Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    1.4 update went fine for me. AUPT worked fine except for...ACTIVECALL-ASSISTANT.JSJSJS

It recognizes that webos changed and when I click YES, I get the "error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-history-during-call"

Any advice on this? Should I just go into DELETE FILE/DIRECTORY in webosqi and try to delete the above file?
    Why is it that I have two Palm Pre phones & one will work & one will not work with the quick install program
    First, thank you so much for the great work you are doing. You guys make this phone even greater!

Since the 1.4 update i have lost all email accounts. I have doctored three times and each time I was able to restore the email accounts. But each time I tried to add my patches back in, I lost email again. Last night I tries to just put Preware in without any other patches and I lost email again. Rod's response was he can't theorize why there would be a connection between Preware and my problem, and that he can't replicate. But there are a few people out there with this problem and no one has an answer.

Tonight I tried to just load the Package Manager Service and I lost emails again. Can you offer any ideas? I love my Pre, but I love it better with the patches and Homebrew apps. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbecker View Post
    When I access the tweaks window, a dialog box pops up informing me, "It appears your device's version of WebOS has recently updated. WebOS QuickInstall needs to transition new patches to this version. Would you like to do that now?" Of course, I click yes. It then throws this error and kicks back to the tweak menu where I am once again prompted to transition new patches:
    I think it stems from a patch that I installed via PreWare a couple months ago. When I try to uninstall it via Device Management, I get the exact same error message and then my pre restarts. When I try to uninstall the patch via PreWare, it gives me an ipkg error. Any ideas on how to get rid of this patch?

Also, here is the file that's causing the error:org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-video-downloads.prerm - Windows Live
    I finally figured out what the issue was with mine. I ended up with 4 patches that did not get removed. My mistake - I did install 1.4 without removing the patches.

Anyway, same errors as you describe here. And the only way to remove them is to use same version of WOQI version that you used to install these patches. I keep all my versions. After downloading latest, I rename the JAR file with the associated version number.

So, I went back to the previous version 2.9.6 and got the same errors. Then I went back to the one before, 2.9.0 and was able to pull up Tweets page and subsequently remove these orphaned patches.

Now, it's working like a charm. (from the 3.0.2 or from the Phone's Preware app directly.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by lamour_27 View Post
    I accidentally deleted the preware link off of my phone how do I get this back?
    Use WebOS Quick Install to reinstall....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Casey View Post
    First, thank you so much for the great work you are doing. You guys make this phone even greater!

Since the 1.4 update i have lost all email accounts. I have doctored three times and each time I was able to restore the email accounts. But each time I tried to add my patches back in, I lost email again. Last night I tries to just put Preware in without any other patches and I lost email again. Rod's response was he can't theorize why there would be a connection between Preware and my problem, and that he can't replicate. But there are a few people out there with this problem and no one has an answer.

Tonight I tried to just load the Package Manager Service and I lost emails again. Can you offer any ideas? I love my Pre, but I love it better with the patches and Homebrew apps. Thanks.
    I had the same problem. I removed the "read/delete all email" patch and all my email accounts suddently came back!seems to work now. I'll keep this thread updated if the problem returns.
    Last edited by Quintus; 03/05/2010 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post

I had the same problem. I removed the "read/delete all email" patch and all my email accounts suddently came back!seems to work now. I'll keep this thread updated if the problem returns.
    I doubt the read all delete all patch has anything to do with this issue. I have been using it with no problems and no one else has reported any issues with the patch.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    XP Home, ver. 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600, 32 bit, Palm Pre WebOS v1.4.0, followed instructions and trouble shooting completely.

I have previously had a working older version of WebOS Quick Install program installed but had to delete the program. Now I am having trouble reinstalling the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file v.3.01. Java has been updated, verified and reinstalled several times. I have also downloaded several other WebOS.jar files thinking the files were possibly corrupt. When I double-click onto the .jar file it will not launch, an error sounds but without displaying a error window. I have tried and retried everything I can possibly think to resolve. Would you have any ideas? Thanking you for your time.
    Got a little problem
    All my .jar files got associated with Winrar, and even after unselecting the file association within winrar's settings, it just opens my .jar's with winrar
    what java program do i need to open WOQS?
    it was running fine before the winrar mixup, just dont know what to use to open the file with
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamglue33 View Post
    Having a issue, every time i try to load a theme i get a error messgae saying... " sorry theming has been disabled until the new theming specification is put in place" .. What am I missing or do I have to do to be able to change the them on my pre ???? plz help thanks
    I'm here to report that even though theming has been disabled, WOSQI can still REMOVE themes. I installed a theme with Preware that I decided I didn't want to use, but when I went to remove it, for some reason the REMOVE button wasn't there. After fiddling around for a bit, I tried using WOSQI and found that it worked in reverting to default. Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsSFTF View Post
    Got a little problem
    All my .jar files got associated with Winrar, and even after unselecting the file association within winrar's settings, it just opens my .jar's with winrar
    what java program do i need to open WOQS?
    it was running fine before the winrar mixup, just dont know what to use to open the file with
    Right click on the .jar file and select "Open With..." If you don't see "Open with..." try right-clicking while holding Shift. See if Java Binary Platform is listed and select it. If not, click Browse and navigate to "C:\Program Files(or x86)\Java and select java.exe. Finally, make sure the box that says "Always use this selected program to open..."
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quintus View Post

I doubt the read all delete all patch has anything to do with this issue. I have been using it with no problems and no one else has reported any issues with the patch.

I agree - I have never used the "read/delete all email" patch. I have used landscape email and confirm delete patches, but I did not load either of those on after I last doctored. Loading Preware alone caused me to lose email accounts.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Jason, you are the man. Thanks for your wonderful product and the others who made it simple for us noobs.
    Just got my Pre yesterday, and immediately installed QuickInstall. Thank you Jason, and all the homebrew folks that have made this such an awesome experience!
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    You need to use 2.96 instead of 3.02 for themes, as its disabled right now (ill be honest I cant remember why, but there IS a reason lol ) I know a few post back this is a link for the alternate WOSQI but I dont know it off hand to give it to you here ...you can get the themes through PREWARE too, if thats easier ...
    You should either wait for WebOS QI to be updated with themein or use preware to install themes until jason gets it working...

Sorry did not see the preware at the bottom till after i pressed send :P
    Ok guys so forgive me if someone already addressed this...but after loading 1.4 I havent been able to get quick install to work. It loads like normal and even does a couple of updates fine once my phone is connected...but when i go to load tweaks it says it needs to upgrade old tweaks that apparently it still thinks are on my pre even though I used epr to remove all of them before loading 1.4. Any help?
    it doesnt even woirk for me somebody help
    Can anyone help me with my lost email problem. Tonight I tried to just add filecoaster, Dev launcher, luna restart, and Preload, and now my emails are gone. I don't want to have to doctor again, but I don't know how to resolve the problem without it. Help!
    I am trying to reinstall webOS on my phone because I accidentally deleted it, but everytime I try to install it keeps telling me that no device is detected. my phone is in developer mode and i have tried restarting it several times. Any other reason why this could be happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by lamour_27 View Post
    I am trying to reinstall webOS on my phone because I accidentally deleted it, but everytime I try to install it keeps telling me that no device is detected. my phone is in developer mode and i have tried restarting it several times. Any other reason why this could be happening?
    Same thing is happening to me.

It also crashes when I try to reinstall NovaCom, and the Tweaks menu is not working.

Although I can install apps with the quickInstall.