webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > LED Torch v0.2.7 - Flashlight App
LED Torch v0.2.7 - Flashlight App
Like Tree2Likes

Old 01/01/2010, 10:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

Wow I love it. Amazing app, I can't wait till i need to use it. Seriously.
Rudementry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2010, 10:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
Yea, I announced a few days ago in a few other threads (and over twitter) I was making an updated flashlight app. PreGame contacted me only yesterday and even then he said he's support SysToolsMgr, so I figured I'd just release what I had done. I'm on the versge of make my SysToolsMgr open source as well, but until I decide, I've given an open API for developers

And to those wondering, both SysToolsMgr and LED Torch will be on Preware very soon
We should definitely settle on whichever open source service is the superset of functionality and consolidate ...

-- Rod
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2010, 10:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
We should definitely settle on whichever open source service is the superset of functionality and consolidate ...

-- Rod
Well, mine is now completely MIT opensource, with full API specsheet available, feel free to see what it can do for yourself

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2010, 10:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Well, mine is now completely MIT opensource, with full API specsheet available, feel free to see what it can do for yourself
Well, the decision to consolidate is up to you and PreGame, but the spec looks pretty good to me - I'll take a look at the open source service implementation later today.

Thanks,
-- Rod
Old 01/01/2010, 10:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
What was the intensity of the original PreGame LED app? Thanks. {Jonathan}
I believe 100mA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
both work great. What is the intensity of the menu switch and is it tied to LED torch.
The menu patch is tied to this app, in that the menu will be able to detect the flash on, though the menu toggle is hardcoded to 100mA (as higher will cause a larger battery impact)

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Old 01/02/2010, 04:04 AM   #26 (permalink)

Thanks its nice to have alternatives
hitechalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2010, 04:51 AM   #27 (permalink)

Migrated to LED Torch for the darkened screen. Excellent feature. Thanks.
cas_esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2010, 11:02 AM   #28 (permalink)
Legend

Just a heads-up for those waiting, LED Torch and SysToolsMgr should now be on Preware

Old 01/02/2010, 12:13 PM   #29 (permalink)

Thanks, Jason, for this and all you do. Will be donating as soon as my replacement debit card arrives.

Quote:
Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
Blaize19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2010, 01:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

Thanks Jason, I'm using it with your LED Torch in the top menu with your new advanced top menu patch. Works great! Installed both (actually all three including systoolsmgr) via QI 2.96. Great work bro!
Old 01/02/2010, 01:14 PM   #31 (permalink)

not working on pixi.....tried installing and reinstalling....no luck
hammersfd#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2010, 01:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersfd View Post
not working on pixi.....tried installing and reinstalling....no luck
if any Pixi owners have Internalz on their device and have a bit of spare time, try IMing me and I'll see what I can do about Pixi support

Old 01/02/2010, 02:28 PM   #33 (permalink)

I had myFlashlight installed until I saw the variable brightness of LED Torch and installed that. However, I then deleted myflashlight from the launcher page and it was gone untill I restarted Luna and it came back. Then deleted it in webosqi and came back again and again. Then got an error message in webosqi that I couldn't connect. I think it's finally gone. Is PreGame playing games? Explainations? And thanks Jason, Great App...
Duggleluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2010, 02:52 PM   #34 (permalink)

Hi Jason:

So I downloaded SysToolsMgr and LED Torch from Preware and installed them.
However, I had the new app WeatherNow running in the background. A message
came up stating "Error running WeatherNow, please contact developer."

I removed WeatherNow and LED Torch. However, I get an error when trying to remove
SysToolsMgr. I cannot remove it using Preware. I think WeatherNow and SysToolsMgr are in conflict. I downloaded WeatherNow and again get an error running Weatherman.

How else can I remove SysToolsMgr to see if it is what conflicts with WeatherNow?

Thanks Jason!

Last edited by PreDave; 01/02/2010 at 02:59 PM.
PreDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2010, 03:06 PM   #35 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggleluv View Post
I had myFlashlight installed until I saw the variable brightness of LED Torch and installed that. However, I then deleted myflashlight from the launcher page and it was gone untill I restarted Luna and it came back. Then deleted it in webosqi and came back again and again. Then got an error message in webosqi that I couldn't connect. I think it's finally gone. Is PreGame playing games? Explainations? And thanks Jason, Great App...
According to WebOSInternals twitter:
@palmdoc I'm working on a fix. This one is my fault, not PreGame's..
evidentally it's an issue with Package Manager Service itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
So I downloaded SysToolsMgr and LED Torch from Preware and installed them.
However, I had the new app WeatherNow running in the background. A message
came up stating "Error running WeatherNow, please contact developer."

I removed WeatherNow and LED Torch. However, I get an error when trying to remove
SysToolsMgr. I cannot remove it using Preware. I think WeatherNow and SysToolsMgr are in conflict. I downloaded WeatherNow and again get an error running Weatherman.

How else can I remove SysToolsMgr to see if it is what conflicts with WeatherNow?
Sound like the issue with Package Manager Service preventing service uninstall. In regards to Weatherman, I honestly can't think of anything in SysToolsMgr that would cause issue. Got a url for the developer's homepage?

Old 01/02/2010, 03:11 PM   #36 (permalink)

Jason:

Here is the link to the devloper's page:

WeatherNow
Old 01/02/2010, 03:20 PM   #37 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
Jason:

Here is the link to the devloper's page:

WeatherNow
After looking at his app, the only thing I can think that might have happened, would be that the java restart that happens at the end of app installation may have happened during a time Weathman was calling a service in the background or accessing the internet (with no other connection available), which would have resulted in an error.

Java restarts are uncommon, but to be expected with service installations. Once it's finished, things should be back to normal with weatherman. Alternatively, a simple reboot of your Pre would fix any issue

Old 01/02/2010, 03:38 PM   #38 (permalink)

I love it. I had the myflashlight in the quick launch,and now I'll use this.
my only suggestion would be to add an option to have it autostart the LED when you open the app.
DFroelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2010, 04:03 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
After looking at his app, the only thing I can think that might have happened, would be that the java restart that happens at the end of app installation may have happened during a time Weathman was calling a service in the background or accessing the internet (with no other connection available), which would have resulted in an error.

Java restarts are uncommon, but to be expected with service installations. Once it's finished, things should be back to normal with weatherman. Alternatively, a simple reboot of your Pre would fix any issue
Thank you Jason.

While I cannot remove SysToolsMgr from Preware at this time, I do have LED Torch and
WeatherNow installed and apparently cohabitating without conflict.

You Are the Best!!!
Thanked By: olebl
Old 01/02/2010, 05:05 PM   #40 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
According to WebOSInternals twitter:
@palmdoc I'm working on a fix. This one is my fault, not PreGame's..
evidentally it's an issue with Package Manager Service itself
Anyone having problems with Preware on webOS 1.3.1 should upgrade to Package Manager Service 0.9.29 - see http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2124045 for details. There is no problem on webOS 1.3.5 - if anyone is having problems there, then they are unrelated.

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0