Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Mine detects the device but WOSQI won't connect to any of the feeds to allow my to install preware.
    exactly what happens to me? anyway to fix this ??
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjharada View Post
    I've downloaded 3.01.
    Tools/device management seems to work fine and displays all applications and patches in the correct areas.
    When I try to do the Ipkg Repository Viewer, I get the Loading List... but it then seems to hang... with no loading of feeds. I can close the viewer screen.
    Any suggestions? I've rebooted machine and reinstalled Novacom.

Having the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiatt View Post
    Maybe it already says this somewhere in the 17 pages before this, but...

Is there anyway to tell the download page what feed to start up with? It starts (for me) with the "precentral app gallery feed" and that takes forever for some reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    exactly what happens to me? anyway to fix this ??
    Quote Originally Posted by aspbsecs View Post
    Having the same problem.
    The answer was listed earlier in this thread from Jason. The servers are taking huge hits since 1.4. This is also why Preware is hanging on many devices. Give it some time and the servers will eventually have freed up some bandwidth to be able to sustain all the requests from devices/pc's, etc.

Also, I'm using WebOS QI 3.02 and my device connects just fine after 1.4. However, I am using XP 32-bit. Not sure if there was a change since the above users who are having issues connecting are using Win7.

I just tried the Repo feeds from within QI and it is getting better. I was able to connect.

Jason, device management loaded just fine and it did show my apps and patches in my Pre. Just an FYI.

Thanks again Jason for all your hard work.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Where can I get the Gnu patch and Lsdiff files so I can install manually?
    Has anyone tried changing the phone dialer background after installing 1.4? Once I get home, I plan on trying it but was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it yet in 1.4?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I keep getting "No device connected"

Preware doesnt get past "downloading feeds"

Edit- got quick install to recognize my device. I didn't have it in dev mode.
    Last edited by on the outside; 02/27/2010 at 10:10 PM.
    Hey guys i read on this some and i think i know the answer but just want to be sure...

I know i need to remove my theme before update but i should be able to let it update with out removing all my patching and so on but how does it work? I mean is it working well or should i just run EPR then update and re-patch all? does webOS QI do it automatically or do i have to launch something... i have some patches installed via Preware and WebOS QI does that make a difference?

Thanks for you answer on this
    Webosqi will not load the list of apps when I press the down arrow. I doctored my phone and preware is gone. I managed to reinstall it directly but it needs package manager service. Is there a way to install that when I cannot get the list of apps to install on webosqi?
    Laissez Faire
    my problem is a little different

every time i connect the pre to my computer, it kills my internet

I use a Belkin wireless G usb receiver, and when i connect the pre to QI, the computer stops sending and receiving data, which means i cant download any of the feeds or any websites for that matter

any ideas?
    Good work.
    - Device: Palm Pre version 1.4
    - Operating System: i am not completly sure

Hello...i am sorry i am completly new to this...well i downloaded your webOS quick install and i seem to be having some trouble gettin into tweaks and themer.......in tweaks it is saying ,"tweaking requires both GNU patch and lsdiff installed to function. One or both of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now? yes or no"......then it says it'll take a few minutes to install.... i click ok but nothing happens......and it doesnt let me put any themes in it either.....it says, "sorry theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place"... and i am wondering what to do can you help me?????
    - Device: Palm Pre version 1.4
    - Operating System: i am not completly sure

Hello...i am sorry i am completly new to this...well i downloaded your webOS quick install and i seem to be having some trouble gettin into tweaks and themer.......in tweaks it is saying ,"tweaking requires both GNU patch and lsdiff installed to function. One or both of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now? yes or no"......then it says it'll take a few minutes to install.... i click ok but nothing happens......and it doesnt let me put any themes in it either.....it says, "sorry theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place"... and i am wondering what to do can you help me?????
    I was able to get around the install lsdiff and gnupatch issue by installing them manually through preware. Quick install now works fine. I have installed several patches with no issues. Thanks Jason for all the hard work!
    Not sure if these 2 issues are connected to 1.4 or not, but let me put them out there and see if they are even connnected

WebOSQI 3.02, when I go to tools>commandline and try to navigate, it will not let me move out of the / dir.

I can do ls and get the list, I can type cd usr, enter, it does not return an error, but does not navigate me to the usr directory. When I do a pwd after issuing the cd, I am STILL at /

Now, dont KNOW if this has anything to do with it, but before updating to 1.4 WebOS, I had no trouble getting into a putty session to move around

NOW, I can get a login prompt, but when I enter my password (and YES I know the correct one I set up), I am getting access denied.

Sorry if the second part of my question does not belong here, just seems they are some how connected.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks
    Diane
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Preware and WebOS QI are both completely causing my phone to freeze where I get the infamous "Too Many Cards" and "Memory critic, too many cards" errors. There's nothing else I'm running on my phone so it has to be these 2 applications. I was able to get the app feeds to populate again in WebOS QI, but I cannot install anything since I receive a ERROR 2: CONNECT REFUSED. I confirmed I'm in developer mode and always have been. When I say the phone freezes, it becomes completely inoperable and I have to rip out the battery since recovery is not possible by simply waiting. I must have wasted a good 10 hours of my life trying to fix this on my own to no success. I really can use some pointers as I don't see anyone reporting their phone freezing like Preware and WebOS is causing for my Pre. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmr65 View Post
    As long as your patches and wosqi tweaks are the latest versions, then u shouldn't need to remove and re-install. YOU MUST REMOVE ANY INSTALLED THEME before the upgrade. Run emergency file verification to make sure your patches and pre are up to date.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ation-efv.html
    Is this the case if I used Preware instead? I use preware more often only because I don't have to plug in my phone. WOQI is still an awesome program, I just have different uses for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Not sure if these 2 issues are connected to 1.4 or not, but let me put them out there and see if they are even connnected

WebOSQI 3.02, when I go to tools>commandline and try to navigate, it will not let me move out of the / dir.

I can do ls and get the list, I can type cd usr, enter, it does not return an error, but does not navigate me to the usr directory. When I do a pwd after issuing the cd, I am STILL at /
    I noticed this as well. My desktop has a 7 x64 ): and would not connect to the Pre so I dropped back to my XP notebook.
    Type the complete address and it will work, "cd" doesn't. It's a pain, luckily I was only doing some short commands.
    I've read through most of the thread, so I apologize if I missed this.

I upgraded to 1.4.0 yesterday without removing any patches. Always done this before and just run EPR then reinstalled patches. Never had an issue.

Downloaded WOSQI 3.02 today. New computer, so no version problems. Asked me to install WebOSDoctor and worked fine. Got through everything until I clicked Tweaks. It said I had recently run an update and it would update patches accordingly. Then I got error messages similar to one below for every patch.

Any help?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbonizio View Post
    Preware and WebOS QI are both completely causing my phone to freeze where I get the infamous "Too Many Cards" and "Memory critic, too many cards" errors. There's nothing else I'm running on my phone so it has to be these 2 applications. I was able to get the app feeds to populate again in WebOS QI, but I cannot install anything since I receive a ERROR 2: CONNECT REFUSED. I confirmed I'm in developer mode and always have been. When I say the phone freezes, it becomes completely inoperable and I have to rip out the battery since recovery is not possible by simply waiting. I must have wasted a good 10 hours of my life trying to fix this on my own to no success. I really can use some pointers as I don't see anyone reporting their phone freezing like Preware and WebOS is causing for my Pre. Thanks
    I'm getting this EXACT same problem. I uninstalled Preware because every time I launched it last night I had to pull the battery. I'm re-installing it now and hoping it doesn't do the same thing.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    cant access the repository...tried to go into tweaks, told me it had to do a one time update and now its basically frozen...sigh