Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    A little indicator on the LED torch app itself to show if active or not would be nice. A notification icon in the notification area, too, in case you forget to shut the thing off when swiping cards around? It's obvious in the dark, but not so much when just showing off to friends :-)
    Nice idea

Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    On the sysmanager service ... nice start to some basic pipes to *nix commands. Any plans for generic file IO? I know that's a bit of a security hole if you are running that service as root.
    That's been available for months. See FileMgr Service.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    There has been one out there since the first month the pre was released. I was called myFlashlight.
    OK? I didn't see it or use it, so my resonse to you is and..............
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Oh thank you so much for this. I've been wanting an app that would use the camera LED as a torch. Plus, next time my obnoxious brother starts shoving his iphone in my face, I'm going to say "oh hey can you use your phone as a flashlight? Check this out!" and then I'm going to blind his ***.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    The app is excellent.

Is there any way to update the app to include a strobe function with a variable rate ala slider?

Also, it would be great to have a button to activate the LED momentarily for use as a signaling device for morse code.
    I love, love, love this app! Been waiting for it for a while now.

Just waiting for the update so I can put it on my friends Pixi.
    It would be cool to type in a phrase and have the light say it in morse code:P

Great app Jason.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Hi Jason,

I'm afraid my Pre is failing to work with either of the available flashlight apps. Whilst the app's install and load successfully, my actual flash does not illuminate.

Would this have anything to do with me being based in the UK, where our latest WebOS version is 1.3.1? Or any possible differences in hardware cross-continent?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I'd like to see an app using this with the keyboard..pressing a letter key results in the respective morse code flashes...and a quick button for a repeating SOS flash
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Love the app. I'm excited to see the strobe functionality.

A feature that would be neat is a background service activated by holding the silver button down for say any time longer than 2 seconds the torch will come on and shut off when you release it. A nice light background service that doesnt require a card / notification area item to be present. Thoughts? Would this be difficult?
    Quote Originally Posted by e_town View Post
    Love the app. I'm excited to see the strobe functionality.

A feature that would be neat is a background service activated by holding the silver button down for say any time longer than 2 seconds the torch will come on and shut off when you release it. A nice light background service that doesnt require a card / notification area item to be present. Thoughts? Would this be difficult?
    Access to the center button has not been given via the SDK. It's currently not possible to alter the functionality of it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Access to the center button has not been given via the SDK. It's currently not possible to alter the functionality of it.
    Its the thought that counts.... Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by e_town View Post
    Its the thought that counts.... Oh well.
    For sure! Lots of devs want access to it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yalden View Post
    Hi Jason,

I'm afraid my Pre is failing to work with either of the available flashlight apps. Whilst the app's install and load successfully, my actual flash does not illuminate.

Would this have anything to do with me being based in the UK, where our latest WebOS version is 1.3.1? Or any possible differences in hardware cross-continent?
    I'm having a similar problem. While the myflashlight app works fine, I'd prefer to use the LEDtorch app, but tapping the 'toggle flashlight' doesn't turn on the LED
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    I'm having a similar problem. While the myflashlight app works fine, I'd prefer to use the LEDtorch app, but tapping the 'toggle flashlight' doesn't turn on the LED
    Did you install SysToolsMgr too?

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

I have a pixi and it doesnt look like this app works on it, but you wouldint happen to have an idea when support for the pixi is coming?

thanks,
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman0855 View Post
    I have a pixi and it doesnt look like this app works on it, but you wouldint happen to have an idea when support for the pixi is coming?

thanks,
    Unfortunately the pixi uses a different LED system than the Pre. If anyone reading this has knowledge on how to operate the Pixi LED, please PM and I'll add Pixi support asap.

This app seems to have disappeared from preware...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    This app seems to have disappeared from preware...
    nevermind...didn't enable feed
    *delurk*

Just a reminder. To get this to work, you should install with WebOS Quick Install. Load the system service first. RESET. Then, you load the app. You should be golden then.

Thanks for a great forum for a great product.

*lurk*
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    Same here, until I followed my procedure in my above post.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast