Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
Like Tree2Likes
  1. mpx
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Sweet, works. I noticed I had to "echo 2 > flash_enable" to enable torch mode.
    yes, sorry. I didn't remember correctly when i wrote the post.
    Updated
  2. mpx
    Just some more details:

led current in flash and torch are checked against an intensity table to validate them:
    static struct brightness_entry flash_brightness_map[] = {
    {0x0, 38},
    {0x1, 75},
    {0x2, 113},
    {0x3, 150},
    {0x4, 188},
    {0x5, 225},
    {0x6, 263},
    {0x7, 300},
    {0x8, 338},
    {0x9, 375},
    {0xA, 413},
    {0xB, 450},
    {0xC, 488},
    {0xD, 525},
    {0xE, 563},
    {0xF, 600}
    };

static struct brightness_entry torch_brightness_map[] = {
    {0x0, 18},
    {0x1, 37},
    {0x2, 56},
    {0x3, 75},
    {0x4, 93},
    {0x5, 112},
    {0x6, 131},
    {0x7, 150},
    };

where the second number is intensity. So it should not be the risk to damage led (at least in torch mode). Duration is max 1024 (milliseconds?) for flash mode.
  3.    #303  
    I've just submitted an update to LED Torch.

v0.2.7 - October 12, 2011
    - Re-added SysToolsMgr package dependency flag (forgot to include it in 0.2.6)

v0.2.6 - October 11, 2011
    - Special compatibility improvements for Pre3's led flash brightness scale, thanks to mpx

Supports the brightness range from 18mA to 150mA

Won't be on the feed for a few hours until the feed gets refreshed and notices the updated app. So in the meantime, feel free to install the .ipk manually from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/ca.c..._0.2.7_all.ipk

Make sure you have the new just-released v1.0.5 SysToolsMgr is you're using it on a Pre3.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 10/12/2011 at 04:51 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    negradio likes this.
    Huge thanks. I just donated a very small token of appreciation. Much more is owed to you and the rest of the Homebrew/Internaz folks.

Torch, Torch, Hurray!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Just to confirm - works like charm - both application as well as alternative methods to turn it on (I use one of the system menu mods).
    thanks for the new version Jason, it was the biggest thing I was missing on my Pre3.

a little bug though with the app: it won't respect the brightness setting if I set it with the led off - I have to turn it on then set the brightness. this is on an AT&T Pre3 w/2.2.3 if that makes any difference.

also the first time I tried it I couldn't get it to turn off without closing the app then re-opening it, but that hasn't recurred since so it was probably a one-time glitch.
  7.    #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    thanks for the new version Jason, it was the biggest thing I was missing on my Pre3.

a little bug though with the app: it won't respect the brightness setting if I set it with the led off - I have to turn it on then set the brightness. this is on an AT&T Pre3 w/2.2.3 if that makes any difference.

also the first time I tried it I couldn't get it to turn off without closing the app then re-opening it, but that hasn't recurred since so it was probably a one-time glitch.
    oddly, I'm not able to reproduce the bugs you mention. Can you confirm you are on v0.2.6 of LED Torch and v1.0.5 of SysToolsMgr?

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

8. mpx
    I confirm the bug.

But it's not a bug, it's a feature. :-P I think it is caused by the fact that the kernel ignore all settings made until the led is turned on.
    You can see the reject on /var/log/messages

2011-10-11T23:12:31.852783Z [30912] webos-device kern.err kernel: [161984.486755] Flash must be enabled before use
    oddly, I'm not able to reproduce the bugs you mention. Can you confirm you are on v0.2.6 of LED Torch and v1.0.5 of SysToolsMgr?
    definitely on v0.2.6 & v1.0.5. didn't have either package installed before, as I knew they didn't work.

perhaps after you make the call to turn on the LED, you could set the brightness again?
    Hello,
    Thanks for this app. I have installed in Pre- and now i installed in pre3.
    Thanks Jason.
    You are great!!!
    Lluisinho
    Para todos, todo!!!
    fantastic
    Any chance to work in the Pixi Plus?
    Please can someone tell about it's compatibility with pixi.
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by nattysinister View Post
    Please can someone tell about it's compatibility with pixi.
    as has been noted many time on previous pages, and other forum threads, the pixi uses an unknown proprietary LED flash controller format and thus doesn't work in LED Torch or any other flashlight apps currently

as has been noted many time on previous pages, and other forum threads, the pixi uses an unknown proprietary LED flash controller format and thus doesn't work in LED Torch or any other flashlight apps currently
    Jason - do you know if anyone has ever asked HP to release the info on this controller?
  16.    #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Jason - do you know if anyone has ever asked HP to release the info on this controller?
    Not sure. I know the most that's been offered up so far was the camera c headers.

just wanted to mention while trying to install this flashlight app, it was giving me issues with doing it DIRECTLY through the WOSQI; as in downloading within it.

i was able to successfully put each service on and then the flashlight by downloading each to my computer first, and then installing via the Add File function in WOSQI.

this is on a FrankenPre2 running 2.2.4. Not sure if was an issue stemming from my phone, or something you may be able to resolve.

thanks for your contributions to webOS and Happy New Year.