Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Same here, i just updated both the app and svc via Preware, now the LED Torch no longer works - just displays a black non-responsive screen. However, FlashLight (the first iteration of this app) is working fine. LED Torch is listed within the Device Info>Software list, as v0.2.3
    Last edited by bryank9; 02/09/2010 at 12:16 PM.
    +1...since the update I can launch the app but not get the LED to light.
    The update worked fine for me. Just curious and I don't know if this is the reason but did everyone having problems update the app first and then the service? I updated the service first and then the app and have had no issues as of yet.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I installed the app first, then the service. Definitely makes sense to do the service first, but didn't realize it needed to be updated until after the app was installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryank9 View Post
    I installed the app first, then the service. Definitely makes sense to do the service first, but didn't realize it needed to be updated until after the app was installed.
    Try uninstalling both, rebooting your phone, installing the service first, and then the app. See if that works.
    I don't know that the order matters... at one point last night I had removed all three (device menu patch, app, service) and reinstalled in the order of service, then app, then patch... still no go on the app, but the service and patch are running fine.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I updated service first and have no problems. Because the app is dependent I did restart after updating service before updating the app. If you're having probs. Try deleting both then reboot and reinstall service first then reboot and install Torch.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

8.    #168  
    I think I've figured out the issue with the app not installing right. Until the update is released, I recommend installing the .ipk with WebOS Quick Install, worked fine for me there
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Removed the app, left systoolsmgr installed...reinstalled app...works perfectly.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Still no bueno for me... ran a full restore on my phone last night, and the only app that won't show up no matter how hard I might try to install it is LEDtorch. Even trying installing it through WebOS Quickinstall... to no avail

I'm sure you'll work out the problems, and I gotta say, you officially make some of the best and most useful programs for the Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by FiXXXerX View Post
    Still no bueno for me... ran a full restore on my phone last night, and the only app that won't show up no matter how hard I might try to install it is LEDtorch. Even trying installing it through WebOS Quickinstall... to no avail

I'm sure you'll work out the problems, and I gotta say, you officially make some of the best and most useful programs for the Pre!

And you DID install systoolsmgr first?
    Thanks for the strobe feature!!!!
    I've tried Preware, WebOS Quick Install, and Filecoaster. All say that it installs but the app doesn't show up anywhere, including the launcher app list. Systoolsmgr installed without difficulty. Rebooting doesn't help.
    Yeah, the strobe is a good feature, in case you need help/attract attention. Thanks!
    GOT IT TO WORK! - but theres a problem

I had to uninstall the sysmanager service thingie and also the advanced restart screen or whatever that gives you other options on the hold power button screen

I have a problem with it because for some reason when I open it I have always to change it to 200ma from 100ma but when I close the app and then reopen it again even after a full phone reset it will be set to 200ma but it will say 100ma and I have to move it to the middle part to put it to 100ma and then back to 200ma - however it is running at 200ma it just says 100ma, its a ui bug or whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Yeah, the strobe is a good feature, in case you need help/attract attention.
    I would prefer to just use the phone to call for help. Somehow, lying somewhere bleeding to death and hoping someone notices and responds to a strobe light doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

The flashlight is useful, the strobe is just a novelty, unless you want to try inducing seizures in people you don't like.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atalbert View Post
    I've tried Preware, WebOS Quick Install, and Filecoaster. All say that it installs but the app doesn't show up anywhere, including the launcher app list. Systoolsmgr installed without difficulty. Rebooting doesn't help.
    Same here, tried all the above and the app is still a no-show. Any suggestions?
    I tried installing LED torch again this morning via Preware and it installed (and appeared) just fine. Strange. I hadn't done anything different to my phone since the last attempts.

Works great and quite nice to have for emergencies.
  19.    #179  
    I uploaded a fresh ipk of the same version to the feed. Evidently the old ipk had issues.

If you are missing the icon, uninstall any bugged installed ones via preware or wosqi and try reinstalling from the current file on preware
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    ok, maybe it's just me, but I can't get it to work. Does it work on other pixi's? Am I the black sheep?
    thanks!
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast