Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    As shown in the previous posts I can't get the Ipkg Repository Viewer to open. No errors nothing. I can go into device management and that works fine. I am thinking come file got corrupt and wanted to delete everything so wOSQI thinks it is a new computer. I did the basic delete of everything but that did not help.
    If not what else could be the problem?

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    wish I could help cuz I'm experiencing the same exact issue. The blue repository button is not responsive...no error message or anything. I uninstalled java, WSQI, Repair utility, Doctor, novacom and restarted my computer...(did all of this because I had a real issues with doctoring my phone)...then reinstalled everything with no success. Anybody having this problem?
    Just got a brand new replacement palm pre. Installation of webosquickinstall was flawless as was preware.When i open webosquickinstall and try to go to the tweaks menu the window pops up and all options except enable haptic feedback, and the new cards are NOT highlighted. I also can't click x button to exit the window... i have to ctrl+alt+delete.

also: I just noticed that patches or tweaks don't show up in preware either..

Thanks for all your hard work everyone
    palm pre forever!
    Have you ever considered adding a search engine selector for Universal Search?

The first time you choose one, it could add all the actual search logic to the file as a patch, and then just uncomment the ones you check off that you want to display.

I'm sure it's more complex than that, but it's pretty much the only patch I do manually these days, to add a couple searches.

It'd be pretty difficult via Preware but seems it might be possible with your app.
    Is it possible to save a listing of patches that we have installed to make reinstalling them after upgrades easier? I have over 20 installed now and it's time consuming to reinstall them after the upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by youngwilldaking View Post
    im just install webos quick install and it keep telling me my phone is not hooked up i downloaded novacom and put the phone in developer mode can someone help me!
    is the pre in 'just charge', or usb mode? It will only work in 'just charge 'mode.

in windows go into services in computer management , and make sure novacomb is running. (right click my computer and click manage)

If that's not the prob, look in control panel/system /hardware for the device, under usb - if it has a yellow exclamation mark, delete and let windows find n re-install.
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Is it possible to save a listing of patches that we have installed to make reinstalling them after upgrades easier? I have over 20 installed now and it's time consuming to reinstall them after the upgrade.
    As long as your patches and wosqi tweaks are the latest versions, then u shouldn't need to remove and re-install. YOU MUST REMOVE ANY INSTALLED THEME before the upgrade. Run emergency file verification to make sure your patches and pre are up to date.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ation-efv.html
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
    Thank you for an outstanding application
    For some reason I am getting this error when I try to add the custom feed for the freetetherd service. I also get the error if I select the WebOS Internals (Pre) feed, but not the Pixi or All feed.

Any suggestions? I've used QI plenty of times, so I know it is working on my machine.
    Hi.
    I'm trying to use 3.0.1 for the first time on my Pre Plus, but I'm getting an error that says i don't have any blocks in the "media" folder--which, of course, doesn't exist in the Plus. I checked my device information in Quick Install, and it says I have a "Palm Pre," (not Pre Plus), but that my carrier is Verizon(!!!). Did I somehow set up the wrong configuration? If so, I don't see a way to correct or reverse the mistake. If that isn't the case, what's gone wrong?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I'm trying to install Quick Install for windows 7, but when I select javaw as my app to open the jar file, an error message appears saying it cannot find the main class with the location of the jar file afterwards. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I've gotten quick install and everything to work before on an older computer with windows vista. Could someone let me know how to correct this?
    Quote Originally Posted by XTruGambitX View Post
    I'm trying to install Quick Install for windows 7, but when I select javaw as my app to open the jar file, an error message appears saying it cannot find the main class with the location of the jar file afterwards. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I've gotten quick install and everything to work before on an older computer with windows vista. Could someone let me know how to correct this?
    I also run Windows 7 (64-bit). Try the following commands from a command console window and compare your results to mine...

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Phil>assoc .jar
    .jar=jarfile

C:\Users\Phil>ftype jarfile
    jarfile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*
    I installed a theme with the webos quick install a few months ago. i just went to take it off today, and when i opened the quick install and i am not able to select revert to default. it says that i am running the default theme.

How would i be able to get back to my original theme?

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    I also run Windows 7 (64-bit). Try the following commands from a command console window and compare your results to mine...

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Phil>assoc .jar
    .jar=jarfile

C:\Users\Phil>ftype jarfile
    jarfile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*
    Results ended up looking the same as yours. I'm also running 64 bit Windows 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by XTruGambitX View Post
    Results ended up looking the same as yours. I'm also running 64 bit Windows 7.
    You can work around that until you determine the actual cause.

First, bring up a command console window, cd to the location of webosquickinstall.jar and issue the following command:

java -jar webosquickinstall.jar

I expect you will find that it runs fine then. You could create a .bat file containing those commands to run webosqi when you want to use it.

As to actually solving the problem, I guess I would first completely remove Java, cold reboot the PC, reinstall Java and see if double-clicking the .jar file works.
    quick question. i have seen alot of posts regarding the "stuck in headset" mode. i just noticed this morning mine is as well. yesterday i unistalled all patches and reinstalled with the newest version of webos. anyone think that a patch could be responsible for this? have had my pre since aug and this is the first problem i have encountered. i would hate to get a refurbished one, a buddy did and it was nothing but problems
    donator to fine products like webOSquickinstall, preware, various apps, and a few themes. thanks to all for your hard work on the pre that i have no idea how to do!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by morty25 View Post
    quick question. i have seen alot of posts regarding the "stuck in headset" mode.s
    Taking a stab in the dark here...but if you mean that the phone constantly acts like there is a headset plugged in when there isn't...I have found that on the rare occasion that I experience this, I typically just plug my headset back in once or twice to get it to finally recognize that there's no headset plugged in anymore.

Both of my old Treo's did this on occasion too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianthusiast View Post
    Just got a brand new replacement palm pre. Installation of webosquickinstall was flawless as was preware.When i open webosquickinstall and try to go to the tweaks menu the window pops up and all options except enable haptic feedback, and the new cards are NOT highlighted. I also can't click x button to exit the window... i have to ctrl+alt+delete.

also: I just noticed that patches or tweaks don't show up in preware either..

Thanks for all your hard work everyone
    palm pre forever!
    i am also experiencing this problem... >.< help!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D33 View Post
    wish I could help cuz I'm experiencing the same exact issue. The blue repository button is not responsive...no error message or anything. I uninstalled java, WSQI, Repair utility, Doctor, novacom and restarted my computer...(did all of this because I had a real issues with doctoring my phone)...then reinstalled everything with no success. Anybody having this problem?

I am also experiencing this problem. I have had no problem with previous versions of WOSQI on this computer. Will be trying it at home later.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by autochef View Post
    I am also experiencing this problem. I have had no problem with previous versions of WOSQI on this computer. Will be trying it at home later.
    Apparently WebOS Doctor did not download correctly. I have had this happen in the past. Don't know the reason, but it stopped downloading about halfway through while reporting that it was finished.

Anyway, it downloaded properly this time around and now QI works. The whole file should be somewhere around 212mb (for the sprint pre).
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    For some reason I am getting this error when I try to add the custom feed for the freetetherd service. I also get the error if I select the WebOS Internals (Pre) feed, but not the Pixi or All feed.

Any suggestions? I've used QI plenty of times, so I know it is working on my machine.
    did you figure out a fix for this? i get the exact same thing when i use the link provided on the first page and add it as a feed