Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    Someone please help me.

I keep getting "Device Not Found".

I don't get it! I have 1.4 and the 3.02 WebOSQuickInstall.

What's going on??
    Have you enabled Develope Mode? If yes, then try to Reinstall Novacom
    I'm OK now.

I remember the site on my own.. from WebOS Internals.

But I'm glad WebOS Quick is not getting the new version.

Thanks again all!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    I keep getting "Device Not Found".

I don't get it! I have 1.4 and the 3.02 WebOSQuickInstall.

What's going on??
    We need to know what steps you took OS and so on But you may try the following

you need to make sure devmode is on make sure you have novacmd running as a service on your pc if not reinstall it make sure you have the Ethernet gadget device driver installed you can search my past posts for instructions about 3 months ago i think

And of course you need to reboot both phone and PC try them steps hope that helps ya out but in your next post if that did not help then you may want to give us more info
    Jason- I'm using WOSQI 3.02, the tweaks work, but no response when pressing the blue arrow! All else works! Thanks for a great job!
    does this erase your contacts? and if so how to back them up for pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmygiii View Post
    I too was having trouble installing the GNU patch & Lsdiff to run tweaks (saw the Dr. because of web browser issues on update to 1.40)

To work around it, I installed preware & package manager service, selected list of everything, typed in Lsdiff & installed Lsdiff, typed in GNU & installed it too.

Voila, now tweaks is working for me in WebOs Quick Install.
    I've turned the Dev Mode off and then back on, resetting after each switch. I've confirmed I'm running the latest PreWare, Package Service Manager, Lsdiff and GNU and still cannot update or remove the Hide Sprint TV patch. I get the same Package Log Error.

"Unreversed Patch Detected" Skipping Patch

Any other thoughts?
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Chronic 25 and onthevirg:

You may want to try replacing files as described by StoneRyno in the WebOS Repair Utility thread. Although that ultimately didn't work for me, it's probably a good place to start.

What DID end up working for me was deleting the offending file through command-line in WOSQI - see "Cannot Unpatch 1.4" thread over in the WebOS Development forum (I don't know how to link there). I am finally rid of the pesky lingering file and have moved on. Best of luck to you!
    I have a Pixi Plus (Verizon) that will not take the GNU Patch to enable me to add tweaks to the phone. What can I do? The program does work on my other phone, the Pre Plus. Please help! I have 2 separate Web Doctors, 1 for each phone.
    wow...I can get webOSQUI to do anything. I don't even get phone not recognized. I doctored my 1.4 and started from scratch. Turned on dev mode and even turned it off and back on again. I open up QI and Device Management doesn't open up to anything. I click on it and nothing happens. I go to Options and nothing happens. I've uninstalled novacom and reinstalled it using the Orca mod. I've deleted and redownloaded Quick Install and nothing. This is really odd. Hate leaving the house with an unpatched Pixi.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The AUPT went great for me. I have 34 patches on my Pre. However, when I go into WebOs Quick Install and go into Device Info, it shows no applications and only 9 patches. I have all AUPT-3 patches and my WOSQI is 3.2. When I go into tweaks, it doesn't tell me that there are updates for the patches that had placeholders for. I checked the .webosinternals.patches.packages file and it looks like they're all listed. Why doesn't WOSQI see my most of my patches and my apps?
  11.    #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by 74256274 View Post
    The AUPT went great for me. I have 34 patches on my Pre. However, when I go into WebOs Quick Install and go into Device Info, it shows no applications and only 9 patches. I have all AUPT-3 patches and my WOSQI is 3.2. When I go into tweaks, it doesn't tell me that there are updates for the patches that had placeholders for. I checked the .webosinternals.patches.packages file and it looks like they're all listed. Why doesn't WOSQI see my most of my patches and my apps?
    webos quick install determines what patches are installed by filtering the list of installed packages. The only reason packages wouldn't appear would seem to imply the packages aren't installed in the system. Very odd.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Could it have anything to do with the fact that I have WOSQI installed both at home and at work and have plugged my Pre into both and installed patches from each computer? How would I refresh the lists? Reinstall WOSQI?
    Having a issue, every time i try to load a theme i get a error messgae saying... " sorry theming has been disabled until the new theming specification is put in place" .. What am I missing or do I have to do to be able to change the them on my pre ???? plz help thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    The complete procedure for restoring a Pre with any issue is in my first signature thread with fine details written for advance and newbie users as well.
    Comment: looking forward to reading that (AFTER some sleep!)

Seriously considering going back to factory settings, so...

Question - for anyone to respond: How long does it take erase to the phone (also, how long does a total doctoring take?) I know, I know, that's technically two questions :P

TIA for the replies
    Quote Originally Posted by rayraypre View Post
    Comment: looking forward to reading that (AFTER some sleep!)

Seriously considering going back to factory settings, so...

Question - for anyone to respond: How long does it take erase to the phone (also, how long does a total doctoring take?) I know, I know, that's technically two questions :P

TIA for the replies
    for me the whole erase and doctor takes about 20 to 30 min i have done it maybe 20 times lol
    how can i fix this problem:
    "mount: mount /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy"

any ideas?

greetz
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 74256274 View Post
    So I figured that the only thing that WebOS Quick Install sees is what I've installed after the Auto Updates, including my apps. I'd do an EPR and reinstall the patches, but the problem is also with Quick Install seeing my apps as well. Any suggestions?
    when i try and run the web os quick install after i have updated to 1.4 i keep getting error messages a and doesnt let me use it after maybe 14 errors kicks out then it repeats the same process all over again please help anyone.
    I accidentally deleted the preware link off of my phone how do I get this back?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamglue33 View Post
    Having a issue, every time i try to load a theme i get a error messgae saying... " sorry theming has been disabled until the new theming specification is put in place" .. What am I missing or do I have to do to be able to change the them on my pre ???? plz help thanks
    You need to use 2.96 instead of 3.02 for themes, as its disabled right now (ill be honest I cant remember why, but there IS a reason lol ) I know a few post back this is a link for the alternate WOSQI but I dont know it off hand to give it to you here ...you can get the themes through PREWARE too, if thats easier ...
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it