Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I just updated to WebOS 1.4, and when I click on Tweas in WebOS Quick Install I get this message

Any idea on what to do?
    Last edited by costas; 02/27/2010 at 11:43 AM.
    1.4 killed it for me. It doesn't want to install GNU patch and lsdiff.
    I'm running 32 bit Windows 7.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Nvm.. everything works fine now for some reason.
  4.    #284  
    To those having issues with the feed not loading, and gnu patch and lfdiff not installing, I just want to say you aren't alone. Those files are downloaded from webos-internals' server and right now, with Preware and AUPT, they're getting absolutely hammered.

My advice, just try again later today or a few days from now when their servers lower down to reasonable levels
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    OK, need some assistance.

Just updated 1.4

Prior to update, deleted all patches and preware.

After update, using most recent WebOS Quick Install, reinstalled preware and packet manager service.

At this point when i load preware app, its stuck at downloading feed information.

Please let me know what i might have to do to get preware to work again, AND with simple instructions like i don't know what i'm doing. (aka no abbreviations, don't pretend i know the apps or terms on how to get this working again.)

Thanks if you can help.

PS, LOVING 1.4 update
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update Jason, I'm just glad I was able to get my character counter back. I'll try the rest later when the servers calm down a bit.
    Hello, I've come across a problem while WebOS Quick Install.

While I was using Quick Install, my Pre (which was connected to my computer) would not light up (I'm not too sure how to describe it) as if it was off, and would not come on at all, and when I used Restart Luna, it didn't appear to work. Yet it was still showing as connected on Quick Install. This has happened to me before I started using Quick Install, so I figured a reset (orange key + sym + R) would do the trick.

My Pre is now stuck on its loading screen, the "palm" logo is not pulsing. However, it can still connect to Quick Install, and I can still see it on "Device Management".

Could anyone perhaps shed some light on a solution? Should I use the WebOSdoctor?

For information, I updated my webOS to 1.4. today, and I use Windows XP 32-bit.

Thanks.
    Last edited by pcm3; 02/27/2010 at 01:31 PM.
    I try to download tweeks and I keep getting saying that I need to install GNU patch and Lsdiff. when I click yes to install I get this error- while attempting to install. file.ipk. Can someone help me?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ^ it's probably because the server's are getting hammered right now, you'll probably have to try in a couple days again like Jason was saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    I just updated to WebOS 1.4, and when I click on Tweas in WebOS Quick Install I get this message

Any idea on what to do?
    i got the same thing.... look at Jason's posting directly below your quoted posting
    if your having a problem updating feed try going into manage feeds and turn off app catalog feeds and the app catalog update feeds and then update again see if that works for you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    has anyone been successful in getting WebOS QI to install (and therefor getting Java 6 to install) on a Power PC or 32 bit Intel Mac?

I read the instructions and they talk about the update for the 64 bit intel macs, which I do not have. Any help?
    has anyone been successful in getting WebOS QI to install (and therefor getting Java 6 to install) on a Power PC or 32 bit Intel Mac?

I read the instructions and they talk about the update for the 64 bit intel macs, which I do not have. Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    To those having issues with the feed not loading, and gnu patch and lfdiff not installing, I just want to say you aren't alone. Those files are downloaded from webos-internals' server and right now, with Preware and AUPT, they're getting absolutely hammered.

My advice, just try again later today or a few days from now when their servers lower down to reasonable levels
    can someone email me or torrent the new package manager service, gnu patch and lfdiff?

delete2end@gmail.com

that would be so cool....
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    IF you're now at webos 1.4.0, remember that you will need to not only update WEB OS QI but also the webosdoctor file (delete the old .jar files). I was stuck on "loading list" whenever I opened WebOS QI not understanding what happened, until this duh moment dawned on me.
    Actually didn't solve my problem. Anyone using a pre updated to 1.4.0 with WebOS QI 3.02 or higher under windows 7-64bit sucessfully?

It gets stuck on loading feeds and only shows one app that I installed after upgrading to 1.4.0 (doesn't show rest of my apps).
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I am getting an error downloading package feeds from WebOS quick install. I can not install preware or anything with the new version...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post

Any idea on what to do?
    That is the same thing I am getting
    I'm getting the error loading package feed too.
    just installed webos quick install ver 3.02 and when i click on "themer" -> "load theme" it says "sorry, theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place". what does that mean and how do i fix it??? and if this was asked or answered already sorry
    I keep getting a message that says "Insert the disk that came with your Palm Novacom I don't know what to do just got my Pre today and was lookin forward to some home brews please help me