Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I downloaded 3.02 but in about it says 3.01???
    It doesn't upgrade. I believe you have to delete the old version and use the new one you downloaded. In my case, I had it on my desktop. I deleted the old (3.0.1) and dragged the new 3.0.2 from my download folder to my desktop. A person can simply click on the new file in their download folder and open it that way, if they want.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    OK. Java is apparently not in your PATH environment variable. So, issue the command like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java" -jar webosquickinstall.jar

Be sure to include the quotation marks or it will fail again.
    Cool. This works. But does anyone know how I can get around the java error code?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    When I upgraded from 3.01 to 3.02 WebOs QI no longer displays the patches that I have installed. They do not show under Tweaks or Device Management. The Applications do display. All patches were updated to AUPT level before I upgraded to 3.02
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by usmchercpilot View Post
    Having a problem with Themer...I just downloaded 3.02 and I am getting an error message..
    mv: cannot rename '/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml':no such file or directory

I downloaded a theme via preware and installed it but now I am trying to uninstall any suggestions??

Thanks!
    I'm having the same problem - any ideas?

By the way, Jason, thanks for a great program. And GO CANADA!!! (except in Men's Ice Hockey, GO USA!!!)
    I ran EPR and QI3.0.2 says it was sucessfull in removing patches. If you go into Device Management all patches an tweeks appear to be removed but they are still on the phone. I've restarted luna and the whole phone. any thoughts?
    i just downloaded the webos quick install and did everything it says so it can run and its saying "device not found" how can i get it to work
    Jason, thanks for the update! Runs like a champ.

I noticed in 1.4 that the call log / phone app has changed significantly. Should we wait before trying to change the dialer background?

thanks again!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I JUST doctored my phone and went to reinstall the package manager service for preware... when I started WOSQI I got the prompt that 3.02 was available so I downloaded it... I just can't seem to get WOSQI to recognize my phone when it is attached. I have had this issue periodically ant it has always been resolved with either resetting the phone, the PC, or both. Thisapproach is totally not working this time and there are too many variables changed for me to have a good idea of what to do now. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by travistyofjustice View Post
    I JUST doctored my phone and went to reinstall the package manager service for preware... when I started WOSQI I got the prompt that 3.02 was available so I downloaded it... I just can't seem to get WOSQI to recognize my phone when it is attached. I have had this issue periodically ant it has always been resolved with either resetting the phone, the PC, or both. Thisapproach is totally not working this time and there are too many variables changed for me to have a good idea of what to do now. Any ideas?
    I was having the same issue for 20 minutes, then I realized I had to reenable Dev Mode. Most of us have had dev mode enabled permanently for so long that we've forgotten that it is actually a required step in order for WebOS QI to talk to the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I was having the same issue for 20 minutes, then I realized I had to reenable Dev Mode. Most of us have had dev mode enabled permanently for so long that we've forgotten that it is actually a required step in order for WebOS QI to talk to the phone.
    OMG! Yeah I forgot that step. That is funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by travistyofjustice View Post
    OMG! Yeah I forgot that step. That is funny!
    Frustrating.... isn't it?

I'm sitting here steaming b/c I cannot get the named pages patch to install on a freshly "Full Erased" and Freshly DR'd phone. Now, I'm using the CAJ2008 approach to first take it all the way back to Dr 1.2.1!!
    Hey Jason!

First...lemme say that this is NOT my first time using WebOSQI/WebOS Doctor. I doctored my Pre no more than 20mins ago as I was trying to do a total wipe.

I was using WebOSQI 3.02...but it Doctored me to version 1.3.5.1. No biggie though, I just went to the WebOs Doctor download site on WebOS-Internals and got the 1.4.0 Doctor.

But my problem came when trying to re-Doctor. It tried to run that damned Novacom program and returned this to me in a command prompt:

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom\amd64\novacomd.exe
    Service Removed
    I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the Novacom program, but keep getting the same thing. But the weird thing is that I checked that directory...and novacomd.exe is there.

What am I doing wrong?

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    WebOSQI v3.02
    WebOS Doctor v1.4.0 (Link)
    Java (Latest)
    DevMode is Enabled
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    Hey Jason!

First...lemme say that this is NOT my first time using WebOSQI/WebOS Doctor. I doctored my Pre no more than 20mins ago as I was trying to do a total wipe.

I was using WebOSQI 3.02...but it Doctored me to version 1.3.5.1. No biggie though, I just went to the WebOs Doctor download site on WebOS-Internals and got the 1.4.0 Doctor.

But my problem came when trying to re-Doctor. It tried to run that damned Novacom program and returned this to me in a command prompt:

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom\amd64\novacomd.exe
    Service Removed
    I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the Novacom program, but keep getting the same thing. But the weird thing is that I checked that directory...and novacomd.exe is there.

What am I doing wrong?

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    WebOSQI v3.02
    WebOS Doctor v1.4.0 (Link)
    Java (Latest)
    DevMode is Enabled

That response is normal. Did you check PC task manager to see if Novacom.exe is running??
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    That response is normal. Did you check PC task manager to see if Novacom.exe is running??
    Yep. It was running...but as soon as that message appeared, it ran no more. 0_o
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been asked before but can I take a backup of installed apps and then reinstall them after I have doctored the phone?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Still at 1.3.5.2 as I cant doctor it until I know a way to copy and get the apps back on the device.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Problem is still happening with Novacom. And when I try to uninstall it says that it IS running and would I like to stop it for uninstallation.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    Problem is still happening with Novacom. And when I try to uninstall it says that it IS running and would I like to stop it for uninstallation.
    Since I am not running Windows 7, I have no other input to your problem. I am sure someone will get you going...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    Since I am not running Windows 7, I have no other input to your problem. I am sure someone will get you going...
    Hmm I had a whole paragraph typed up...and FF crashed. Anyway what's happening is that the new WebOS Doctor v1.4.0 (206MB) is not working right.

I thought it was maybe a conflict happening with WebOSQI v3.02 and the new Doctor at first, but then I tried WebOSQI v3.02 with WebOS Doctor v1.3.5.1 (207MB) and everything is working great again. So this little mishap is all Palm's fault it seems.

This new "Doctor" seems to be breaking the link whenever it run.

Maybe this is that so-called WebOS Doctor problem that Jason was having this morning.