Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    im not able to even get preware on my phone yet ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Is there no way to upload the GNUpatch and lsdiff manually? I had those on my phone before, so I don't understand why those files aren't kept on my computer. Is there a way to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    im not able to even get preware on my phone yet ha ha
    Me neither.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    To recap: still stuck in the infinite loop from he** where I can't access tweaks due to the perpetual prompt to transition patches due to the update and the lack of ability to do so (get error messages - specifically one related to trouble uninstalling call-duration-in-call-log).

I rebooted computer per suggestion of le pig, and weirdly, for a second after that, the tweaks screen seemed "normal". I clicked on EPR, it had trouble uninstalling some things (I think two, one of which may have been the call-duration-in-call-log). After that, back to the same infinite loop, even after *another* reboot of computer.

Any thoughts?
    yeah my thoughts are to web doc back to 1.3.5.1 and then load preware then update lol thats what im trying next ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yeah my thoughts are to web doc back to 1.3.5.1 and then load preware then update lol thats what im trying next ha ha
    Good idea, I'm going to try that now.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I also had to doctor my phone after it went mental after updating to 1.4, now webosquickinstall won't recognise my phone, so no preware, no patches Am I really going to have to doctor back to 1.3.5.2 to get Preware? That might make me cry a little...
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    I also had to doctor my phone after it went mental after updating to 1.4, now webosquickinstall won't recognise my phone, so no preware, no patches Am I really going to have to doctor back to 1.3.5.2 to get Preware? That might make me cry a little...
    Don't forget to turn Dev Mode back on.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    D'oh! hahaha Thanks for saving me a lot of completely unnecessary hassle!
    I consistently forget about dev mode...
    cstam, did u activate developer mode?

Type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart to activate it.

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    let me know what happens please lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I been trying to download Preware for an hour and I still cant get the repository to load
    --Marvin
    here we go back to 1.3.5.1 . it would be nice to have a patch to stay at 1.3.5.1 without haveing to run command stuff , for real !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I been trying to download Preware for an hour and I still cant get the repository to load
    let it go for like 10 to 20 min it will load but it will give an error and you wont be able to get the gnu and diffstat patches to load and stay there is some kind of bug there
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbonizio View Post
    cstam, did u activate developer mode?

Type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart to activate it.

Hope this helps
    Yeah, I was just coming back to post that I had forgot to turn developer mode back on after running WebOS Doctor. i was able to get quick install to see the phone after that, but the feeds won't load still. I was able to get preware and the package manager service installed by finding the ipks in C:\Users\:Username:\AppData\Local\Temp\ from the last time I downloaded them in Quick install. Now I'm back in business, the feeds are loading up in preware right now.
    I wish there was a way to install preware without the feed
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I wish there was a way to install preware without the feed
    Are you still not able to download Preware from the feed? I was able to get them and if you need i can upload them for you.
    Anybody else have an issue with the Pre (1.4) restarting by itself while installing ipk's with Quick Install 3.02? This is happening every so often for me, not all the time. After the restart, Quick Install continues to install, and everything is fine.
    Last edited by erapalo; 02/28/2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: same as below :)
    Now I get no device detected!!!!

OMG I'm so stupid, I had the phone conected with usb drive instead of just charge!!!
    It has been a while since I installed from WOQI, I mostly use preware, but it's no excuse, I read the instructions again. I was freaking out over nothing.

Last edited by erapalo; 02/28/2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Stupidity
    Quote Originally Posted by le_pig View Post
    I don't know if this helps, but this is what I did. I never remove patches before updating to the new OS and I was having the same problem as you.

On WebOS QuickInstall, click on the blue down arrow on the right. Once that list loads, click on the drop down and select "WebOS Internals Feed (all)". Check the "Emergency Patch Recovery" section. Click Download. Once it downloads, click Close. Then you'll be back to the Main Page, then click on Install. I saw 2 plus signs (++) next to the Emergency Patch Recovery section which I 'think' means an update needs to be installed. Once I did all this, the "installed" patches were removed and I was able to install the current working ones again.

Hope this helps.
    Worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch!