Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, I announced a few days ago in a few other threads (and over twitter) I was making an updated flashlight app. PreGame contacted me only yesterday and even then he said he'd support SysToolsMgr, so I figured I'd just release what I had done. I'm on the verge of make my SysToolsMgr open source as well, but until I decide, I've given an open API for developers

And to those wondering, both SysToolsMgr and LED Torch will be on Preware very soon
    I said if you were releasing your system tools manager and people had it installed my flashlight app would use it. You never mentioned you were releasing your own flashlight app.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I love this app!! I have wanted an LED flashlight like this since I got my Pre on day one. Thanks for your work Jason!! Donation comming your way!!
    There has been one out there since the first month the pre was released. I was called myFlashlight.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    great app. thanks alot!
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Thanks J!!!

You should've seen my face when it worked the first time. For some reason I was thinking just a bright white screen - even though "camera flash" has been mentioned repeatedly - duh! My GF is always giving me a hard time for playing with my phone and she finally smiled when it lit up the dark room.

And props to PreGame who had this working in June, but I think it required rooting back then and I was too chicken.
    This is great! Is there a way, or a patch, that can activate the LED when an alarm goes off? I get up early and would wake others by turning on lights. I have been using my screen for light, but will not be using this application.

It would be easier if this automatically turned on when my alarm went off in the morning. Any thoughts?
    THanks for the awsome flashlight! Just an idea... Could you add the options to strobe it? Just for fun to bug people out. Or even set it to come on and strobe with an alarm to wake me up.

How about a pre alarm app. Use the motion sensor to tell when the pre is picked up and have an alarm go off and the light flash.
    Jason.
    I believe on another thread they were asking if it would be possible to make this app available next to like the clock or something. You know, so we can just tap on it and the light will light up. Here's the link.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...t-top-bar.html
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    Jason.
    I believe on another thread they were asking if it would be possible to make this app available next to like the clock or something. You know, so we can just tap on it and the light will light up. Here's the link.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...t-top-bar.html
    Jason has done two other patches which put a toggle for the flashlight into your device menu (upper right screen swipe down).

#1 is for the LED Torch alone added to the default existing list

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...vice-menu.html

#2 is part of a bunch of other changes to that menu (which make it loads more useful IMO - I never really used that menu much before this patch)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...u-megamix.html

Right now, both of these patches are only available as downloads to be installed via WebOS QI. Preware versions have been submitted, but as of today these have not yet posted to the Preware Feed for the Top Bar patches.

It's not quite an always-on toggle button, but probably will serve the purposes you are looking for.
    Very cool. One of the handiest apps out there so far. Just installed and now looking for an excuse to test it out.
    i got my flashlight to work....finally.lol just cant get led torch to work but at least i got this one working sweet apps guys. thanks.
    Last edited by b6teen; 01/04/2010 at 06:50 PM.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I said if you were releasing your system tools manager and people had it installed my flashlight app would use it. You never mentioned you were releasing your own flashlight app.
    I mentioned I had a test app working (I obviously need to make sure the flashlight was working as you said you'd be interested in it and its api). This was it. A friend convinced me to post this as an example of what my api can provide for developers. I don't plan on any long term development, so the featureset currently in LED Torch is about as far as I'll be taking it (aside from strobe light function, as that'll be a systoolsmgr function).

Quote Originally Posted by ChillyPenguin View Post
    This is great! Is there a way, or a patch, that can activate the LED when an alarm goes off? I get up early and would wake others by turning on lights. I have been using my screen for light, but will not be using this application.

It would be easier if this automatically turned on when my alarm went off in the morning. Any thoughts?
    Should be possible to create a patch to do this, I'll look into it, though you'd need to keep the Pre face-down for the camera flash to be visible, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    THanks for the awsome flashlight! Just an idea... Could you add the options to strobe it? Just for fun to bug people out. Or even set it to come on and strobe with an alarm to wake me up.
    yep, strobe is coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    #1 is for the LED Torch alone added to the default existing list

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...vice-menu.html

#2 is part of a bunch of other changes to that menu (which make it loads more useful IMO - I never really used that menu much before this patch)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...u-megamix.html
    And #3 http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lashlight.html

Quote Originally Posted by b6teen View Post
    i got my flashlight to work....finally.lol just cant get led torch to work but at least i got this one working sweet apps guys. thanks.
    Just to make things crystal clear, although I did unofficial security updates and ipk'd pregame's old flashlight app for the masses months ago, I am no longer involved with MyFlashlight in any way (other than providing my SysToolsMgr api). LED Torch is a proof-of-concept of the API freely available for Homebrew Devs and Patchers to use. My recent device menu flashlight patches are also examples of API usage

Anyway, back to your post, did you install SysToolsMgr as well as LED Torch then way like a min for the subsequent Java reboot? That should get things working.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    jason: could you make the flashlight turn on when opened ?? That would be nice . You figure if your opening the app you need it on, right ?? Well thanks for the app in any event . It is nice to have the briteness toggle .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Can not get it to work with Pixi either, Is it not supported? I installed it and it shows up but does nothing!!!
    Wondering if this will ever work with the pixi. Is the pixi harder to develop for?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Wondering if this will ever work with the pixi. Is the pixi harder to develop for?
    Since the Pixi does not have wifi, I cannot develop for it in Australia (where there is no CDMA network).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I installed this and the Sys Mngr file over the weekend, worked great. Then on Tuesday had to doctor phone (other problem not related) After taking 1.3.5.1 update and re-loading preware and pckg mngr 2.9 I re-installed this app and the service. Now the toggle won't turn on the light? Reset phone several times, nothing worked. Any ideas why?

Update: Decided to delete both app and service, reset, then re-install. Worked! Also noticed that now there's a patch to put the LED Torch in the drop-down menu on top right... Awesome.
    Last edited by Jonesey; 01/07/2010 at 06:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Love the patch that adds it to the menu. Now you don't have to launch the app (or have it isntalled) to use the flashlight. Much, much quicker.
    Just installed LED Torch. Freaking awesome I've been waiting for this ability w/o having to root.

My last phone had video capabilities which would use the flash when recording. I would use it as a flashlight all the time and have missed that with the PRE. Now I'm a happy camper.

I just installed the service and the app through WOQI and had no issues.
    A little indicator on the LED torch app itself to show if active or not would be nice. A notification icon in the notification area, too, in case you forget to shut the thing off when swiping cards around? It's obvious in the dark, but not so much when just showing off to friends :-)

On the sysmanager service ... nice start to some basic pipes to *nix commands. Any plans for generic file IO? I know that's a bit of a security hole if you are running that service as root.

If you would write a generic socket service and publish the API to that, you'd be my new hero :-)
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i love it.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast