Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    im Having issues downloading webos quick installer on my Macbook. i have webosdoctor alreadly loaded. when i download the jar file it opens, then nothing happens. What do i do
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Have you made sure all the drivers are installed? did it work on your home pc before you updated? Try rebooting both the pre and your computer clear your java cache then hook up the pre and then open webos qi see if that help... Some more info would help us help you like what OS you have and weather its x64(64bit) or x86(32bit)... and what steps you have taken... Also you may try the reinstall of nova-com Open WebOS QI click on file then click options theen click the reinstall nova-com drivers

Royce
    Hi Royce,

Sorry for not much information of my PC.
    OS is WINXP sp2 and GSM Pre QWERTZ unlock 1.3.5.2 version.
    WOQI is work before in my home PC.
    Tried reinstall novacom with your method before.
    Also clear java cache though control panel, but it does not work.

roy
    I have everything installed (newest Java, webOS Doctor, and webOSqi), BUT, nothing in webOSqi actually responds. I was going to install Novacom, but when I click options it just sits there. Same with everything else. I've installed and deleted quick install a couple of times and I still get the same issues. The only things that respond are the exit, add file, and help options.

Any ideas?
    works like a charm. your time & effort are greatly appreciated!!
    I don't know if it's because I have a Mac or because this is a Pre Plus... But here's my problem.

I downloaded WebOS install and its the correct updated version and in .jar file format. Here's the problem, when I open and run it, it immediately closes when I go to install Web Doctor.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Also, new to pre's so here's another random dumb question: Is there a back gesture while I'm in an app, say I click on "explore" in the app store and I want to go back to the home screen of the app store. Do I have to close out of the app store and then reenter it to get back to home screen?

Thanks
    Just do a back swipe.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Thanks!
    Can somebody please tell me where I went wrong? When I click on the .jar file this is what comes up, somebody please help I have been at this for days and I can't find a solution.

ok on the webos quick installer, you can go to tweaks then to styling mods, if you select to change dailing background it pulls up a screen where you hav to select a folder and a pic. well i need to now how to get it to put a pic there, and if the pics im selecting are to big, Help pls.....
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Great program, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubaholic View Post
    Can somebody please tell me where I went wrong? When I click on the .jar file this is what comes up, somebody please help I have been at this for days and I can't find a solution.
    You apparently have WinRAR installed on your PC, so it sees a file ending in the extension, .jar as an archive file which it is offering to break apart for you when you click on it.

In this case, that is NOT what you want to happen.

You can run WebOS Quick Install manually by bringing up a command console window (Click on Start then click on or type run. Another way to get "Run" started is to press and hold the "Windows" key followed by pressing the "r" key on your keyboard. In the dialog that just came up, type cmd and click OK). CD to the folder where you placed webosquickinstall.jar and then type the command...

java -jar webosquickinstall.jar
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I can not install any of the patches I had installed prior to updating to 3.01 (using Version2.96 .)
    ie; (Add Date MM/DD or Alarm Daily Options)

I can install any patch i did not have installed with the prior version.

Before I updated to Version3.01, I ran EPR on Version2.96 to remove any installed patches I had.

Updating to Version3.01, the new WebOSQuickInstall believes that those same patches I previously had are still installed, and It only gives the option to update. Choosing to update results in a failure message, pictures below.

I have run WebOS Doctor twice in an attempt to fully remove any remnant patches. This has not worked as Version3.01 still recognizes my previous patches and only offers the option to update, which results in said failure message. I have also run EPR several times on Version3.01 to no avail.

If I choose any patch that I did not have installed prior to version3.01, no problem, the patch will install just as expected. This problem is specific to patches previously installed. I want the patches I had installed, (thats why I installed them!) and version3.01 will not; Install, Update, or Remove them via EPR.

I am stuck!

Thanks in Advance
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13. i3
    wobos is now telling me to connect the device even though it is connected... could it be that i installed preware on th handset and used that to install some patches....? could it be the patch that directs te connection of usb cable to just charge mode...? i installed that patch...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave81j6 View Post
    I can not install any of the patches I had installed prior to updating to 3.01 (using Version2.96 .)

Before I updated to Version3.01, I ran EPR on Version2.96 to remove any installed patches I had.

Updating to Version3.01, the new WebOSQuickInstall believes that those same patches I previously had are still installed, and It only gives the option to update. Choosing to update results in a failure message, pictures below.

I have run WebOS Doctor twice in an attempt to fully remove any remnant patches. This has not worked as Version3.01 still recognizes my previous patches and only offers the option to update, which results in said failure message. I have also run EPR several times on Version3.01 to no avail.

If I choose any patch that I did not have installed prior to version3.01, no problem, the patch will install just as expected. This problem is specific to patches previously installed. I want the patches I had installed, (thats why I installed them!) and version3.01 will not; Install, Update, or Remove them via EPR.

I am stuck!

Thanks in Advance
    i am trying to figure out how to remove patches as well, i think i read that with the new version you do not need to remove tweaks or patches??? is this true with version 3.0? if not how do i remove patches
    Quote Originally Posted by i3 View Post
    wobos is now telling me to connect the device even though it is connected... could it be that i installed preware on th handset and used that to install some patches....? could it be the patch that directs te connection of usb cable to just charge mode...? i installed that patch...
    I've been having the same problem and its very frustrating, everyone on this site who has offered me help has given great advice but unfortunately I still haven't resolved the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by supercross250 View Post
    ok on the webos quick installer, you can go to tweaks then to styling mods, if you select to change dailing background it pulls up a screen where you hav to select a folder and a pic. well i need to now how to get it to put a pic there, and if the pics im selecting are to big, Help pls.....
    How do you get to the "Tweaks" section in quick install?? I don't recall actually seeing a selection for "tweaks" or am I nuts??
    I'm on my laptop now, but I'm going to check my desktop (which has the quick install loaded) to see what you're talking about.
    Reason is, I need to find the iPhone workaround that Jason mentioned awhile back.. The one where you can make it seem as if the Pre is using Mobile Safari for iPhone?? I'd really like to check that out...

Never mind about the tweaks... I found it.

However...I AM curious as to whether this will screw up my Pre. It says that I cannot browse Sprint sites with it?? I guess that's ok since I NEVER check out Sprint on the phone...only laptop...

thanks for the info

any thoughts on how to do that?? Thank you!
    Last edited by couch1970; 02/10/2010 at 12:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Any idea if this is going to work with the 1.4 update (which is rumored to be coming out for Sprint on the 15th)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave81j6 View Post

I am stuck!

Thanks in Advance

I'm having the same issue. I'm totally stuck and was getting frustrated untill I saw that I wasn't the only one with this issue.
    Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Still having a problem.

How do I Remove WebOS Quick install & novacom completly?
    I mean any remnants of both of them. I did uninstall novacom from uninstall programs etc. Then deleated both WebOS Quick Install & the doctor. Then rebooted the computer then re-downloaded everything but it still does not prompt me at the begining to select usb or emulator.
    I want WebOS Quick install to "think it is a new computer with a fresh install where it prompts you to select USB or emulator upon launching for the first time.

I am pettty sure if I can get it to do that it should work again.

I put my Pre on a different computer
    that never had it installed & it worked the first time using the same methods on this computer.
    Thanks
    Bump!!

Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks

Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Bump!!

Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks

Michael
    Why don't you just open up WebOS QI, File > options > Choose Emulator or USB.

Is there something else you wanted?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!