Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    check that. got tweaks to load
    how d u install them??
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Same problem here. WOSQI errors out when trying to download feeds. Preware would slow my phone down to the point it was impossible to use and I would have to pull the battery. It all started happening last night when I tried to uninstall the "iPhone user agent spoof" patch since it seemed to have stopped working (web pages were not formated for iPhone).

I'm not sure if this is thousands of Pre users trying to do updates and it is slowing down all the feeds or if there is something fundamentally broken.

-Kevin
  4. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I am having issues UNINSTALLING things...I ran the EPR thing before I did the update, and it showed all as being uninstalled. Now when I go back in to try to retweak, it not only won't let me do that, it won't let me uninstall anything it didn't I guess...remove before. So like Youtube whatever will not uninstall.
  5. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFL View Post
    I've read through most of the thread, so I apologize if I missed this.

I upgraded to 1.4.0 yesterday without removing any patches. Always done this before and just run EPR then reinstalled patches. Never had an issue.

Downloaded WOSQI 3.02 today. New computer, so no version problems. Asked me to install WebOSDoctor and worked fine. Got through everything until I clicked Tweaks. It said I had recently run an update and it would update patches accordingly. Then I got error messages similar to one below for every patch.

Any help?
    Same here.
    FIX For WebOSQuickInstall / Preware - Critical Memory and Too Many Cards Open

Guys I found this on another thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/2262418-post22.html

Member tmm0f5 posted this fix and it has fixed all of my issues with WOSQI/Preware.

Figured it out....

Open WebOS Quick Install. With phone attached go to Tools then Linux Commandline.

Type:

ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists

It will list some files. Find the one that is very large. Mine was precentral. Then type (using precentral as the example):

rm /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/precentral
    Is this version of QI compatible with webOS1.4? For some reason it's not loading for me. When I go in to the tweaks menu it says Unable to load package list or something along those lines. I am having a problem with some of the patches in Preware and want to run the EPR. Is it safe to run EPR?
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
    Hey Jason Just wanted to get back with ya and let you know i Installed the 1.4 update and all went well i then connected to WebOS QI 3.2 and it poped up the update thing for all my patching and that as well worked although one failed because it was now included with the 1.4 update (led notification) but i just removed it and all was ok every thing worked as it should have you were good at getting this updated and the new release of 3.2 is great just wanted to take the time and let ya know and to say THANKS...
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFL View Post
    I've read through most of the thread, so I apologize if I missed this.

I upgraded to 1.4.0 yesterday without removing any patches. Always done this before and just run EPR then reinstalled patches. Never had an issue.

Downloaded WOSQI 3.02 today. New computer, so no version problems. Asked me to install WebOSDoctor and worked fine. Got through everything until I clicked Tweaks. It said I had recently run an update and it would update patches accordingly. Then I got error messages similar to one below for every patch.

Any help?
    I don't know if this helps, but this is what I did. I never remove patches before updating to the new OS and I was having the same problem as you.

On WebOS QuickInstall, click on the blue down arrow on the right. Once that list loads, click on the drop down and select "WebOS Internals Feed (all)". Check the "Emergency Patch Recovery" section. Click Download. Once it downloads, click Close. Then you'll be back to the Main Page, then click on Install. I saw 2 plus signs (++) next to the Emergency Patch Recovery section which I 'think' means an update needs to be installed. Once I did all this, the "installed" patches were removed and I was able to install the current working ones again.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    How come I can load themes using Preware OK, but I cannot use QI 3.02. I want to test a new theme, and when I download the "zip" file from Prethemer I cannot use that file and when I download the "ipk" file I get an installation error.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    yes same here and now im reinstalling . hopefully its works properly this time ha!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I can't access the tweaks section because it says I need to install lsdiff and gnupatch. However, these both show up as being installed under PreWare. Now if I download these and installing them, I get the following errors.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Hey Jason, first of I wanted to thank you for being such an active member of the Web OS community, you've made the Pre and pixi 100x better with your contributions. However, I cannot get quick install to work after using Web OS doctor 1.4. I have removed and redownloaded, reinstalled java, used different cables, reinstalled Novacom and no matter what I tried I get "ERROR: No Device Detected". What would you recommend?

I am using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit and a Sprint Pre.
    I know that you have lots of questions coming at you so thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by astroh View Post
    I can't access the tweaks section because it says I need to install lsdiff and gnupatch.
    Same here except I can't get to the section to install Preware, it keeps asking to install them and I do, but I can't get into the tweaks section. I can get into the Device management but not tweaks section.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by le_pig View Post
    I don't know if this helps, but this is what I did. I never remove patches before updating to the new OS and I was having the same problem as you.

On WebOS QuickInstall, click on the blue down arrow on the right. Once that list loads, click on the drop down and select "WebOS Internals Feed (all)". Check the "Emergency Patch Recovery" section. Click Download. Once it downloads, click Close. Then you'll be back to the Main Page, then click on Install. I saw 2 plus signs (++) next to the Emergency Patch Recovery section which I 'think' means an update needs to be installed. Once I did all this, the "installed" patches were removed and I was able to install the current working ones again.

Hope this helps.
    I'm having the same problem and was really excited to see your suggestion. How long should it take for the list to load after clicking on the blue down arrow? I've waited more than a minute, and still nothing. Any other way to get to EPR?

Thanks,
    Gayle
    I cant get my quickinstall to read my phone after updating. Anybody having the same issue if so how do we fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rjumawan View Post
    I cant get my quickinstall to read my phone after updating. Anybody having the same issue if so how do we fix it?
    wow i need some help here too lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGayleGo View Post
    I'm having the same problem and was really excited to see your suggestion. How long should it take for the list to load after clicking on the blue down arrow? I've waited more than a minute, and still nothing. Any other way to get to EPR?

Thanks,
    Gayle
    It took me several minutes. The servers are just overloaded.

Additional: I'm not sure of another way to get to the EPR besides the tweaks section. Maybe someone else might know? Sorry
    Last edited by le_pig; 02/28/2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: more
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by le_pig View Post
    It took me several minutes. The servers are just overloaded.

Additional: I'm not sure of another way to get to the EPR besides the tweaks section. Maybe someone else might know? Sorry

OK, I've made some progress...got the drop down box (~2 minutes), switched feed to WebOS (all), checked the box for EPR (I also had two plus signs), downloaded it. But still stuck in the infinite loop from he** where I can't access tweaks (or run EPR) due to the perpetual prompt to transition patches due to the update and the lack of ability to do so (get error messages - specifically one related to call-duration-in-call-log).

Any thoughts? Thanks again!

Edit: I should also mention that after this was unsuccessful, I restarted the phone, reconnected it, and tried again with the same result.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGayleGo View Post
    OK, I've made some progress...got the drop down box (~2 minutes), switched feed to WebOS (all), checked the box for EPR (I also had two plus signs), downloaded it. But still stuck in the infinite loop from he** where I can't access tweaks (or run EPR) due to the perpetual prompt to transition patches due to the update and the lack of ability to do so (get error messages - specifically one related to call-duration-in-call-log).

Any thoughts? Thanks again!

Edit: I should also mention that after this was unsuccessful, I restarted the phone, reconnected it, and tried again with the same result.
    Did you get the confirmation that they were installed?? The would clear out of the main screen when successfully installed. I honestly don't know if me rebooting my computer after they were installed helped, but you can try that.