROPERTY=PropertyValue]

Consult the Windows Installer SDK for additional documentation on the
    command line syntax.

Copyright Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.
    I removed all patches to my phone via WebOS QI before upgrading to 1.4. Once I upgraded I used QI to reinstall all of my patches (4 in all) and my phone worked just fine. Then I went to connect to itunes (which was working fine before I reinstalled those patches) and itunes wouldn't register my pre. So my first thought was if I removed the patches then I'd be able to connect to itunes. I run EPR via QI and these patches won't go away! Can anyone help me remove these patches from my pre without using doctor?? There's data on my phone that I don't want erased. Please help.
    When I try to add tweaks I get the message that I need the GNU patch and Lsdiff. I click ok and it sits there for a min and the tweaks screen goes away. I let it sit for about 30 min and go back to tweaks and it gives me the needing patches message again. it does this over and over again. This is a freshly doctored phone updated to 1.4
    When I click on the blue arrow I do not get repository viewer??? What am I doing wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by prefixx View Post
    Bra I've tried everything and i cant get the webOS to install. Can you help me?

My device is the palm pre

My operating system is Windows 7 (64bit).

I've followed your troubleshooting guide completely multiple times.

I downloaded java and tried to download the WebOS Quick Install v3.02 and when I try to open it with the java the only thing that happens is this little white screen will come up and says this (that I have here at the bottom).

Windows Installer. V 5.0.7600.16385

msiexec...
    This software works fine with Windows 7 (64-bit).

Have you followed the instructions in the WebOS Quick Install documents found attached to this message?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Rhino View Post
    1.4 update went fine for me. AUPT worked fine except for...ACTIVECALL-ASSISTANT.JSJSJS

It recognizes that webos changed and when I click YES, I get the "error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-history-during-call"

Any advice on this? Should I just go into DELETE FILE/DIRECTORY in webosqi and try to delete the above file?
    I had a problem with the same file. You may want to try replacing files as described by StoneRyno in the WebOS Repair Utility thread. Although that ultimately didn't work for me, it's probably a good place to start.

What DID end up working for me was deleting the offending file through command-line in WOSQI - see "Cannot Unpatch 1.4" thread over in the WebOS Development forum (I don't know how to link there). I am finally rid of the pesky lingering file and have moved on. Best of luck to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyGoodness View Post
    When I try to add tweaks I get the message that I need the GNU patch and Lsdiff. I click ok and it sits there for a min and the tweaks screen goes away. I let it sit for about 30 min and go back to tweaks and it gives me the needing patches message again. it does this over and over again. This is a freshly doctored phone updated to 1.4
    I had the same problem. Looking at the Tools->Device Management window, I noticed that Lsdiff had been installed, but not GNU patch. I ended up just downloading the GNU patch file (org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk) separately from here:

Index of /feeds/webos-internals/

(armv7 for Pre, armv6 for Pixi)

And then dragging it onto WOSQI to install it. After that, I was able to use the Tweaks feature.
    I uninstalled the "launcher opacity" patch to trouble shoot something, now when trying to re-install it, it takes A LONG time to finish. When it is done I do a luna restart, but launcher is the same as it was. Anyone else with the problem of it not working?
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I uninstalled the "launcher opacity" patch to trouble shoot something, now when trying to re-install it, it takes A LONG time to finish. When it is done I do a luna restart, but launcher is the same as it was. Anyone else with the problem of it not working?
    that's due to WebOS-Internals postinst/prerm scripts being offline, as a result of scheduled maintenance
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    that's due to WebOS-Internals postinst/prerm scripts being offline, as a result of scheduled maintenance
    Thanks for letting us know. I also had this problem yesterday. Nice to know the reason for it.
    hi,

what does this error mean when i will load a theme?

"Sorry, theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place! ???

thx for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo755Nut View Post
    I finally figured out what the issue was with mine. I ended up with 4 patches that did not get removed. My mistake - I did install 1.4 without removing the patches.

Anyway, same errors as you describe here. And the only way to remove them is to use same version of WOQI version that you used to install these patches. I keep all my versions. After downloading latest, I rename the JAR file with the associated version number.
    I'm usually pretty good about saving old files. This was the time when I thought, "Hey, when have I ever needed a previous version of WOSQI?", and decided to overwrite the old one.

And the download link at the WOSQI 2.96 thread has been disabled.

Does any kind soul have a copy of that file that they'd like to send me? Or a URL where I can download it?

Thanks in advance, if anyone can help.
    lol i always forget to put the phone in developer mode! lol jason, can you change the "please connect your device" message with, "is developer mode on or please connect device?" lol every time i forget! reinstall novacommand like 3 times before im like, oh yeah, developer mode!
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I did not realize that Quick Install needed to access the web while working
    I am trying to update patches but am unable to get it to work...

When selecting Tweaks in WOQI I get

then

After which it closes and nothing happens.

I have added patches manually.. same issue when trying to Install them.
    I have been able to install Homebrew Apps fine.

Any help would be great.
    I have gone thru all the pdf and guides.. and there is no mistake that i am making..

Does one think that the 2 files are not getting downloaded ?
    A bug in 3.02 ?
    yep I had same problem it's the GNU patch that is not loading for some reason.I used preware to load that one then quickinstall worked fine
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    I am trying to update patches but am unable to get it to work...

When selecting Tweaks in WOQI I get

then

After which it closes and nothing happens.

I have added patches manually.. same issue when trying to Install them.
    I have been able to install Homebrew Apps fine.

Any help would be great.
    Same here
    Jason need some help here.....i developed and app that requires a java service. So i am packging up the service app in a way that installs and uninstalls properly with WOSQI. I think all i need is a postinst and prerm file in their. So i did that and it installed to cryptofs but it never asked me to run the script in postinst. Is there something im missing to get it to run the script?

I originaly asked webos internals here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...rvice-app.html