Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Having a problem with 3.0 & 2.96.

2.96 Was working before don't how or when it got messed up.

1: Pre in DEV Mode
    2: Java 1.6 Installed
    3: Novacom installed. It shows in services as "started"
    4: I put 2.96 or 3.0 in a folder with WebOS Doctor (only 1 version of WebOs Quick Install at a time with the Doctor.

5: When I go to WebOS Quick Install under "Device Management"
    It does show installed APPS. But if I click on the blue button arrow it does nothing. (No errors, nothing)

I tried restarting phone, computer several times, took phone out of Dev mode then back in several times,un-installed novacom & reinstalled several time with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Still having a problem.

How do I Remove WebOS Quick install & novacom completly?
    I mean any remnants of both of them. I did uninstall novacom from uninstall programs etc. Then deleated both WebOS Quick Install & the doctor. Then rebooted the computer then re-downloaded everything but it still does not prompt me at the begining to select usb or emulator.
    I want WebOS Quick install to "think it is a new computer with a fresh install where it prompts you to select USB or emulator upon launching for the first time.

I am pettty sure if I can get it to do that it should work again.

I put my Pre on a different computer
    that never had it installed & it worked the first time using the same methods on this computer.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Why don't you just open up WebOS QI, File > options > Choose Emulator or USB.

Is there something else you wanted?
    As shown in the previous posts I can't get the Ipkg Repository Viewer to open. No errors nothing. I can go into device management and that works fine. I am thinking come file got corrupt and wanted to delete everything so wOSQI thinks it is a new computer. I did the basic delete of everything but that did not help.
    If not what else could be the problem?

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by giancaperu View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I'm totally stuck and was getting frustrated untill I saw that I wasn't the only one with this issue.
    Please help.
    when you webos doctor your phone you also need to do the full erase... the way i do it is do the full erase then doctor the phone that's gives you a clean slate that's what i did to do when i had a sim. prob. if you have a sprint or verizion make sure you have webis QI download the right webos doctor for your device...

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave81j6 View Post
    I can not install any of the patches I had installed prior to updating to 3.01 (using Version2.96 .)
    ie; (Add Date MM/DD or Alarm Daily Options)

I can install any patch i did not have installed with the prior version.

Before I updated to Version3.01, I ran EPR on Version2.96 to remove any installed patches I had.

Updating to Version3.01, the new WebOSQuickInstall believes that those same patches I previously had are still installed, and It only gives the option to update. Choosing to update results in a failure message, pictures below.

I have run WebOS Doctor twice in an attempt to fully remove any remnant patches. This has not worked as Version3.01 still recognizes my previous patches and only offers the option to update, which results in said failure message. I have also run EPR several times on Version3.01 to no avail.

If I choose any patch that I did not have installed prior to version3.01, no problem, the patch will install just as expected. This problem is specific to patches previously installed. I want the patches I had installed, (thats why I installed them!) and version3.01 will not; Install, Update, or Remove them via EPR.

I am stuck!

Thanks in Advance
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    when you webos doctor your phone you also need to do the full erase... the way i do it is do the full erase then doctor the phone that's gives you a clean slate that's what i did to do when i had a sim. prob. if you have a sprint or verizion make sure you have webis QI download the right webos doctor for your device...

THANKYOU VERY MUCH!
    - Completed the Full Erase in Device Menu
    - Ran WebOSDoctor
    - Vwalla! Solved the problem.

just finished installing all of my favorite patches. thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post

Hey, how do you do the full erase?
    - Do I just go in as USB drive and Delete everything?
    - Format the drive attached when in USB?

My procedure was the following:

- Backed up my files to my pc.
    - Webos Doctor
    - when finished, I created a new Palm Profile.

Still same issue.

I would like to try the Full Erase, but what is that procedure?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave81j6 View Post
    THANKYOU VERY MUCH!
    - Completed the Full Erase in Device Menu
    - Ran WebOSDoctor
    - Vwalla! Solved the problem.

just finished installing all of my favorite patches. thanks again!
    Ahhh!!... Full Erase in the Device Menu... I found it. Will try it when I get home!

Thanks!
    Hi, I am not a tech savvy person. I have a pre and I just recently started reading about the patches and preware. I heard about the LED notification thing and looked into it because I thought that was a good idea. I've attempted to do all of this installing, etc. and it's not a user friendly process. All I can say is that i'm clicking on the WebOSQuickInstall.jar icon, and it doesn't do anything. A little icon pops up in the bottom icons on my macbook and then it goes away. I also downloaded the webOSDoctor.jar thing and i put it in developer mode, and I downloaded novacomd, which, to be honest, I have no idea what it even was. It looked like something for my itunes.

Anyway, the point is, i'm not tech savvy, is there somewhere I can go to get help on this? Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    Hi, I am not a tech savvy person. I have a pre and I just recently started reading about the patches and preware. I heard about the LED notification thing and looked into it because I thought that was a good idea. I've attempted to do all of this installing, etc. and it's not a user friendly process. All I can say is that i'm clicking on the WebOSQuickInstall.jar icon, and it doesn't do anything. A little icon pops up in the bottom icons on my macbook and then it goes away. I also downloaded the webOSDoctor.jar thing and i put it in developer mode, and I downloaded novacomd, which, to be honest, I have no idea what it even was. It looked like something for my itunes.

Anyway, the point is, i'm not tech savvy, is there somewhere I can go to get help on this? Am I doing something wrong?
    Read this:

http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    well, i did. That link is the part that isn't straight forward to me. Is there a reason why the WebOSQuickInstall.jar icon doesn't do anything?
    Did you try rebooting your computer?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Several questions have been asked in this thread about when will we be able to load themes or what is the work around until Webos 3.1 is available. Some of us are developing themes and when we try to load a theme file that we have downloaded to our PC we get a message stating that this option is not available in 3.01. I have not seen an answer to the question(s)....
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    does this not work if you have windows 7 i keep trying i got java updated and verified i redownloaded ive tried on mozilla firefox and internet explorer and everytime i try to open the webosquickinstall.jar a black box pops up with some words then disappears somebody help, i might just be an *****
    When will we be able to theme our pre? Hasn't worked since new update..
    Just joined the Pre world today and I am running Windows 7 on my PC. I have an understanding that there is an issue with WebOS Quick Install's communication with a driver needed to add all the tweaks, etc. I have tried editing the file as seen here but it is has been to no avail since I still cannot "find" my device on the WebOS Quick Install. Can anyone either point me in the correct direction or help me out? Thanks!
    (Don't want to read the whole thread.) Whenever I run this I get a lot of "Error 5", something about an address. Is this normaL
    Laissez Faire
    Hi Jason..

I'm running an 02 pre 1.3.5.2 with wosqi on windows server 2003 32-bit, and it's all good, other than on the latest version of wosqi the dev mode launcher icon tweak has dissapeared.

The dev mode icon, had been patched, i don't remember which patch was used. And i also ticked the show dev mode box on the options page on previous version of wosqi.

Bottom line is that the efv patch is detecting a 'stock file modified via a method other than supported patch technology':

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json

i've tried running the show dev mode icon patch, but that's not installing, and the efv keeps coming back with the error.

Is there a way of either updating the patch, or removing and re-installing to get rid of the error?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if you take feature requests, but it would be nice if we could create profiles so that after a update/doctor, we could apply the profile and all our patches, tweaks, and apps could be downloaded and installed at once.
    Last edited by dowish; 02/19/2010 at 01:41 AM. Reason: fix some grammar
    When I access the tweaks window, a dialog box pops up informing me, "It appears your device's version of WebOS has recently updated. WebOS QuickInstall needs to transition new patches to this version. Would you like to do that now?" Of course, I click yes. It then throws this error and kicks back to the tweak menu where I am once again prompted to transition new patches:
    I think it stems from a patch that I installed via PreWare a couple months ago. When I try to uninstall it via Device Management, I get the exact same error message and then my pre restarts. When I try to uninstall the patch via PreWare, it gives me an ipkg error. Any ideas on how to get rid of this patch?

Also, here is the file that's causing the error:org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-video-downloads.prerm - Windows Live
    Last edited by Zbecker; 02/19/2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added some extra information
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbecker View Post
    When I access the tweaks window, a dialog box pops up informing me, "It appears your device's version of WebOS has recently updated. WebOS QuickInstall needs to transition new patches to this version. Would you like to do that now?" Of course, I click yes. It then throws this error and kicks back to the tweak menu where I am once again prompted to transition new patches
    I had this issue (with a different remnant patch) and the only thing that fixed it and allowed me to use WOSQI 3.01 was WebOS Doctoring. This was my first time doctoring and it went smoothly taking about 15-20 minutes.
    im just install webos quick install and it keep telling me my phone is not hooked up i downloaded novacom and put the phone in developer mode can someone help me!
    I really appreciate this bro..