Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I installed both of these tweak/patches and neither is working for me. No errors.
    Installed using WOSQI.
    Suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks Jason you did it again you rock.... This app is SMOOTH i like tha fact you can dim or bright
    Last edited by gitit20; 01/02/2010 at 05:33 PM.
    Great work to the developer its a very useful app.

This may seem like a silly question but would the LED get damaged if using it on full brightness fairly often?

Thanks!
    I have LED Torch installed now - works great and love the ability to control the brightness.
    Thanks Jason!
    Quote Originally Posted by peeg View Post
    Great work to the developer its a very useful app.

This may seem like a silly question but would the LED get damaged if using it on full brightness fairly often?

Thanks!
    I don't believe you would ever use it enough to do that you would have to have it on hours a day before you even come close to that i believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I installed both of these tweak/patches and neither is working for me. No errors.
    Installed using WOSQI.
    Suggestions?
    Remove and try installing with pre ware
    How do you install the patch that gets the flashlight option in the top menu bar pulldown?

My LED torch is working fine.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Love the app, however a suggestion would be to have the light turn off when you swipe the tab to close it. Its stays on and then i have to go back into the application and toggle it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wired4611 View Post
    Love the app, however a suggestion would be to have the light turn off when you swipe the tab to close it. Its stays on and then i have to go back into the application and toggle it.
    No offense, but I'm pretty sure that it was intended. Why else would it say Toggle Flashlight? I prefer it this way because I don't need the app open to use it.
    I haven't had any luck getting the torch led to work on my pre. The app opens but the led does not come on. How do I know if the systool is installed and working properly. I'm sure I am missing something and hope I can get this to work. I love the idea of using the led like that. Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by dgregory19 View Post
    I haven't had any luck getting the torch led to work on my pre. The app opens but the led does not come on. How do I know if the systool is installed and working properly. I'm sure I am missing something and hope I can get this to work. I love the idea of using the led like that. Thanks,
    Did you install the SysToolsMgr service first? I used Preware to install it, it did the java restart and then I installed the LED torch.

To check if you have SysToolsMgr service installed, open Preware (assuming you are using it) then click on installed packages, then click on Service, it should be listed there.

By the way, once you launch the app, you have to click on "Toggle Flashlight" for it to come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I don't believe you would ever use it enough to do that you would have to have it on hours a day before you even come close to that i believe
    I was wondering the same thing, if this could burn out something.

cool that it doesn't seem to be the case.

nice app
    How do you install the patch that gets the flashlight option in the top menu bar pulldown?

Got the answer. Thanks.
    Last edited by zweinstein; 01/02/2010 at 07:44 PM.
    I got it to work. I used the Preware installer. As I suspected this is an awsome app Jason. Kudos to you again. Thanks for the reply Trekker.
    Does anyone know what the longterm effects of using the flash LED at 200ma for an extended period of time are? I mean, this type of LED is specifically designed for burst use as a flash, not prolonged use as a light. Will it cause the diode to fail prematurely? At least, as compared to a standard LED light source.
    Amazing. I won't need to carry the LED on my keyring.

Thanks, Jason.
    I installed LED Torch via Preware on my 1.3.5 Pre, then installed the service. I was surprised that Preware didn't toggle a dependency for the service... is that something they did wrong? Can apps be set up to have a dependency on a service package so both will be installed at the same time?

Anyway, it works great! I, too, was wondering about if the LED would be damaged at 200mA (that is a LOT of power for an LED). Figure I would just use it at 100mA most of the time.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Works great in the menu patch as well.
    Menu patch??? What are you talking about?
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Maybe on the next version of LED Torch you can add a Strobe function or Flashing. Different speeds of the strobe/flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    Maybe on the next version of LED Torch you can add a Strobe function or Flashing. Different speeds of the strobe/flash.
    "And this just in...a man goes into an epileptic fit after exposure to the Palm Pre's LED!"

I probably wouldnt have any uses for a strobe, but to have the ability to flash Morse Code messages (probably S.O.S if someone is stranded somewhere) could be useful in an emergency.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast