Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 317
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #121  
    Great App! Thanks again Jason!
  2. #122  
    This is the best app...period! Thanks, Jason!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  3. #123  
    I occasionally want a very dim light to navigate our house (toddlers and their toys...) or read in bed at night without waking anyone. I've been using the 4Sevens flashlight (0.3Lm moonlight) mode. Is it possible to run the LED at 5mA or a similarly low current?
    Thanks
    USR Pilot 5000->3Com PalmPilot Pro->Palm IIIx->Palm 515->Palm TT3->Treo 700p->HTC Touch Pro->Palm Pre->HTC Evo
  4. #124  
    I havent seen anyone reply to if it can work on the Palm Pixi as yet because I really like the idea but cannot get it to work on my Pixi...any suggestions pls...
  5. #125  
    How about them Pre fueled rave parties?
  6. gc916's Avatar
    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #126  
    I doctored my Pre today. All apps and patches are reinstalled and working fine, with the exception of LED Torch. Using Preware, I have removed/reinstalled the app, as well as the required SysToolsMgr Service, but the problem persists. Suggestions, anyone?
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    I doctored my Pre today. All apps and patches are reinstalled and working fine, with the exception of LED Torch. Using Preware, I have removed/reinstalled the app, as well as the required SysToolsMgr Service, but the problem persists. Suggestions, anyone?
    what error are you getting?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8. gc916's Avatar
    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    what error are you getting?
    Jason,

    No error at all. If I tap on the icon in the launcher, the app opens, and I can move the brightness slider, but tapping on the Toggle has no effect.

    I have confirmed via the Camera app that the LED is working.

    Thanks.
  9. dvargas72's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    So people kept asking for a Flashlight app and here it is. This ones is completely of my creation and as such, I thought it fitting to name this app something new.

    This app requires http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-service.html to function correctly.

    I made the app style customized to a dark motif as generally you'd be using the flashlight in the dark and certainly don't want a bright screen to throw off your vision.

    In addition, I've added a slider bar to adjust the brightness from 50mA to 200mA. And of course, there's the central toggle button that turns the LED flashlight on and off.

    I believe Pregame is making his out flashlight app, and will offer compatibility with my SysToolsMgr (which has an open api), with extended featured, but I only really needed a basic flashlight toggle so I've made this.


    Hope you guys like it



    (Note: should be on the PreCentral homebrew gallery, here, soon)


    EDIT: Here's a temporary direct download link for use until the app is published on PreCentral gallere: http://filebin.ca/mnuthy/ca.canuckso..._0.1.1_all.ipk
    Unfortunately, it seems as I am in the same boat with the torch. I am getting no error message but touching the toggle switch does nothing for me. I also have verified the flasj through the camera app and the brightness slider does recognize movement.
  10. #130  
    it would really nice if someone could assist Jason in order to figure out the LED functionality on the pixi so he could add it on the app for it work on pixi

    cheers
  11. #131  
    Very nice! Good quality work. I'd pay a buck or two for this if you got it up on the app catalogue.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grysk View Post
    Very nice! Good quality work. I'd pay a buck or two for this if you got it up on the app catalogue.
    The service that is required to access the LED functionality is not an official Palm API, so therefore is not accepted in the app catalogue.

    Why not pay a buck or two now via the author's donation link?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #133  
    I was having the same problem downloading this on my wife's phone I finally got it to work. This may help- I had SYS Manager Tool installed as well as the LED torch app and a patch that allowed for this to be turned on with a pull down menu. I tried removing both SYS manager and the app and re-installing them with no luck. Finally I removed the patch then removed SYS manager then removed the app and reinstalled all 3 starting with SYS Manager Tool then the app then the patch and all is well. Hope this helps
  14. #134  
    So um, its been quite awhile, not trying to sound demanding or anything, but whatever happened to strobe functionality?
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    So um, its been quite awhile, not trying to sound demanding or anything, but whatever happened to strobe functionality?
    It's nearly done, I just had to release WebOSQuickInstall v3.0
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  16. #136  
    Thanks very much, sorry for being so impatient, I understand you're doing all you can. I just had a brief moment of ignorance.
  17. #137  
    I absolutely love this app, my question is this.... will this cause my led to burn out prematurely by using this app at its full brightness, or any brightness at that. thanks jason
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It's nearly done, I just had to release WebOSQuickInstall v3.0
    Jason, great app! How about incorporating a blink or SOS function? Could come in handy for folks that get stranded while skiing, hiking, etc. Something like this would make the pre even more unique!
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by influenze View Post
    I absolutely love this app, my question is this.... will this cause my led to burn out prematurely by using this app at its full brightness, or any brightness at that. thanks jason
    Probably not, but just run it at 100mA or 150mA if you want to be extra conservative.

    Most LED's are rated for 50,000-100,000 hours. If overdriven, the life may decrease a bit. But even if it decreases by half, you're looking at THOUSANDS of hours. Even if you used the phone's LED as a flashlight for an hour a day, you are looking at years of use before the LED starts dimming. I probably will not have my Pre for more than 2-3 years...most likely I will get a new version of the Pre when it comes out and give this one to a friend or family member, etc.
    I make high power led flashlights and this point is frequently brought up (even if you overdrive an LED and reduce the life by half, the flashlight will still last for years).

    BUT...I don't think Jason's app is overdriving the LED...
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthill View Post
    I was having the same problem downloading this on my wife's phone I finally got it to work. This may help- I had SYS Manager Tool installed as well as the LED torch app and a patch that allowed for this to be turned on with a pull down menu. I tried removing both SYS manager and the app and re-installing them with no luck. Finally I removed the patch then removed SYS manager then removed the app and reinstalled all 3 starting with SYS Manager Tool then the app then the patch and all is well. Hope this helps
    Thanks for the help, I had the same thing happening and couldn't figure it out, Worked great.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions